Friends?

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

"Yongguk hyung, what's wrong?" Zelo asked after noticing that his leader was spacing out. "What are you thinking of?"

BAP boys were back at their residence after a long night of searching through the streets of Seoul. All of them were exhausted but they were feeling frustrated more than worrying about their tiredness.

"I think there is something obviously wrong. Someone out there is definitely messing with us!" Yongguk hit the wall furiously. BAP had been failing to carry out their assassination missions. Every full moon night they were given the name of the forsaken one whom they were tasked to kill. However, for many full moon nights lately, they failed to do so. The targets would either gone "missing" as though they knew the BAP was going after them or someone out there was "helping" them to flee.

"This is the 10th person we failed to find and kill. Lee Byung Hyun; known for his drug and ion business. He is a scum for sure. Argh! We need to find him and the rest that we've missed and whip their asses, dead!" Himchan cried out.

"Do you think someone is helping these people? EXO? BTOB?," Daehyun spoke his thoughts.

"I don't think they would mess with us considering the fact that they know what we are doing. We aren't tasked to kill normal people. These people are rats to the society. EXO and BTOB; I don't think they're involved." Youngjae, the brainy one tried to state his claim logically.

"BTOB? Maybe they want revenge," Daehyun said out.

"Why would they need revenge from us?" Zelo asked.

"Because we killed their STAR or at least that's what they think," Daehyun answered.

Yongguk turned and faced Zelo, "We didn't," that was all he said to the youngest who was still not around when the incident with BTOB occurred.

**************************************

"Hyung! Look! The arcade. Let's go in and play!" Zelo exclaimed esctatically.

 

The BAP boys were walking along the street of Dongdaemun when the youngest member spotted an arcade. The older members complied and went in for a few rounds of games. Jongup and Himchan were on the dance box. They attracted the attention of many girls who gawked at them despite dancing foolishly. Yongguk looked at them; feeling embarrassed, he walked away from the crowd. He was about to start the shooting game when someone familiar caught his attention walking outside the arcade. He stared until she walked past. That was when it hit him. It's her, he screamed inside. Without thinking twice, he dashed out and called her.

 

"Lyorin, thanks for accompanying me straight after school for shopping today." Yoona said.

"No worries. It's a Friday anyways, so there won't be any school tomorrow. We can stay out a little late today." Lyorin assured.

They were busy talking on the way back from shopping at Dongdaemun when suddenly someone called out Lyorin’s name. Both Yoona and Lyorin turned around only to face with a handsome blonde guy. “Hi Lyorin.”

Lyorin’s stomach turned ice as she stared straight into Yongguk’s eyes. She gulped nervously and grabbed Yoona’s hand.

“Yoona, you go ahead without me okay? I’ll go back on my own later.” Lyorin spoke softly to her.

“Do you know him?” Lyorin nodded, “but he looks like a bad guy.” Yoona was sceptical. She had never seen Yongguk before.

“Yes, I know him.” Lyorin spoke calmly but her inside, she was shivering in fear. “I’ll call you when I reach home. See you on Monday.” She quickly gave her a hug and immediately shooed her away. Yoona was hesitant to leave Lyorin alone, but since she was forced to leave without her, she made her way back.

Lyorin was holding on to her watch tightly. Her watch had a hidden tracking device. Once she pressed the button, EXO would be alerted right away. After Yoona left, the rest of BAP joined and she was facing with 6 dangerous guys.

“Hyung, why did you leave…” Jongup stopped.

“Oh hi pretty! What are you doing here all by yourself?” Himchan made his way to Lyorin and walked around her. Lyorin stayed firm. She was glad there weren’t many passerbies because she cannot let them get hurt by BAP. “Yongguk, should we finish her off tonight?” Himchan snickered.

Lyorin was about to press the tracker but suddenly, “Himchan! I want all of you to control your urge to kill tonight. It’s an order!” Yongguk yelled. Himchan was in complete surprise. Without delaying time, Yongguk took Lyorin’s hand and dragged her to a nearby quiet park. Lyorin just followed, dragging herself. She was still holding tightly to the tracker. Despite facing evident dangers, she still had yet to press it. She can’t explain why her instincts seemed to tell her that Yongguk wasn’t going to harm her in any way.

Upon reaching the park, Yongguk let go off her hand and said in a calm tone to his brothers, “I want you guys to leave.”

“But hyung…” Zelo protested but stopped when he noticed that Yongguk’s eyes were piercing right through him. They didn’t question further and followed the leader’s command.

Lyorin was left with Yongguk alone. She was still afraid but not as terrified as before. Yongguk turned towards her and gestured her to sit on the bench. She felt suspicious but still did as instructed. It was an awkward silence at the beginning as both Lyorin and Yongguk sat on the bench.

“How are you?” Yongguk broke the silence.

Lyorin stared at him unbelievingly. “Huh? What?” Confused, she just looked down and refused to answer. Yongguk suddenly moved closer to her which made Lyorin even more cautious. “What do you want?” She asked.

“I’m sorry about the other day. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He said.

Lyorin sniggered, “Yeah, you totally didn’t mean it.” She said sarcastically. “Look, does it matter if I forgive you? What do you want? If you want to kill me, then go ahead. I’m not afraid.” Lyorin bravely spoke out.

“Are you sure? You’re allowing me to kill you? Then, what about precious EXO and their powers?” Yongguk laughed. Lyorin mentally cursed herself for her blatant statement. Hearing his laughter, Lyorin became less nervous.

“Okay, maybe not kill.” Lyorin blurted out.

“You’re really cute, do you know that? Okay, I’ll spare your life but on one condition.” Yongguk teased.

“What?”

“Be my friend?” Yongguk stopped his teasing and turned serious.

“What?! I don’t recall friendship as something that is based on a threat.” Lyorin laughed at his joke but Yongguk remained stiff.

“I mean it.” He sounded honest. Lyorin stopped laughing and looked straight at his eyes. His eyes showed sincerity and she can’t help but to soften.

“W-why?” She muttered.

“Because…” Yongguk took a long time to answer which made Lyorin restless, especially when she was already late. Lyorin looked at the time and it’s already 10pm. She was out the whole day from school.

“Okay friends. Can I go now?” Her response was brief because she knew it was a waste of time. She said it for the sake of wanting to protect EXO. Obviously, she wasn’t going to be friends with a stranger who almost killed her.

Just when she was about to leave, Yongguk held her hand and said, “I like you.”

 

 

To be continued...

 

 


 

Author's note

 

Hello to all my beautiful and handsome (keke) readers. Sorry if my story because this is my first time writing. I can only update my story during the weekends because weekdays are left for school. I'm actually nearing my GCE exams so, it might be even difficult for me to update. But rest assured, I try to update. Anyways, I hope you enjoy reading. The story is still far from over. ^__^ Thank you!