School Party

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

“Lyorin, are you sure this looks good?” Yoona asked her friend while she posed in front of the full body length mirror at her bed room. Lyorin was doing her nails when she looked up and saw her beautiful friend in a knee-length dress.

“Wow, you look good.” Lyorin replied enthusiastically. “Luhan oppa will never leave his eyes off you.” She continued only to earn a playful slap from Yoona.

“Aish, don’t say that. I’m already very nervous.” Yoona replied and paced around the room trying to figure out which accessories to use. “Will he be okay with this? Is it too formal? Is the colour too plain?” She asked continuously but Lyorin could only chuckle at her friend’s plight. “Hey, I’m serious here.”

Lyorin stood up and walked towards her friend. “Yoong, even if you’re only wearing t-shirt and jeans, you still look good. Besides, I don’t think Luhan oppa will bother so much especially when he already realised how beautiful you are, right here –“ She placed a finger on the left side of Yoona’s chest, pointing at her heart.

The two girls spent their time dolling up for the school party. Lyorin decided to crash at Yoona’s place since she could not possibly dress up back in her mansion, full of boys. Yoona had decided to go to the prom with Luhan as her date. She was extra nervous and conscious on how she dressed. Without a doubt, Yoona had fallen quite a bit for Luhan, vice versa. After their first encounter, they had been going out and talking, while trying to get to know each other. Being the protective friend, Lyorin was wary at the beginning. However, when she realised how serious Luhan was, she willingly allowed them to date, though not official yet.

Lyorin, on the other hand, was going to go to the party without a date. Even though she had received countless invitations from guys in her school to become their date, she flatly refused every single one of them. Actually, she was hoping he would ask her but it seemed like he would not. She was a little disappointed. However, putting aside the worries, she decided to just go to the party and enjoy herself. She waited for her usual pickup, with Kai and Sehun. Dressed in a chick dark blue bohemian short dress and black heels with her big wavy curled hair flowing on to her shoulders, she walked slowly towards the car. Yoona was obviously waiting for another car to pick her up; Luhan’s. Thus, Lyorin had to go before her, but they promised to meet up once there reached the party.

Kai stepped out of the car with a sleek black jacket and his hair slightly in a mess. He was undeniably dashing and good looking and Lyorin could not help but stare at him intently. She gulped nervously as she watched him slowly walking towards her. Kai tried his best to remain poker face but deep inside his heart was racing. He had never once doubted how beautiful Lyorin was, but that night, she took his breath away. The way she walked in those heels and the stylish dress she was wearing, Kai wanted to avoid looking at her as he was afraid he might just fall even deeper for her.

Lyorin noticed Kai was alone. “Where is Sehun?” She asked him.

“Hmm Sehun..hmm, he had something on and will join us there at the party itself.” Kai stuttered. “Let’s go.” He opened the door for her and let her in.

“Thanks.” Lyorin whispered. She was extra nervous being in the car with just, Kai.

The car finally left Yoona’s place and was on the way towards the party. It was awkwardly quiet throughout the ride as Kai fixed his sight on the road. In actual fact, he was secretly stealing glances at Lyorin when she was not looking. Ten minutes passed and Lyorin decided to break the silence.

“Hmm Kai, don’t you have a date?” Lyorin asked gently.

Kai shook his head and answered, “No. I don’t have any.”

Lyorin refused to accept his answer. Maybe, he was just being modest or shy. She believed a lot of girls in school would trade their life just to be Kai’s date. He was the ultimate boy crush for many girls, together with Sehun. Every day, there were notes pasted on their lockers with girls’ numbers and confessions.

“Oh. Then, shouldn’t you find one? I mean, you don’t have to drive me there you see. I can go on my own.“ Lyorin wanted to tell him that it was okay for her to find her own means of transport. She didn’t want to impose on him. She was afraid that she might have been the cause of why he didn’t have a date. However, Kai interrupted her suddenly.

“It’s okay. I would not let anyone see you come to the party with me.”

“Huh? Why would you say that?” Lyorin asked.

“Why? Aren’t you embarrassed that people will see us together and they will assume we are together as a couple? You wouldn’t want that to happen right? Then, I won’t let them think that way. I’m sorry I can’t let you go on your own with your date because I’m just doing what the hyungs requested me to do. I’m just your chauffeur –“

“Kai! I wasn’t thinking in that manner.” Lyorin stopped him. She shook her head at the misunderstanding. “Kai, I didn’t mean it that way. You’re not my chauffeur okay? I was hoping….oh never mind. It’s just, I thought you might have a date –“

“Like I’ve said, I don’t. I will drop you off and you can go on with your date while I park the car.” Kai said in a rather pissed tone. Immediately, he switched on the radio and let the music occupied the car instead of their bickering.

Lyorin slumped backwards in her seat and sighed. Kai had misunderstood her question. Honestly, she didn’t intend to hurt him in any way but judging from his tone and expression, Kai seemed upset. “I don’t have a date like you, Kai. I’m hoping you would –“ She said softly without finishing her thought . She looked at the scene outside and remained silent throughout the rest of the journey.

Kai stole a glance and looked at Lyorin who was deep in her own thoughts. He felt bad for accessing the situation negatively. He didn’t even give her the chance to explain. He jumped straight in to conclusion. Now, he regretted his actions. Worst, he could not ask her the only thing that had bugged him the entire time anymore, knowing how awkward they had become.

 

------------

Yoona paced back and forth around the living room. Her heartbeat was beating so fast and her stomach felt like all the butterflies in the world were inside. Suddenly, the door bell rang. After taking a long deep breath, she made her way towards the front door and slowly opened it. There stood the most handsome guy she had ever seen. He was wearing a black suit over a white shirt, plus a thin black tie. His hair was neatly styled and then she stared at his white sneakers.

Luhan noticed Yoona was staring at his feet. So, he explained, “I’m sorry. That’s the only nice pair of shoes I have that matches well.”

“Don’t apologise. It suits perfectly. I love it.” Yoona beamed with a smile.

Then, it was Luhan’s turn to look at Yoona. Even without the dress, Yoona was already a beautiful girl to begin with. “Yoona, you’re beautiful.” His fingers then reached out for the strand of hair that went out of place and tenderly he placed it behind her ear. Yoona was speechless by the sudden contact and tried to control her breathing. “There, all nice and done. Let’s go.” He stretched out his hand, hoping Yoona understood his gesture. Thankfully, she did and held his hand tightly. Luhan felt her smooth palm around his, making his heart stopped beating for a moment.

---

Upon reaching the party, Lyorin made her way towards her classmates and started chatting. She wanted to wait for Kai and went inside together, but Kai was still putting on a sulky face and insisted that she went in first without him. Eventually, she went ahead. The dance floor was packed with girls and guys showing off their moves. Lyorin was not a bad dancer herself. She was taught by Yoona a couple of dance moves before. She looked around, searching for Sehun but he was not there. A few guys went up to her and asked for a dance with them but she nicely rejected them and went to get herself a drink.

Lyorin sipped on her drink when suddenly a group of guys stood in front of her. Hyunsik and his fellow BTOB members were there, including their leader, Eunkwang.

“Hi Lyorin, you’re alone?” Minhyuk asked.

“Hi! I’m waiting for Yoona.” Lyorin replied. It was weird of him to talk to her after a long time.

Hearing Yoona’s name, Minhyuk turned bright out of a sudden. “Yoona is coming? Great! I get to see her.”

“Hmm Minhyuk, she’s –“ Lyorin was about to speak when Peniel suddenly shouted.

“Hyung! Isn’t that Yoona? She’s with a guy and that guy is –“

“Luhan.” Eunkwang continued for him. Minhyuk turned his head and saw Yoona coming in while holding hands with Luhan. His heart sank seeing how happy she was together with him.

“Sorry but she’s taken.” Lyorin snapped Minhyuk out of his thought. She was about to catch up with Yoona but someone grabbed her arm.

“But you’re not. Shall we dance?” Hyunsik winked at her. Lyorin playfully pushed him away but Hyunsik never let go of her. “Come on.” He pleaded once more.

Lyorin finally agreed and both of them went to the dance floor. Lyorin waved at Yoona who in returned was excited seeing her with Hyunsik. Lyorin tried to dance but she was awkward. Hyunsik, on the other hand was a gifted dancer. He started swaying and did a couple of body waves. The girls surrounding them began to fix their eyes on him. Lyorin could only move around timidly. It wasn’t because she was shy. She wanted to dance but with him.

Hyunsik sensed that Lyorin was uncomfortable so he decided to hold her hands and requested for her to do small, simple steps. She followed along slowly. Hyunsik noticed something was not quite right with Lyorin. Her body was dancing but her eyes were not focussing on him. She seemed to be searching around for; someone.

 

Kai waited for Sehun by the car. He didn’t want to go in alone. He wasn’t someone who had many friends. If he had entered first, he would probably be at the corner all by himself. However, the thought of Lyorin being inside with the rest of the school guys was making him impatient. Finally, Sehun appeared running.

“Sehun, why are you so late? I almost wanted to teleport and drag you here!” Kai scolded the maknae.

Sehun gave an apologetic look. “Sorry hyung, I had a hard time deciding which neck tie to wear. Anyways, aren't you supposed to be with Lyorin? Isn't that the reason why you asked me to go here by myself so you could – “

"Stop asking. I'm going in now." Kai stopped him. Sehun scratched his head in confused.

 

Stepping into the party, both Sehun and Kai instantly received stares from the girls while glares from the guys. Girls started to flock around them, but Kai just gave his usual uninterested look and walked straight towards the drink counters. Sehun, on the other hand, was having a hard time getting away from the girls. He was the total opposite of Kai. Even though he didn't like the attention given, he was still nice enough to talk to the girls politely. Kai grabbed a glass of coke and drank it. However, his eyes went straight to the dance floor where he witnessed something that made him angry and jealous.

Lyorin tried as her might to groove to the music; however her eyes were busy scanning the crowd to find for someone. That was when she managed to locate him by the drink counters. Lyorin stared at him who seemed to be alone. Without realising, she had already stopped moving and was stretching her neck to see him. Hyunsik noticed Lyorin’s actions, immediately he turned and focussed to where she was looking at. Instantly he turned solemn and felt like the world had stopped suddenly. He looked at the person and then back to Lyorin’s face and eyes. At the moment, he wished he never possessed any powers because with his abilities, he was able to access someone’s feelings just by looking at her eyes and he realised that Lyorin had feelings for him, even if a little.

Lyorin wanted to go to him, so he excused herself. “Hey I’m going to get myself a drink.” She shouted at Hyunsik over the loud music. He heard her and gave a nod.

Lyorin squeezed her way past the crowd towards the drink counters. Finally, she managed to make her way out but then he was gone. Where he went, she wondered. She looked around but no signs of him. She sighed and slumped in despair. She requested for a drink and rested by the counter, while looking at the dance floor. That was when she saw him but this time he wasn’t alone; he was dancing with another girl. 

 

To be continued...


LUHAN'S OUTFIT

 

YOONA'S OUTFIT 

 

 

LYORIN'S OUTFIT (minus the face)

 

KAI's Outfit