Another Surprise

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

“Who are you talking about?!” Aunt shouted. The guys went in and searched the mansion. “Yongguk, what do you want?!”

“I want Lyorin!” Yongguk grabbed her by the neck and pinned her against the wall. “WHERE IS SHE?!”

“Y-yongguk, y-you-‘re d-runk.” Aunt Marie gasped for air.

BAP guys came from their usual round of party and heavy drinking session. Unusually that night, Yongguk had too many drinks. He was always the sober one in his group but that night, he was just as drunk as the rest of s. He was unable to walk properly and his vision was blurred. He was incoherent and uncontrollable. Despite all that, he was adamant to see Lyorin because he knew that day was her birthday. Basically his life had turned worst after seeing her with Hyunsik that previous night. He became short tempered, rude and vulgar.

He released the grip and pulled her by the hair. Aunt screamed in pain but Yongguk ignored her cries. “! WHERE IS SHE?!”

Aunt kept quiet and refused to surrender. She was prepared for this. She was willing to sacrifice even her life for Lyorin. Yongguk threatened further but even if she knew he could kill her at the moment, she wasn’t going to spill it. She wasn’t afraid to die.

Yongguk shook his head vigorously trying to correct the image he was seeing. He was seeing double of everything as a result of his drunken state of mind. Nevertheless, he wasn’t going to leave the place empty handed. He came for Lyorin and nothing else mattered. Yongguk forcefully pushed Aunt towards the staircase causing her to stumble and hit her head. Blood dripped from her forehead as Aunt struggled to get up. He walked towards her and dragged her by the hair towards the living room. Aunt was screaming, crying and all she could feel is pain but she didn’t even try begging him to stop. Yongguk then slammed her head on the table and stared at her eyes that were full of tears.

“I’m giving you one last chance. Where is she?” He asked in menacing tone.  

Once again, Aunt remained silent. Yongguk was becoming impatient. He let out a furious growl and kicked her in the stomach. Aunt vomited blood after receiving the hard kicks from him. Yongguk vented his anger further and continued to kick her until she finally passed out.

“Hyung, stop. You’re going to kill her.” Zelo pleaded. If it wasn’t for him, Yongguk would have continued kicking her and it would have been more disastrous. “I’ve already checked the entire house. She’s not in. I’ve tracked her whereabouts, she’s with EXO.” Zelo explained.

Yongguk finally came to his senses. He looked at Aunt’s face for the last time and then ordered the boys to leave the house right away. “Hyung, what are we going to do with her?” Zelo pointed towards the badly bruised Aunt Marie.

“They have a healer in the house. She’ll be fine. Let’s go!” Yongguk yelled to the rest of the members.

“Aish, I thought we’re going to have some fun but they’re not here.” Himchan complained making his way towards the exit.

Yongguk walked out of the house and knew that he was in deep .

 

*****

 

The three cars stopped just in front of the mansion. Lyorin was already asleep, leaning beside Sehun who happened to be sleeping as well. Chanyeol, who was beside her, didn’t want to wake her up so he piggy-backed her from the car back to the house. The guys were tired and sleepy as well. Xiumin was the first one to reach the door. He was about to insert the key when he realised the door was unlocked. He opened it slowly and that was when he saw everything.

“!” He cursed while the rest of EXO quickly barged in to the house that was in a mess. Their bodies and minds totally perked up and immediately they sprang into action, calling out for Aunt. Chanyeol was the last one to enter and he held on to sleeping Lyorin even tighter.

Kai found Aunt lying unconsciously with bloodied and bruised face. “AUNT! Wake up!” He shook her shoulders and tried to revive her. “LAY HYUNG!” He shouted for Lay who instantly knelt beside Aunt’s almost lifeless body.

Lyorin opened her eyes slowly because the loud commotion which had wakened her up. EXO guys wanted to let her continue her sleep and settle this on their own. They knew ahe had enough for the day and she was physically drained. When she finally opened her eyes fully and saw Aunt lying on the floor, being treated by Lay, she struggled down Chanyeol’s back and ran towards her. “OH MY GOD! AUNT! AUNT!” She cried her name and held onto Aunt’s hand tightly. Meanwhile, some of the boys went to check around the house. Lay was doing his healing and Lyorin was already in tears. Luhan her back gently, comforting and telling her that Aunt would be fine.

Finally, Aunt weakly opened her eyes. She tried to move her head but instantly flinched in pain.

“Aunt, are you okay? Who did this to you?” Lyorin cried as she Aunt’s cheeks.

Aunt Marie struggled to speak,”L-Lyorin, you’re b-back. I’m g-glad you’re o-okay.” She flashed a painful smile. Lyorin could only let her tears flow uncontrollable as she watched her Aunt’s suffering. “Y-yong-guk.” She managed to speak before slipping back into unconsciousness.

After hearing that name, Lyorin instantly went numb as she stared blankly at space, unable to move an inch. “It can’t be.” She mumbled softly with her mind full of questions.

The guys, on the other hand, had their attention mostly on Aunt who seemed to have not fully recovered. Kai lifted her off the floor effortlessly and brought her to the bed. Lay was still doing his magic, trying to heal as many injuries that he could. Everyone moved to Aunt’s room while Lyorin stayed put on the floor, still dazed by the whole situation.

Luhan gently shook her shoulders, “Lyorin, are you alright?” She didn’t answer. She continued to remain still and look down. Without waiting for her reply, Luhan pulled her for a hug. “Hey, she’s going to be fine. Everything is going to be fine.” He smoothed her hair and whispered tenderly.

Lyorin got her senses back. She quickly got up and was about to see Aunt but Luhan stopped her. “Oppa, I want to see her.” She pleaded.

“She’s resting. Lay is doing his best to heal her. Lyorin ah, get some rest. You’re tired.” Luhan said.

“No, I want to see her.” She pushed him away and walked to where Aunt was.

In the room, Kai had already prepared a small bucket of warm water and a towel. He was lightly dapping Aunt’s forehead, cleaning the blood on her face. Lay was on the other side, holding her wrist as he tried to conjure his powers. Lyorin stood beside him and watched silently. Some of the guys gathered in the room while some waited outside. Kris and Suho were discussing in a corner of the room. Lyorin could hear them talk about BAP, Yongguk and Mr. Lee but she wasn’t interested to know. All she wanted is for Aunt to wake up.

Lyorin sat on the bed after standing for quite a while. She offered to help but Kai gently assured that he was fine doing it. Lay looked exhausted but his eyes never once lost its focussed. Lyorin nudged his arm, “Oppa, you have to heal her. You have to, please.” She begged softly.

Lay stopped whatever he was doing and cupped her face. “I will. I promise.” He answered and flashed a smile despite the exhaustion. Lay stood up and stretched. “I’m going to get myself a drink. I’ll check on her every 2 hours. Lyorin, I want you to get some rest. She will be fine. I’ve already healed her physical injuries. She just needs time to slowly recover. You don’t have to worry.” He said before leaving the room.

“I’m fine.” Lyorin replied. She took Aunt’s hand in hers and kissed it. She rubbed it against her cheeks and remained beside her.

It was already nearly 3 in the morning. Everyone was tired including Lyorin who had been constantly yawning. Suho watched and couldn’t bear to see it any longer. He gestured for Tao to bring her back to her room so she could get a proper rest.

“Lyorin, come on.” Tao pulled her up but Lyorin shook her head stubbornly and refused to move. Tao was not giving up either. After several nudges, she finally realised she needed her sleep. She was both mentally and physically tired. She kissed Aunt’s hand for the last time and stood up. Tao smiled knowing that he had succeeded.

Lyorin stood up and instantly felt her body energy dropped to its lowest. Kai, who happened to be watching her all the while, noticed she was about to collapse.  Quickly he called for Tao, “Tao hyung!”

His sense was right and at that very moment, Lyorin shut her eyes and let her body dropped but Tao caught her before she could reach the floor. “Whoa.” He was surprised but thankfully he caught her.

The rest of the guys got panicked however they settled down when they realised she was just too tired. “Tao, bring Lyorin to her room.” Suho ordered.

Tao understood even without Suho telling him what to do. Swiftly, he lifted Lyorin in his arms and walked up the stairs to her room. Lyorin snuggled like a baby causing Tao to chuckle at her adorable act. Kai followed closely behind. As usual, Kai was worried.

Tao placed Lyorin carefully on her bed. Kai grabbed the blanket and covered her. Unconsciously, Lyorin snuggled in comfortably.

“You’ll look after her, right?” Tao asked, tapping Kai’s shoulder. Kai nodded and moved a chair beside her bed. “Okay. If you have anything, just call for us.” After reminding him, Tao left Kai with Lyorin.

Kai sat on the chair and watched her sleep. That day had been such an eventful day. He felt sorry that she had to end her birthday on a low note. Everything was just perfect until Yongguk and his BAP members had to ruin it for her. He vowed to get his revenge on them; for Aunt Marie and Lyorin. He looked at the time and it was already 4 in the morning. His eyelids turned heavy and he had been constantly yawning, but he didn’t want to fall asleep. Just when he was rubbing his eyes, a knock was heard and Lay came in.

Kai stood up but Lay pushed him to sit, “It’s okay. I’m just going to check on her.”

Kai sat back and asked him, “How’s Aunt?”

“She’s fine.” Lay held on to Lyorin’s wrist and checked her pulse. Then, he touched her forehead for any sign of fever. Kai watched him silently. Out of all the EXO members, Kai was thankful for Lay’s powers. Even though his powers may not be suitable for combat, he could not attack neither could he defend himself, but his powers were the most useful. “By the way, Mr Lee is coming later.” Lay said. He stood up after finishing his checks.

Kai saw how tired Lay was. “Hyung, get some rest.” He reminded.

“Yea I will. You too, get some sleep. Lyorin is fine. She’s sleeping now. You don’t have to worry.” Lay said, patting Kai’s shoulders. He gave him a tired smile before leaving the room.

 

To be continued...

 

 


YONGGUK, COME HERE SO THAT I CAN GIVE YOU A TIGHT SLAP! Dude, I was counting on you.......tsk..........

 

Anyway, I cannot wait for.............. kekekeke!

 

Thank you for staying with me till the end(almost, maybe, i'm not sure either). Is it getting draggy? I'm sorry. I hope it will get better soon in the next story, i mean chapter....oh well.... kekekekeke bye!