Awake

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

I am standing alone, in the middle of nowhere. All I could I see is a never ending stretch of green land. Why am I here? Where is this place? Where is Aunt Marie? Where are the EXO boys? A gush of wind sweeps across, and I shiver in cold. I’m in short sleeves and short. I feel so bare and lonely in this barren land. “Hello.” I call out. Why did I even bother calling out when there is obviously no one? How stupid! I start walking straight. I walk and walk until I accidentally step on something sharp and stinging. WHAT?! A scorpion is crawling up my leg. I scream hysterically as I shake my legs uncontrollably. Suddenly I feel a sharp piercing pain and know right away that I got stung. The scorpion scurries away, leaving me with a swollen foot. The venom instantly takes effect. I start to get dizzy and numbness spread throughout my body. I drop to the ground. I try to bear the pain but it hurts. It hurts so much. Once again, I plunge into darkness. However, when I am about to embrace the darkness, someone touches my feet. Miraculously, the pain is gone in a flash. I open my eyes slowly and I see the backs of a lady and a man. I call out for them but they continue walking without turning. I want to run but I can’t. “Who are you?”  I ask before finally waking up to a familiar place.

You opened your eyes and tried to put your mind back in place. You slightly turned your head and saw Kai’s worried face. “Lyorin. Lyorin. I’m Kai. Do you remember who I am?” He asked nervously. You were confused. Of course you knew who he is. You turned to the other side and saw Luhan with the same expression.

“Errrm… Excuse me Kai, why are you so close to me?” You asked awkwardly since his face was just inches away from yours. Feeling embarrassed, he moved back a bit but his expression brightened instantly just by hearing your voice.

Luhan pulled you up to a tight hug and cried, “Lyorin ah! You’re awake! You’re finally awake!” Kai went to call the rest of EXO. They barged in straight away after receiving the good news.

“Luhan oppa, can I have a drink?” Your throat was parched. Swiftly, Suho gave you a glass of water. “Oh, the water bearer. Thanks.” You teasingly called him with the new title. The boys glimmered happily watching you gulped the drink. You looked around and still puzzled at their reaction. “Hmm..mind telling me what happened?” You asked innocently after finishing the glass of water.

“Lyorin, how are you feeling? You don’t remember anything? BAP?” Kris sat by the bed and cupped your face. At the mention of BAP, the memories poured in and you instantly remembered. You shuddered and closed your eyes but Kris hugged you while whispering, "Shhh. It's okay Lyorin. Everything is fine now."

Sehun hopped onto the bed and took your hand, "I'm so glad you're fine." Soon enough, all the boys started asking about you.

“I miss you.” Tao expressed adorably while giving you his signature aegyo. You gave him a side eye look but cracked a smile knowing that they were truly concern for you. The boys displayed their affections, giving you hugs and examining you from head to toe, to make sure you were really alright. Everyone except Kai, who stood nervously at the back of the group. You were still unsure why he had been acting reclusive towards you ever since the first day. You were intrigue to know more about him, if only he would give you the chance.

"Are you hungry? Do you want anything to eat?" D.O asked, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Hmm.. I need to use the bathroom first." You excused yourself and went to the bathroom to clean up. Even though it was in middle of the night, you decided to shower because you felt dirty after not showering and relieving yourself for one full day. You took your own sweet time getting clean and fresh.  Once done, you stepped out of the bathroom and saw D.O already prepared a bowl of porridge. "Porridge? I'll pass." You hated porridge.

"Lyorin, you have to eat. You need to gain back the energy. Don’t be stubborn please?" Chanyeol said as he spooned the porridge and fed you. You pouted but ate the porridge despite its horrible taste. You took the porridge and fed yourself while settling on the bed. "Okay, where is Aunt Marie? What happened? What day is it today? How long was I out?" Strings of questions came out of you as the boys all gathered around and sat comfortably in your room.

"Aunt is working. She'll be back tomorrow morning. Today is Friday which means you were out the whole of yesterday." Sehun answered. You abruptly stopped eating and waited for more details. Kris and Suho took glances at each other before explaining. They very well knew what you wanted to know.

"Lyorin, I know you have loads of question in mind which needs answers. Well, I'm not even sure where to start with this but I'll try. You have wanted to know about us, about yourself and especially about your parents, am I right? The last fight that you encountered was one of the many clashes that occurred before and might occur in the future. There are reasons why we are special, why you are special. BAP, the blonde group of guys you met, they are just like us. Brothers of the same kind, same family and we shared a fraternity together but everything changed after an incident that happened years ago. Yes Lyorin, people like us have existed decades before but no one knew, and no one will ever know. It all started when...."

 

To be continued...