2 is better than 1

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

“Eunkwang hyung!! Changseob hyung is bothering me again with his aegyo!!” Sungjae, the youngest member, yelled frustratingly as he sought his leader’s help.

“Aww Sungjae, don’t be mad. BBUING BBUING!” Changseob further irritated the maknae. Laughter echoed the living room where the BTOB boys were lazing around. It was just past noon and the boys were relaxing themselves while enjoying the nice summer heat. Eunkwang threw a pillow at Changseob, jokingly warned him to stop his cute, childish acts despite being the third oldest member. When everyone was busy doing their own activities, the front door slammed open out of a sudden. The BTOB boys were greeted with a rare scene.

“Eunkwang hyung, is Mr Hong around? Is he around? Where is he? Is he upstairs in his room?” Hyunsik gushed out impatiently. Eunkwang and the rest of the BTOB boys stood up immediately and had shocked expressions. Hyunsik barged in BTOB’s mansion together with 5 EXO boys and Lyorin in Suho’s arms.

Minhyuk came forward, with wide eyes, as he looked at the unconscious Lyorin. He knew her. In fact, all of BTOB had seen her before.  “Oh my God, I didn’t expect it to be this bad.” Hyunsik was already running frantically around the mansion, calling for their head clan, Mr Hong.  “Come Suho, take her upstairs to the room.” Minhyuk guided the way. Suho followed him, holding Lyorin tightly. He placed her gently on the bed. Both BTOB and the few members of EXO crowded around, helplessly watching. Conversations between them were short as both groups were wary of each other’s presence. 

Hyunsik, finally got Mr Hong who came in to the room to examine Lyorin’s condition. “Hello EXO.” Mr Hong greeted as he quickly placed down his medical equipment. The EXO boys bowed 90 degree when they saw him. “Please make yourself comfortable. I will try my best to get her back in shape.” He started to examine her, while the boys watched him.

Mr Hong’s profession was a doctor. However, he was not just a doctor; he’s the head master for the BTOB clan. If EXO had Mr Lee, then BTOB had Mr Hong as someone they looked up to. EXO boys knew of Mr Hong, and respected him just like their own master. To be able to meet Mr Hong in real life was an eventful encounter since it was difficult to see him without any valid reason. Even EXO rarely met up with their master and would only communicate through phone calls, a similar case for BTOB. That’s how it supposed to be. It was pure luck that Mr Hong was visiting BTOB at that time.

After injecting Lyorin with an unknown medicine, Mr Hong got up and packed his medical equipment. Lyorin had calm down and seemed to be asleep. “Thankfully you brought her early, if not the poison would have spread. I’ve already given her the antidote. She’s going to be fine. Don’t worry. You can bring her back already.” Mr Hong assured.

Kris walked up to him and bowed. The rest of EXO joined. “Thank you Mr Hong. We’re indebted to you.”

“Please stand up and don’t ever say that you're indebted. EXO, we are on the same side. We only have each other now. I should be grateful that you trusted us and brought Lyorin here." Kris understood what he meant. Why were they suspicious towards one another when they’re supposed to be a whole clan together? A whole clan in which BAP could have been inside if not for the mistake that happened years ago.

EXO stayed for awhile before deciding to head back. Mr Hong reminded EXO that they were not alone and BTOB would be there for them. EXO got more comfortable than when they first came since they realised what Mr Hong had said is true.

They were on the same side.

Lyorin was taken from the room and was settled in the backseat. Hyunsik walked over to Kai, who was standing by the car, "Kai can I talk to you for a second? I know that you're unhappy with me over what happened to Lyorin. It’s my fault. I should have known better. I'm really sorry." Kai remained quiet but was listening. "Do me a favour, will you? Please don't tell her about me. Don't tell her I came to see her. I promise I will stay away from now on. Just please don't tell her." Kai didn't speak; instead he patted his back and gave a nod.

Kai joined the rest of s in the car. As the car was about to drive off, "Hyunsik, thank you." Kai finally spoke up. He was not a person who would bear grudges against someone for a long time, especially towards someone who had helped them.

Upon reaching the EXO’s mansion, Lyorin was tucked in bed comfortably. She needed the well deserved rest before anything else. Kai took a chair and sat by the bed, watching her. Hearing her soft breathing sounds was enough to keep him awake despite not having any sleep for the past 20 hours. He wasn’t feeling hungry as well even though he skipped, last night dinner and then that morning breakfast and lunch.

Luhan hated seeing Kai’s lack of interest in looking after himself. He was worried for him. He prepared a simple sandwich and brought it upstairs for him. “Kai, stop staring at her and eat this. You look terrible.” He passed him the plate of sandwich but was pushed away.

“I’m not hungry.” Kai responded flatly.

“Kai, listen to me. You need to eat this and get some rest. It won’t do you any good if you get sick. Do you want her to see you in this condition? Come on. Your health is imp0rtant. I don’t want you getting all ill like how you were previously.” Luhan looked at his younger brother with tender eyes. Kai looked shagged and worn out. If he continued staying here without resting, he would probably collapse soon. 

“Okay, I get it.” Kai eventually complied. He stood up, stretched his back and took the plate from Luhan. “Thank you.” Luhan flashed a smile, appreciating the fact that Kai listened to him.

However, when Kai was about to leave the room, he heard a soft cry. “Wh-who are you?” He swiftly turned around and saw Lyorin tossing and turning and then her eyes opened. Kai and Luhan hurriedly went over to her side. “Lyorin. Lyorin. I’m Kai. Do you remember who I am?” Kai’s stomach flinched in fear thinking of the possibility that Lyorin might have lost her memory.

 

 

To be continued..

 

 

 


 

.