Secrets' Out

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

Barely 2 hours of sleep, Lyorin and Yoona were already awake for breakfast. Both of them were basically up the whole night, chit chatting and pouring their problems to each other. Yoona poured a glass of milk and handed it to Lyorin, who gulped it down at once. She was definitely hungry since she didn’t eat dinner last night.

Upon seeing her friend drinking the milk at a go, Yoona asked, “What do you want for breakfast?” Lyorin straightway declined the offer. Even though she was hungry, she didn’t like to trouble Yoona. “Come on, you must be hungry. I’ll cook scrambled eggs for you then.”

“Thanks! I’ll help.” Lyorin answered, making her way towards the refrigerator to grab some eggs.

Cooking was done in less than an hour, and both of them were already at the dining table enjoying their breakfast. While Lyorin was spreading butter on to her bread, Yoona noticed her watch. “Nice watch you have there.” Yoona pointed towards the object.

Lyorin looked at the watch, and then took it out. “Well, this was given by EXO.” She handed the watch to Yoona, who quickly looked at the device in awe.

“Wow, nice. What’s this – “

“Yoona! Don’t press!” Yoona pressed the side button of the watch before Lyorin could stop her. Lyorin put down her spreading knife and stared at Yoona with wide eyes. Yoona remained clueless.

 

***********************

 

“Kai, come and have breakfast first before searching for Lyorin.” D.O called out the second youngest, as he stood in front of Kai’s room. Kai had been awake the whole night, worrying about Lyorin. He skipped dinner. He was angry at the decision made by the leaders, for not allowing him to find Lyorin last night. Now, she was out of his sight for more than 8 hours and it worried him to no end. “Come on, Kai.” D.O persuaded once more.

The EXO guys gathered at the dining table for breakfast. Aunt Marie was not back from work, so D.O and Chen prepared the breakfast. Kai walked down the staircase with a brooding look. He then settled in between Luhan and Chanyeol at the table. Just when everyone was about to start eating, an alarm went off. With panicked expressions, the boys looked at each other. “! Lyorin is in trouble!” Sehun yelled.

Without wasting any time, Kai held on to both Luhan and Chanyeol’s arms and brought them to the location that triggered the alarm. Kris could not stop him. He wanted to warn him not to use his powers indiscreetly, since the location showed a public place; a house. Kai could risk exposing them with his teleportation. Furthermore, Kai was a rash person and might actually pose more danger. Kris huffed in annoyance but quickly regained his position and ordered some of the boys to stay behind. Kris, Suho and Tao hopped into the car and sped towards the location.

 

************************

 

Lyorin hastily snatched the watch from Yoona. “Shucks! Tell me you didn’t press the button.” Lyorin asked in panicked. She was already standing from her seat, flailing her arms.

“What?! Yes I pressed it. Lyorin, why?” Yoona asked, confused by her friend’s sudden outburst.

Lyorin paced back and forth. “Oh my God. Yoona, this is a tracking device!” She spoke out. She was afraid of what is to come. She had never pressed the button before. The thought of expecting something she didn’t wish to expect is making her all stressful. She was breaking in cold sweats hoping EXO boys would not just barged in to Yoona’s house.

“Tracking device? Kim Lyorin, why do you have a tracking device with you?!” Yoona asked, shocked at the confession.

With a guilty look, Lyorin apologised, “Yoona, I’m sorry. I want – “

Before she could finish her sentence, a loud deafening scream blasted the house. Lyorin watched as her best friend’s eyes widened; both in fear and utter shock. Yoona was screaming her lungs out as she witnessed an out of the world scene just happened right in front of her eyes. Kai, Chanyeol and Luhan appeared out of nowhere in her living room. Lyorin knew what she saw and could only helplessly watch her best friend collapsed to the floor.

“YOONA!” Lyorin cried out and ran towards her friend who was sprawling on the floor with her eyes shut. She lightly tapped her cheeks, “Yoona, wake up!” Yoona’s pale face was only making Lyorin even more scared.

At the living room, Chanyeol shoved Kai away, “Kai, what the hell?! Can you at least give us a warning before teleporting us? I was about to place my croissant into the mouth. What if I choke halfway?! Don’t you ever – “

Chanyeol’s nagging was cut when Luhan yelled at him, “Chanyeol, shut up!” and then swiftly making his way towards Lyorin. Luhan crouched beside Lyorin, as he watched her trying to revive her friend. “Lyorin, are you okay? Who’s this?”

Lyorin turned her head and faced him. “Oppa, do something!” She begged. Seeing the panicked face on her, Luhan looked at the beautiful girl that was lying on the floor. Without asking further question, he picked her up from the floor and walked towards the living room. Lyorin followed from the back with a glass of water, and finally noticing Chanyeol and Kai. Luhan placed Yoona on the sofa, and watched her peaceful face. “Oppa, please do something. She’s my friend and I’m at her house.” Lyorin explained.

“Give me the glass of water.” Luhan requested for the water, and lightly sprinkled it on to Yoona’s face.

After handing over the glass, Lyorin stormed towards Kai, who seemed to be apologetic. “YOU! WHY DID YOU TELEPORT HERE?!” Lyorin yelled and was hitting Kai’s chest continuously. Kai stood firm with his head hung low. He let Lyorin hit him as much as she wanted. He was guilty for his rash actions. “If my friend is hurt in anyway, I will never forgive you! Do you understand –“

Without letting her go on, Kai grabbed Lyorin’s arm and pulled her towards him, hugging her as tightly as possible. Lyorin was struggling to get off him but Kai hugged even tighter, not letting her go. He closed his eyes and inhaled her sweet scent. “Please keep still.” He whispered. Lyorin calmed down after hearing his words. He was speaking so tenderly for the first time. “Please don’t ever leave again.” Kai continued, still hugging her so close to his chest. Lyorin gulped nervously at the physical contact. She was so close to him that his heart beat was audible to her ears.

At the sofa, Yoona slowly opened her eyes. She was greeted by a really handsome looking guy, with a worried face. “Hey, are you alright?” Luhan asked as he helped her up to a sitting position.

Realising that her friend had finally regained consciousness, Lyorin pushed herself away from Kai and walked towards her. “Yoong, are you okay? How are you feeling?” Yoona rubbed the back of her neck and then stared at the three new visitors in her house. Suddenly, the door bell rang.

“I’ll get that!” Chanyeol skipped his way towards the main door and unlocked it. Kris, Suho and Tao walked in. Once again, Yoona was amazed by the handsome guys that just entered her house.

“Yoong! Answer me, are you okay?” Lyorin asked for the second time, after not receiving any response from Yoona.

Yoona finally gave a nod. Swiftly, Luhan reached out his hand for a shake and spoke, “Hi I’m Luhan. Are you okay?” He smiled sweetly at Yoona causing her heart to flutter. She gave him a nod as well, as she was too shy to speak to him. “Good. I’m sorry for the rude entrance to your house. We were just looking for Lyorin.”

Suho and Kris darted forward. “Hi I’m Suho and this is Kris. We are truly sorry for barging into the house.” Suho introduced and then looked at Lyorin, “Lyorin are you okay?”

“I’m perfectly fine.” Lyorin answered. She stood up and walked towards Suho. “Oppa, I think you might need to tell Yoona everything because she witnessed it all. Please take it slow because I don’t want her to faint again.” She whispered at his ears. Suho understood and cupped her face lovingly. “I understand. I’m glad you’re okay.” He smiled. “Oppa will explain to her slowly. So, don’t worry.”

Kris pulled Lyorin towards him and asked, “Why did you press the tracking device?” He was giving her the usual serious look.

“It wasn’t me. Yoona accidentally pressed it.” Lyorin answered innocently. Tao playfully pinched her cheeks. Lyorin stuck out her tongue at him.

He missed her. They missed her. And she missed them too, even when it was only for a night.

Meanwhile, Suho walked towards Yoona and sat beside her. “Hi Yoona, are you sure you’re alright? If you’re not, we can bring you to the doctor.”

“It’s okay. I’m fine, thank you.” Yoona smiled sheepishly. Suho was gentle; just like how Lyorin described him.

“Yoona, I know there are many questions in your head right now. You must be wondering how all these happened. Whatever that you had seen is not your imagination; it’s real. Yes, they just teleported.” Yoona’s eyes widened. “You heard me right; teleport. I and my group of friends have inherited unique abilities that are not ordinary. We are task to take care of Lyorin from any imminent danger.”

“D-danger?” Yoona stuttered nervously and looked at Lyorin, who looked away instantly. She didn’t want Yoona to know. She didn’t want her to worry.

Suho looked down dismally. “Yes, any kind of danger that might come in her way. With powers we possess, there are greater responsibilities to shoulder. Yoona, I hope you understand as to why we don’t let her hang out as often as before.”

Yoona nodded, understood at his words. “I understand now. Don’t worry, I promise not to tell anyone your family secret.”

“Thank you. I’m really sorry for the surprise intrusion. We hope to get to know each other a lot better. Friends?” Suho offered his hand for a handshake. Yoona slowly accepted the request and smiled. “If it’s okay with you, can we take Lyorin back?” Suho asked politely.

“Of course.” Yoona answered straight.

Lyorin walked towards her, “Yoona, why did you?! Urgh!” She wanted to stay a little longer with her and didn’t want to go back to EXO. She pouted angrily.

Yoona pinched Lyorin’s nose and said, “Don’t be stubborn and listen to them okay? Lyorin ah, why didn’t you tell me you were in some kind of danger?” She looked at her worriedly and gently her hair. She turned and faced EXO, “I don’t know what kind of danger there is, but I’m putting all my trust on you guys to take care of her. If anything bad happens to her, I’m going to –“ Yoona abruptly stopped to think on how to threaten them but knowing that these guys possessed powers, it was impossible to think of anything. “Oh well, just don’t let her get hurt okay?” She said, almost pleading.

Luhan walked to Yoona. “I’ll never ever let her get hurt in any way. Promise.” Yoona gulped nervously watching the young-looking guy. Her heart raced as she stared at his captivating face.

Lyorin poked Yoona and whispered, “Jeez Yoong, stop staring.”

“Okay, I guess we shall make a move. Lyorin, get in the car now.” Kris ordered. With a sulky face, Lyorin walked out of the house after saying her farewell to Yoona. Tao placed his hands on to her shoulder and led her towards the car. The morning eventually came to an end, with Lyorin heading back home.

 

To be continued...