A friend's help

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

Lyorin stared aimlessly at the cup of hot chocolate in front of her. She was sitting alone at the usual coffee house on a cold rainy Saturday afternoon. Actually, she was waiting for Hyunsik. She needed his help. While staring down, she saw a shadow and knew he had arrived. She looked up and smiled.

"Hello." She greeted.

"Hi, Lyorin. Sorry I'm a little late. What's up?" Hyunsik apologised and pulled the chair opposite. He looked around for the waiter and ordered for himself a cup of coffee.

Lyorin waited until he had settled down before asking him. "Hyunsik, you heard about what happened?" Hyunsik nodded. "News spread real fast, huh?" She said.

"I heard about your Aunt. How is she?" Hyunsik asked.

"Thankfully, she's fine. She's not staying with me at the moment."

Hyunsik was surprised. "So, it’s just you and EXO guys in that big mansion?"

"Yea. Anyways, I need your help. Will you be able to accompany me and meet – “ Lyorin was hesitant to say his name but she had to. "Yongguk."

Hyunsik choked, hearing Lyorin's request. "Why do you want to meet Yongguk for? Lyorin, do you realise what you have just said?" He questioned her. He was hoping she had a slip of tongue.

"I'm not making any mistake. I'm really asking you whether if you could follow me. Hyunsik, he attacked my Aunt and I'm not letting it go just like that. I want to ask him why he did it." She confirmed her stand and explained.

Hyunsik looked at her seriously. He didn't like what Lyorin was getting herself into. "Why are you asking me?"

"Because the EXO guys aren't doing anything about it. They don't want to dwell on it. Basically, they're just trying to ignore and pretend nothing happened." Lyorin stated firmly.

Hyunsik shook his head and sighed. "Lyorin, you should listen to them and – “

"And what? Pretend nothing happened and let it go? No way! They hurt my Aunt. You should have seen how badly beaten she was." Lyorin clenched her fists tightly. The image was still clear in her head. "Fine! If you're not helping, then it's okay." She said irritatedly.

As much as Hyunsik didn't want to get involved, he also didn't want Lyorin to do something stupid and dangerous by herself. Knowing how stubborn she was, he knew she would not give up even if he decided not to help her. "Okay okay. I'll follow you. How do want to do it?"

"Are you sure? Well, I have his number –“

"Wait, you have his number?!"

"Err yea." Lyorin scratched the back of her head. She knew he would react in that manner. "It's a long story. I will find a day when he finally agrees to meet me. I don't want any fights. I just want to ask him why. That's all." Lyorin assured.

Hyunsik was exasperated. He was just speechless as how Lyorin was speaking so lightly of an enemy that could harm her life in a blink. He was even more dumbfounded that she had his number. She should be staying away from him yet she was doing the total opposite of what others wanted of her. He closed his eyes to calm himself and not let his emotions got the better of him. He wanted to wake her up and sink in to her that this is not a joke, but he just could not do it.

With a heavy sigh, he said, "Lyorin, I hope you are aware at how dangerous this could be. I don't know what you have gotten yourself into, but I'm saying this even if you don't want to listen. Your life is my priority and if I have to hurt you in the process, it's because I want you to live." He folded his arms and then asked her seriously. "How did you end up having his number?"

"Hmm..it's a long story." Lyorin muttered softly.

Hyunsik sighed but still insisted. "We have time. Tell me."

Lyorin fiddled with the napkins on the table before she began her story. "Okay. Our first encounter didn't start off well. Technically, he tried to kill me. I'm not sure if you know about this though." She looked at Hyunsik, who just nodded his head. She guessed that he knew about it. She continued, "Since then, I thought he was the most lethal person out there. I was afraid. I was very afraid right until I accidentally bumped into him the second time. At that moment, I honestly thought that was the end of me but surprisingly everything was not what I expected. He was not the Yongguk I first met. He was nicer, gentler and friendlier."

"Friendlier?!" Hyunsik cut in. "Lyorin, listen to me. The word friend can never ever be associated with him for you, or even for me. He's the enemy." He said it slow and clearly for her to understand. He was turning insane by the minute at how she seemed to take this lightly; too lightly.

Lyorin nodded and replied, "Yes, yes I know but that was what I felt. Anyways, I wasn't even planning to get closer. He was the one. He got my number because he has his own means. I was helpless." She explained.

"Zelo." Hyunsik mumbled.

"Yes. Subsequently, he tried contacting me but I didn't entertain. I could show you the text messages if you don't believe me." Lyorin tried to convince.

Hyunsik flashed a smile to soothe her. He had been quite cold and harsh to her for the past hour. "I believe you. How many times have you seen him?"

Lyorin recalled the meet ups. It was rarely and it had been months since Yongguk contacted her. "Maybe around two times. Previously when you saw me with him, was the last. I swear, I've never met up with him all this while."

"Good. After this, do not even try associating yourself with him. Do you get me?"

"Not until I settle on Aunt's case." Lyorin stated.

"Okay, once you have settled and found your answers, will be the final." Hyunsik assured. He didn't want to risk letting her meet Yongguk anymore. However, she needed her answers to satisfy. Thus, he was willing to let her meet him the last time. He cleared his mind and asked her the question he was curious from the start. "Lyorin, did you tell EXO about this?"

Lyorin pouted and shot him a guilty look. "No." She replied softly.

Hyunsik stared at her with wide eyes. Surprised was not even the right word to describe what he was feeling. He was in fear because he realised the risk Lyorin had gotten herself into. The fact that she was doing all this without telling EXO was worrying. He looked at her and thought to himself. He would not let this continue. He had to do something.

Lyorin, you're stepping on mines. I'm not going to let you.

 

Walking back to the mansion, Lyorin felt better after consulting Hyunsik. She knew she could always count on him. As she stepped inside, her phone vibrated. She read the text message.

Next Saturday, I see you at the woods opposite your mansion. You can bring along the whole of EXO if you want but I'll be alone. You want answers; then I will tell you. [Yongguk]

Lyorin flashed a triumphant look. Everything was going more smoothly than expected. Now that Yongguk had agreed, she was more determined to find out the truth. Immediately, she called Hyunsik and reported to him. Once again, she had forgotten something. She had forgotten that she was still EXO's star. Yet, EXO guys were still clueless

 

To be continued...