Sick

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

Almost a month had passed since you started living with EXO. The boys were being nice to you making sure you were comfortable with them.  As for you, everything was moving as usual and you had started to open up to the boys. You were not allowed to go out, so for the month, you were either in school or at the mansion. You were grateful for the boys’ company or else you would have half-died from boredom. In school, you were still subjected to constant bully; both mentally and physically. Yoona, your best friend did try her best to help you out here and there but you did not want her to get involved. Just like the rest, she questioned your sudden closeness to Kai and Sehun. You could not tell her the truth, so you lied saying that they were your long distant cousins. She gave a peculiar look since she knew you didn't have any relatives before but  decided not to ask you further on how you managed to find them. However, she was curious as to why you weren't living at the usual house. So you lied to her once more that you were staying with your “cousins"; Kai and Sehun. You were nervous and did not like the idea of lying to your best friend but you were left with no choice. You promised EXO to keep your mouth shut. Being around Sehun and Kai had definitely taken a toll on your friendship with Yoona. You loved her yet you didn't want to implicate her in to your family secret. You couldn't hang out with her after school or during the weekends. This made you miserable especially when you treasured the friendship greatly.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

"Lyorin, are you keeping things away from me?" Yoona asked out of a sudden during lunch break in school.

"Huh? Hmm...no." You answered nervously.

"I don't know. Ever since you found out about your cousins, you've been acting strange. We rarely hang out and whenever I ask you out, you refuse. We've been friends since elementary and I know you too well to notice the change. What's wrong?"

You began to feel guilty. "Yoona, you know that I love you and you are not just my best friend but a sister to me. There are things that I can't explain to you right now. I hope you understand. I promise i will make it up to you one day. It's just that, I myself am not quite sure what's wrong with me." You sighed. Yoona gave you a disappointed smile and you knew deep inside she was dying to know what had been bothering you lately. You could sense how upset she was for not trusting her but you really had no choice but to keep her away.  

 

-------------------------------------------

 

One morning, while in the car to school, "Kai, can you stop the car and drop me here? I will walk to school from here." You demanded to alight just before the car reached the school compound. Ever since you've been going to school with Kai and Sehun, the school girls had been constantly harrassing you. You tried to ignore but it just kept going. So that day, you decided to alight and walk to school alone to prevent the gossiping to further continue. That was the only way to avoid being seen with Kai and Sehun.

"Eh, why?" Sehun was confused.

"Just, please?" You pleaded.

"No", Kai answered. You started to turn impatient.

"DROP ME HERE." You demanded once more and this time you sounded serious.

Sehun didn't want to probe anymore, "Hyung, let's just...."

Kai jammed the brake hard out of a sudden which caused you to forcefully jerk forward.

You were so pissed by then, "What the hell is your problem?" You glared at Kai.

"Go!" He hissed sternly.

Ignoring him, "See you later, Sehun," you managed to say. You opened the door and went straight out of the car without thinking twice. You were so angry at Kai for being so rude when you only requested for something so trivial. You just hated how everything was so restricted and controlled with EXO around now.

 

*********************************

 

Kai had been getting on Lyorin's nerves lately. One afternoon, while she was walking towards the living room, she noticed a small book lying on a table. She was curious so she went over and picked it up but before she could flip open, "Don't touch this!" Kai snatched the book away.

"Ouh? It's yours? I didn't..."

"Have you been taught not to be a busybody?!" Kai glared.

Lyorin started to get pissed at the tone that he spoke at her. She wanted to apologise but after hearing his tone of language, she decided not. "What did you say?" She asked him angrily.

"I don't like a busybody who meddles with my things" He answered. Lyorin was aghast at his rudeness, that she just walked away from the scene but he pulled her back, "Apologise now?" She stared straight at his face stubbornly, not wanting to apologise at all. "I say apologise!" He demanded again.

"I don't apologise to a rude person like you. I wanted to but after looking at how you dissed me without hearing my explanation, I don't feel the need to. So, let me go now," she told him off.

Baekhyun, who happened to be around, "Kai, don't. Just let her go." Kai unwillingly let Lyorin go and she left him there, defeated.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

There were so many things going on for the past weeks; living with EXO, who were not ordinary beings, discovering more about herself, constant bullying in school and her straining friendship with Yoona and lastly Kai's exceptional hatred towards her. She just couldn't help but wonder why Kai, the only one who treated her so coldly. Despite having so many people around, she just suffered in silence, not telling anyone, not even Aunt Marie. These serious of events would eventually left her drained.

 

On a Thursday afternoon after school, Sehun began conversing with Lyorin while in the car, "So Lyorin, are you hungry? I'm so hungry. I wonder what Aunt Marie is cooking for dinner. Seriously, Aunt cooks really nice food. Her fried rice last night was the best I've ever tasted. I might just turn fat if Aunt Marie keeps cooking deliciously. Haha! So, Lyorin what's your favourite food?....Lyorin?" He ly to find a fast asleep Lyorin. Sehun smiled seeing her peaceful sleeping face. "Ouh hyung, Lyorin's sleeping. She must be tired".

When they reached home, "Lyorin ah, wake up" Sehun called Lyorin out who was still sleeping.

 "Sehun, go inside first. I'll wake her up." Kai said as he slowly shook Lyorin's hand, but she continued sleeping. His hand went to her face. Why does she feel so hot, he wondered. Suddenly, Lyorin woke up and saw Kai staring at her. She grew uncomfortable and quickly stood up. "Are you unwell?" Kai was worried. Lyorin just ignored and went straight in to the mansion.

 

During dinner, Lyorin barely touched her food. She wasn't feeling too well and a fever was approaching. She excused herself from the dinner half-way and headed to her room to rest.

In the middle of the night, Lyorin woke up feeling nauseous. She went to the bathroom, located across the room. As if on cue, she began to vomit whatever food she had taken for the day. Cleaning herself , she then looked at her pale face in the bathroom mirror and touched her burning forehead. She was having a fever for sure. Her stomach churned once more and instantly she vomitted again. The constant vomitting left her body weak and drained.

When she thought her vomitting had finally stopped, she slowly stepped out of the bathroom. However due to the lack of liquid and energy left in her, her head started spinning. Barely a few steps out of the bathroom her body succumbed and eventually collapsed to the floor.

 

The next morning, the boys were busy preparing themselves for their daily routine. Except for Sehun and Kai, who were still in high school, the rest of the boys were studying in universities. "Good morning!" Chen cheerfully greeted the rest over breakfast. One by one, came down to have their breakfast.

Suho, who was the last one down, "Where is Lyorin? Aunt, did you wake Lyorin up?"

Aunt who was in the kitchen, "Oh, I didn't. I think she should be getting ready." Suho climbed back up the stairs to check whether Lyorin had woken up.

 

 

"Lyorin, are you ready for breakfast" Suho gently knocked her door but there was no answer. He turned the door which was unlocked and entered her room slowly. When he entered, he saw an empty bed. His eyes scanned across the room when he suddenly spotted Lyorin lying on the floor in front of the bath room. He went over to her and was shocked to see her pale face. "Lyorin, Lyorin, what happened?" He began to shake her shoulders but her eyes remained shut.

Back in the dining room, Luhan, who had the ability to read minds, stopped whatever he was doing. "Something happened to Lyorin!" He cried out loud after reading Suho's mind.

Instantly, Kai teleported to her room. "Hyung, what's wrong?" He asked once he appeared. Kai was worried as he watched Suho scooped Lyorin in his arms off the floor and placed her gently on bed. His heart contracted in pain seeing how pale and weak Lyorin was.

"Kai, help me get medicine. She's burning!" Suho softly tapped her cheeks but Lyorin remained still. Aunt Marie and the rest of the boys barged in to the room and crowded the bed. The boys expressions stiffened. They were genuinely concerned  and worried.

"Suho, let me handle this." Aunt Marie was a nurse and thus, she was calm in handling the situation. She went over to Lyorin's side and touched her forehead. "It's just a fever. Can you excuse us for while?" The guys understood and left the room, allowing Aunt Marie to tend to Lyorin.

 

The boys gathered in the living room. Few minutes later, Aunt came, "Kai and Sehun, can you please help to  inform the school that Lyorin will be absent today?"

Sehun nodded, "Will she be alright, Aunt?"

Aunt Marie gave him a nod, "She will be fine. Just a normal fever. By the way, thank you Suho."

"It's nothing. I'm just glad we found her quickly. Will she be okay without seeing the doctor?" Aunt Marie assured the boys that she will fine and not to worry.

"We're sorry that we can't bring her to the doctor right not because..." Kris stopped when Aunt Marie gently patted his shoulder.

"It's alright. I understand. Now, don't worry so much and go to school, all of you." EXO were ordered not to allow Lyorin to visit the hospital knowing how risky it would have been, especially when she's nearing that 'age'. She's vulnerable and EXO had to make sure everything was safe for her.

 

 

To be continued...