Out of the World

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

Despite being Saturday, you woke up early in the morning. You went to wash up and dress comfortably in a grey tee with faded blue jeans. You then made your way downstairs quietly, hoping no one was awake yet. However, you were surprised when you saw all 12 of them already seated for breakfast. They noticed you and one by one greeted, except for a cold person. You ignored him but managed to smile to the rest.

 

"Ah Lyorin my dear, come. Eat this. Finish all of it up since you didn't eat much last night, plus today will be a long day." Aunt Marie placed a plate full of food. You gave her a hug like always every morning. She lightly pecked your forehead in return. Your mood was slightly better that morning than last night, maybe you were slowly getting used to the new environment and new people. You looked at the boys who were already dressed up as though they were about to go out later; shirts and jeans. Definitely different from what you saw them yesterday; t-shirts with either pants or shorts. You couldn't deny that all 12 of them were really handsome. Is that even possible, you thought. You took a quick glance at all of them as you tried to register their names respectively. Last night while in your room, you remembered being bored so you took the time to remember their names. Some were easily recognisable while some were rather difficult to remember but you pulled through, slightly proud of yourself. Why did I even bother to remember all of their names? To think there are 12 of them? Oh my goodness, how annoying. You erased the thought as you settled down and began to down your breakfast. You were actually hungry. Within minutes, you were done and asked Aunt the schedule for the day.

 

"Okay Aunt, what...are we doing today?" You asked while chewing the last spoonful of cereal.

"To the woods." It was not Aunt who answered but Chen who was sitting two seats away.

"Woods?" You frown a little when you heard woods. Why the woods, your mind wondered. The mansion was facing the woods. You weren't sure how big it is, but obviously big enough to block your eyes from the bustling city. There was a small lake at the opposite side of the mansion and you could view it from your bedroom window.

"The one facing the house, I'm sure you would love to explore it right?" asked Baekhyun nicely with a smile. Your heart nervously raced for a second when you caught his smile.

"Hmmmm... I guess so. Aunt, you'll be following right?" Aunt shook her head. Your shoulders slumped and decided not to question why. You knew she would refuse to come along since she wanted you to have a 'bonding' session with the boys without her.

 

After breakfast you waited for some of the boys to get ready in the living room. You managed to strike a few conversations with some of them and realised that they were actually really nice boys. You felt bad treating them indifferently last night, but then you remembered that everything was strictly business. No feelings involved. Suho, suddenly took your hand and led you out of the mansion with the other boys trailing behind you. His gentle touch made your heart fluttered and you just followed him along without hesitation. As you walked, Tao came up to you suddenly.

 

"So Lyorin, i heard you like to run" asked Tao as he began to skipped beside you. He's tall and gave off this dark aura which made you feel a little scared, just a little.

"Yeah..like long distance run," you answered proudly. You always took pride of your running ability.

"Great..how about a race?" he nudged you playfully.

"On it" you smirked.

Just then D.O voice out, "Tao no! Don't tire her please" You sighed at his remark.

"Oh yeah, maybe next time Lyorin" Tao smiled apologetically.

"You know, you guys shouldn't look down on me. I'm not that weak okay?" You pouted. You really hated how guys look down at you. No matter how weak you may be, you would try not to show it to others, especially to guys.

"No, we're not.. Haha! It's just that we want you to conserve your energy for later" chuckled Sehun. The rest of the boys nodded and agreed. You rolled your eyes and let out a small laugh.

"Okay, let's do it here" Kris broke the light atmosphere with his serious look. Do what, you tilted your head to the side and wondered.

 

*****************************************

 

"Lyorin, back then when we first met at your house, Aunt mentioned about us being special. You remember?" asked Kris.

"Yeah" Lyorin answered still slightly confused. Sehun went up to her and drape his hand around her shoulder.

"So, now we'll be showing what it means by being special. I will start first since I'm the youngest" he led her to an open space.

Lyorin stood in the middle with Sehun while the rest of the boys encircled her. Sehun brought up his palm in front of her and then he closed his eyes. Suddenly Lyorin felt a gush of wind surrounded her. Dead leaves on the ground began to flew around her as the wind got stronger. Sehun was still motionless with his eyes still closed.

Lyorin knew right away that the wind was not the natural wind. It finally stopped and Sehun opened his eyes to her and smiled, "Lyorin, I can control the wind."

She took a step back trying to comprehend what she just heard. "Wh..what was that all about?" she asked nervously. The boys began to fidget around and then Suho gestured Chen to step forward.

Chen walked towards Lyorin and faced her. "Okay my turn. Lyorin, look up the sky" He ordered. Lyorin tilted her head to the sky and suddenly a flash of lightning was seen. Lightning across a clear blue sky. How was that even possible? A few seconds later, the sound of thunder was heard and Lyorin jumped slightly as she was caught surprised.

"Lightning?" she asked.

"Yes lightning is the main source. I can conjure electricity" sang Chen innocently as though the ability to control electricity was a normal phenomenon; obviously not to Lyorin.

"Baek, you're next" Suho commanded. Baekhyun stepped forward. Despite being exposed to all these for the first time, Lyorin was actually intrigued to know on the powers the rest possessed.

"If Chen controls the electricity, I can provide light without any electricity" Baekhyun said out proudly. He stretched his right arm straight up and light began to flow. Even though it was day time, the light was still visible.

"Okay Baek hyung, my turn now" Tao approached Lyorin. When he walked towards her, she noticed that everyone else was not moving. Literally, all of them were just stationary at their position. Only Tao was moving and herself. "Time control, that's my ability" he snapped his fingers. Everyone started to move. The rest of the boys looked at Tao and understood that he had already shown his ability. Of course they weren't aware since they were frozen by time.

Tao stood there motionlessly; a frown was seen across his face.

“What’s wrong Tao?” D.O asked but Tao just shrugged and walked away.

Next was D.O. He came up to Lyorin and stood right in front of her. He then lifted up his right leg and stomped the ground strongly. The ground trembled which made Lyorin lost her balance and was about to fall backwards but D.O caught her hand.

"Are you okay? Sorry. As you have felt, my power is strength," he smiled. Lyorin waved her hand slightly telling him that it was alright. D.O took a step back and bowed to her as though he was the knight while she was the Princess. D.O looked pretty charming and his power was rather manly, she blushed slightly.

Xiumin was the next one to approach. He took her hand up and she was taken aback at the coldness of his hand. Soon enough, the ground she was standing on turned frosty. Without a doubt, she knew his power. "Frost?” Lyorin managed to guess.

"Yes, ice power," Xiumin answered. He quickly stopped his power after noticing that Lyorin was shaking; due to the cold or because she was scared, he was not sure.

"Lyorin, are you alright?" Kris patted her back. She shaken of course, but dying to know more.

"Go on. I'm alright." Lyorin gave them a reassuring smile. Chanyeol came to her next and was smiling so widely allowing his white teeth to be visible. She wondered what would be the power this guy possessed. He held his palm in front of her, and then a small flame appeared.

"If Xiumin hyung can make you cold, I, on the other hand, can bring you heat. I control the fire." He said as he wiggled his eyebrows. She was surprised seeing his power. He acted like a kid and had a wide grin plastered on his face all the time. She found him rather adorable. She didn't expect his power to be a hot one, literally.

Luhan was next. Lyorin’s heart fluttered every time she looked at his flawless face. He was definitely very handsome and beautiful at the same time. He picked up a dead leaf and placed it on her palm facing up. She looked at the dead leaf and out of a sudden, it flew up. She didn't feel any wind that could cause the leaf to fly up. How it moved, she wondered.

"Telekinesis and mind..." He stopped and tilted his head to the side as he stared at her eyes. She gulped nervously. Please don't give me that deadly stare. He kept giving her that confused look and eventually snapped out of his trance. What is this guy?

"I'm sorry, yeah like I said, I have the telekinesis power. I move objects with mind control," he continued. So Lyorin figured that he wanted to finish his first sentence with 'mind control' but why was he acting weirdly.

Lay soon approached her next. "Lyorin can I have your hand?" She brought her hand up.

"No Lay, don't...." Kris ordered but was unable to finish his command when suddenly Lyorin felt a sharp stinging pain on her arm.

Lay had just sliced a cut across her arm and blood was slowly flowing.

"Ouch! Why..." She cried out but stopped when Lay placed his hand over her injured arm and within seconds, the cut disappeared.

Lyorin’s jaw dropped.

"Healing power," he said as he covered her open mouth with his hand. She flushed in embarrassment.

"Come on Kai, your turn," ordered Suho.

"Must I?" Kai hissed.

"Kai, she needs to know." Chanyeol said. Kai was staring straight at her with his cold eyes.

Lyorin was slightly pissed at his manner so she taunted him further, "It's okay if you don't want to show yours". She rolled her eyes and gave him a nonchalant look.

He strode and stood in front of her. "Do Not. Speak. To. Me. Like. That" He gritted his teeth.

"Kai, don't" Kris ordered.

"I don't get why you are so angry, Mr. GRUMPY!" Lyorin said that right at his face.

"Grrr..." He hissed. He placed his hand on her shoulder. Lyorin was actually scared at what he was going to do to her, but then his face turned confused. He retreated his hand and out of a sudden he was gone out of her sight. Where he went, she wondered. Suddenly, her arm was jerked from the back and she turned to face Kai.

"Oh my..." Lyorin was so shocked at his re-appearance that she unintentionally pushed him away.

"Kai, back off! I’m sorry Lyorin. As you can see, his power is teleportation," said Kris.

Teleportation? Wow cool, she exclaimed in her head.

Suho stepped forward next. As usual, he put on his angelic smile and began to speak, "I...can control the water" He then took out an empty bottle and in an instant, the bottle was filled with water flowing from his palm. Where did he get the water source from, Lyorin questioned silently.

Lastly, "As for me, I fly", spoke Kris with a smirk. Fly? In an instant Lyorin witnessed Kris levitating from the ground to about 10 metres high. Her eyes widened at his ability. These people weren’t just pure handsome guys with normal lives. These guys had superpowers. Surprisingly, you weren’t scared of them at all.

Kris settled gently on the ground and walked towards Lyorin who was left speechless. "We are known as EXO. I understand that all these are abit too much for you to absorb but please trust us that we mean no harm. In fact, all these powers are from you. I believe you have a birthmark somewhere on you, am I right?" he questioned.

"Birthmark? Yea...it's at the back of my neck. A 12-pointed sun.......12....oh my" Lyorin stopped as she mentioned the number 12. There were 12 of them and she knew right away that the symbol must have represented them.

"Star, Lyorin. That’s a star. That 12-pointed star symbolises each and every one of us. You are our star and it is our duty to protect you" Suho claimed. Lyorin was dumbfounded. "Our powers were passed down from generations. Kris and myself are the leaders of EXO presently. EXO clan or you can call it a family, has existed for decades. Within this clan, the 'chosen' ones are gifted with special abilities and we are selected as the 'chosen' ones, Lyorin. And you....the Star" Suho continued. Lyorin just stood there unmoving while trying to absorb the vast information that was given.

"Hyung, I think that's enough info for today. Come Lyorin, let's head back. We'll fill you more about EXO slowly" Sehun interrupted her trance state. He skipped cheerfully towards her and held her hand firmly. All of them including Lyorin headed back to the mansion. The boys acted like usual. They were actually proud at Lyorin for being able to handle the situation calmly. If it was any other girl, she would have freaked out by then.  They knew right away that she was the perfect Star

 

 

To be continued...