The first of many to come

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

Kai got up from his seat and paced around the hall area, restlessly. His gut feelings told him something wasn’t right. “Kai, will you stop?” Chen told him off. Kai stopped and turned to face Chen when suddenly, Suho dropped his newspaper and jerked up.

“KRIS HYUNG! ALL OF YOU, TO THE WOODS NOW!” Suho shouted as he gave command to the EXO boys to immediately go to the woods after receiving the telepathic message from Luhan. Kai who received the message as well, grabbed the two leaders’ hands and teleported together with them to the scene. Since his power would make him the fastest to reach, the leaders ordered him to bring them first while the rest of the boys dashed out of the mansion already prepared themselves.

 

--------------------------------

"Oh . It's them. It's...B...B.." Sehun stuttered nervously.

Lyorin looked at the panic faces of the 3 guys she was with. "B..who?!" she cried out loud as fear began to sink in.

As the group of 6 blonde guys approached her, she noticed their evil smirks and glares; and knew right away that she was in grave danger. Her heart beat nervously as Luhan, Xiumin and Sehun stood in front of her and faced the unknown group.

“Ahh EXO, what a coincidence!” a tall buffed guy by the name of Yongguk spoke. Lyorin peep a bit to see their faces until she made an eye contact with one of them. The guy scrutinized her from head to toe making Lyorin shuddered by his intense glare.

“BAP, what are you doing here?” Luhan asked warily. BAP? Who are they? Are they from another clan? Are they just like EXO; with abilities? Lyorin’s head clouded with many questions.

“What are you doing here?” Jongup asked back. Luhan’s fist balled up. Lyorin knew he was using his mind powers again. True enough; Kris, Kai and Suho appeared beside her, making her jumped in surprise but managed to cover to shut the scream.

“Ah Kris and Suho, long time no see.” the blonde guy greeted with a smirk.

“Yongguk, please leave in peace.” Kris said slowly and clearly, emphasising every word. Lyorin registered the blonde guy’s name and sense that he was the leader of the pack since he was the one bravely walking up to Kris.

“We’re not doing anything wrong here. Why must we leave? Unless, you have something to hide from us.” Himchan tilted his head and sneered at Lyorin who was now behind 6 of EXO guys. Lyorin gulped nervously. She was not someone who was easily afraid of anyone, but the aura given off by BAP, made her trembled in fear. Within a few minutes, the rest of the EXO guys joined and there were 12 against 6 of them. “Wow, what a big family you have.” He said seeing the complete EXO.

Lyorin grew confident knowing that EXO had more people. But just when Lyorin thought EXO had outnumbered BAP, more people started to appear behind where BAP was standing. It seemed as though BAP had brought an army of their kind. Even with the sheer number of people from the enemy, EXO didn’t budge or show any signs of fear.

"Run when I tell you so. Just run away from here." Kai crept behind Lyorin and whispered. She shivered at the thought of EXO fighting with not just BAP but dozens of people, supposedly from the BAP side. Her only hope was for EXO to survive, not to win the battle but just to stay alive. Kai gazed Lyorin's frightened eyes, and held her soft hand for the first time. "Everything will be just fine, I promise.." Lyorin nodded at his words and trusted it. Still holding her hand, Kai shut his eyes and tried once again to use his power but failed. Ever since the day when EXO displayed their powers for Lyorin, he noticed something was amiss. Lyorin was the one and only person who was unyielding to his powers. He had the ability to teleport not just himself. He could also teleport others just by holding them. However, only for Lyorin, he could not make his powers work. He felt utterly helpless.

"Yongguk, we don't have to resort to this. We can end this peacefully." Suho voiced out, only to receive laughters from the BAP and their army.

"Peaceful is never in our dictionary ever since your kind betrayed the fraternity. I'm pretty sure, we have found what we have been looking for." Yongguk turned his direction to face Lyorin. By that time, BAP and their members were moving towards EXO who were already prepared for the battle.

"LYORIN, RUN!" Kai shouted and immediately, the two groups clashed. Lyorin turned swiftly as ordered, and ran as fast as she could towards the mansion. Thankfully, she was a fast runner and managed to avoid the fight until she bumped into Yongguk, who miraculously appeared right before her. BAP didn't get themselves involve with the battle, instead their main attention was to Lyorin. She tried to divert away and run the opposite way, but was pulled back by Zelo, the youngest BAP member.

"Where are you going, sweetheart?" Yongguk teased. Lyorin was held by Youngjae and Zelo. She struggled helplessly but they were obviously too strong for her.

"Hyung, she's pretty." Daehyun went up and her cheeks. Lyorin's expression turned grim as he began touching her face. He was the guy who scrutinized her before.

"Let me go!" Lyorin cried out, still struggling from the Zelo's tight grip.

 

Meanwhile at the main battle ground, EXO boys were in difficult situation as they were outnumbered by the sheer number of BAP’s army. They didn't expect BAP to bring along their kind. Now that BAP had become stronger, it was even harder for EXO to endure. Nevertheless, they tried as they might for Lyorin's sake. Even though they possessed special abilities, no one should underestimate the enemies.

Tao was thrown back and hit a tree. He gasped for air and forced himself up despite the unbearable pain. Suho used his water attack but failed as the enemy managed to dodge and got passed him. He got trapped instead and a strong punch landed on his stomach. He coughed for air as blood oozed out of his mouth. Every of the EXO boys were injured. In the midst of it, Kai saw Lyorin being held up by BAP. He managed to escape the battle ground and teleport to where she was in order to save her. As soon as he reached, he yanked Zelo away from Lyorin. However, he was alone and within seconds, he was pinned down by Himchan.

"Not thay easy, Kai. Why are you protecting her? Is she by any chance, EXO's precious STAR?" Himchan sneered. At the moment, Yongguk went forward to Lyorin and pushed her head down. He swept her hair away to reveal the back of her neck. Yongguk stared at Lyorin's star tattoo that caught his eyes. His face was surprised. He blinked his eyes just to make sure he got it right. The symbol is familiar, his mind thought. However he snapped out of his thought and forcefully grabbed her hair and pulled her to face him.

"So, you are EXO's Star." Yongguk pierced his eyes onto her. He carefully examined her beautiful features. "You're really pretty. What a pity." He ran his index finger across her forehead to her lips. Lyorin was disgusted by his action that she daringly spitted saliva on him. Yongguk remained calm despite the humiliation he received. He wiped away the moisture off his face, "You're not just pretty but fiesty too, my kind of girl. Sweetheart, what should we do to you?"

"Leave her alone! Be a man and fight with me instead." Kai yelled with both of his hands tied up.

"Can someone shut him up?!" Yongguk got irritated by Kai's interruption. Himchan gave Kai a hard kick on his stomach causing him to fall to his knees.

"Don't! Please don't hurt him." Lyorin cried. She couldn't bear to see it anymore. EXO boys were losing and all of them were badly injured. She had to intervene to stop the battle. The only way was to, "Do whatever you want with me, but spare my life. I beg you, please don't hurt and take away their powers."

Lyorin had to sacrifice. She knew how imp0rtant for EXO to keep their powers. Without it, the EXO clan will weaken and eventually cease to exist. That was the last thing that could ever happen to a clan that had been around for countless of generations. Lyorin remembered Kris’s words to her, how vital it was to keep her alive and safe since her existence was EXO's only source of strength. She was aware that her life needed to be preserved but seeing how gravely injured EXO boys were, she had to do something.

BAP could do anything to her as long as they spared her life. She couldn’t be killed or EXO would lose their powers. She was left with no choice despite knowing that such negotiation was futile in the eyes of BAP, who only wanted power.

"Lyorin, NO!" Kai eyes widened in fear, thinking of the sacrifice she was going to do. That was the first time he called out her name. His heart contracted not just with fear but also the regret towards her. Knowing that her life was on thin ice, he couldn't help but crumbled to the ground begging. His cold persona left and all he could do was for Lyorin to not do anything reckless. Lyorin stared at him with painful eyes. Her mind was up and the decision was final.

"Awww. What a sacrifice. Very touching. Fine, I'll grant you the wish. I will spare their powers by not taking your life. But I need to know more about you. It might hurt a little.” Yongguk gave the evilest smirk as he marched to Lyorin.

“Yongguk, can’t we just finish her?” Himchan voiced out. “We’re not supposed to torture –“

“Be quiet! I’m the leader and I know what I’m doing.” Yongguk yelled. He then went nearer to Lyorin.

Zelo and Jongup seemed to have gone excited. "Uh uh, Hyung is going for the deadly kiss!" Zelo childishly blurted out. Yongguk went to Lyorin and cup her face. She was just inches away from his face. She had no clue what he was going to do. She only resigned herself to fate.

"Yongguk, please don't hurt her like this." Kai pleaded. Yongguk ignored and directed his lips towards Lyorin's.

They kissed and the BAP boys beamed while enjoying their leader's attack.

Yongguk together with his five brothers were known as the chosen ones. They possessed extra ordinary powers, just like EXO. However, BAP had always been the strongest since their clan was the oldest of their kind. Decades ago, BAP and EXO formed a fraternity and pledge allegiance never to spill their family secret. These people were not normal. They possessed innate abilities. They were born to fulfil the duty assigned. The duty was to protect a sacred book.

Unfortunately one generation years ago encountered a misfortune, causing the clans to break apart and turn enemies.

 Yongguk, the leader of BAP, possessed a deadly power that would leave his victim breatheless; quite literally. Once he touched the victim and used his power by their breath away, his unlucky victim would stop breathing. If not treated fast, his power could eventually lead to the failure of the heart to function properly, and ultimately death.

As Yongguk Lyorin's breath slowly and painfully, Kai could only watch in horror. The battle seemed to have come to a standstill as all of them witnessed the scene between Lyorin and Yongguk. The rest of EXO dashed to stop but it was all too late. Lyorin's eyes slowly shut and her face lost colour. After what felt like eternity, Yongguk pulled away and dropped Lyorin's lifeless body to the ground. Her eyes were shut, her face was frighteningly pale and she wasn't moving. Kai gulped as he prayed hard that; that moment was not the last time he saw her.

Not the end.

 

 

To be continued...