The Mission

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

Yongguk and the remaining members watched closely as Himchan and Young Jae made their way towards the target. Young Jae possessed the ability to outrun any one with his lightning speed run and reflexes. However, ever since the unexpected encounter the other night which left him all bruised and broken, he was determined to stay careful and vigilant. Himchan, on the other hand, was the best shooter. He could shoot anything, everything; even the wings of a fly without missing any of the shot. Armed with a gun or any object which can be a potential weapon, Himchan was nobody to be messed with. Basically, Young Jae was the catcher, while Himchan was the killer.

Young Jae moved forward after spotting the target. He was about to make a run, however, Himchan stopped him out of a sudden. “Young Jae, he’s not alone. He’s with someone.” He pointed towards another man standing beside the target. They seemed to be in a heated discussion. Young Jae and Himchan hid themselves away however their eyes never left the target. Just when they thought they managed to keep the target within their sights, the unknown man pulled the target upwards towards the sky. They were literally off the ground; levitating on air towards the roof. Stunned by what they had just witnessed, both of them quickly cleared their thoughts and gave them a chase.

“Hyung! There is an intruder again!” Zelo yelled after sensing something was not quite right. Swiftly, the remaining BAP guys charged forward, making their way to the scene in hope to provide the necessary support.

Young Jae ran towards the target and the unknown man. He raced up the flight of stairs as he watched them flew up towards the roof of the apartment. Himchan was making his way from the back of the building, planning a surprise attack. Within seconds, Young Jae reached the top of the 35-storey high apartment. Once there, he saw the 2 figures standing at the edge of the building. He stood quite a distant and could faintly hear their voices.

“Wh-what are you doing? Who are you?!” Jin Hyun, the target, cried out. He was trembling so vigorously that the unknown had to hold him up.

“SHUT UP! If you wish to live, just follow me!” the 1.8m tall guy shouted in response.

“Di-did you just fly?” the target asked. Despite being under immense fear for his life, he was still sane to realise that he was brought up towards the roof by flying.

The unknown guy ignored. He turned his direction towards the ground floor, scanning the entire streets. He let out a relief thinking that he had managed to bring the target out of danger. He thought he had escaped but he was wrong.

Young Jae lunged forward towards both men, causing them to fall off the ledge and land on the roof top. He grabbed the neck of the target, but was pushed hard by the tall unknown person. He could not care less about the unknown person with powers. His mission was to kill the target and thus, he was focussing on finishing his task.

Not giving up, the tall guy pulled the target off the floor and was about to fly away, but Young Jae caught hold of them. With both hands on each of their ankles, he dragged them down with all his strength, causing both men to stumble backwards.

The fall caused both men to hunch in pain from the hard impact. The target met eyes with Young Jae, “Wh-what are you?” he asked.

Right at the moment, Himchan reached the roof top. The opportunity came and he could not waste any precious time. He pulled out his gun in a breath. With a silent shot, the bullet pierced through the target’s temple before the tall guy could take him away. The rest of BAP managed to catch up and were surrounding the dead target and the tall unknown guy, who was still sprawling on the ground but conscious. Surprisingly, he remained calm when Yongguk marched forward towards him with bloodshot eyes.

“WHO ARE YOU?! WHO SENT YOU?!” Yongguk grabbed his neck with his brute strength, lifting the guy off the ground.

“HA HA HA HA!” the guy laughter blasted the night. He was laughing even when death was just right under his nose. “Stupid fools! Do you really think I would blow my cover? Just a little warning to you guys, use your power now while you still can.” In a split second, the unknown person grabbed the gun that was hanging on to Himchan’s waist belt, and placed it on his forehead. He pulled the trigger even before Young Jae could stop him from doing so. In a blink of an eye, he was dead.

Yongguk released the lifeless body and let it dropped to the ground with a heavy thud. He looked at the face of the dead target, Jin Hyun. Tonight, the mission was a success but why was he not satisfied? Similarly, the rest of BAP seemed at lost. Even though they managed to kill the target as instructed, the battle was far from over. Now, they came to realise there were more of them out there. There were more of them not from any of the three clans.

Daehyun walked over the target and scanned his body from head to toe. He was hoping for a clue that could lead to the identity but sadly, there was nothing on him. His head drooped low in despair. “There is nothing we can find out of him.”

With a heavy sigh, Yongguk spoke out, “Let’s leave. Jongup and Zelo, you know what to do right? Make sure it looked like an accident or a suicide case. Zelo, erased all the possible information that could lead the police in finding out the truth.” Both of them heard the command, and straight away went on task. The rest of the guys headed back.

Yongguk took one last look at the two dead men. His eyes then scanned the streets from the roof top until he stopped and saw a familiar person walking. Lyorin? He looked closely again making sure he got the right person. Yes, it’s her. She was walking alone in the middle night. What is she thinking? His heart raced in worry. She wasn’t supposed to be walking alone especially in the middle of the night. He slammed his fist and was about to make his way down to the street. However, he noticed she was making her way to the house at the corner. He waited until someone answered and led her in to the house.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Daehyun nudged Yongguk after noticing that the leader was staying put.

Yongguk turned his head, “Nothing, let’s go.” He walked away from the roof top, followed by the rest of the members. Even though he was curious to know what Lyorin was doing alone in the middle of the night, he was actually at ease a little seeing her. At least he knew she was doing fine. He planned to loiter around the area but eventually decided not to. He had to go and report back the new findings to the clan master. 

 

To be continued...