Avenge

Dawn of the Rising Star

“WHERE IS SHE?!” A male voice yelled.

“I DON’T KNOW WHO YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT!” A female voice responded shakily.

“BLOODY HELL, YOU KNOW WHO EXACTLY I’M TALKING ABOUT!”

“Come on pretty face, tell me where did you hide your child?” Another male voice joined.

“I DON’T HAVE A CHILD!” The lady yelled.

“A brightest child will be born among the stars; the consequence of a pure but forbidden love. Does it sound familiar? Or should I be more specific? Does it sound like you? Come on Juliette, we all know who you are and which clan you’re from. Just tell us where the child is? We won’t hurt you.” His voice was calm which made it even more menacing.

“I- I don’t know what you’re saying.”

“Why are you shaking? Are you afraid? What a pity. Where is your Romeo? Romeo oh Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?”

Laughter erupted.

“Let me ask you one last time, where is the child?”

The female voice remained silent.

Subsequently, only painful cries and loud banging sounds were heard. The sounds were enough to make one cower in fear as well as disgust. It seemed like the female was struggling. Gasping and choking sounds could be heard.  Despite the cries, the torturing felt like it was going to be endless.

Finally, there was silence. Only the male voices remained.

“Whoa, it’s been so long since I had this so much fun!”

“Now, what?”

“We need to find the child.”

“Stupid ! She’s just as stubborn as her kind.”

“What can you expect from a –“

“BAP.”

*****

 

Lyorin jolted up from her sleep and immediately wiped the tears. She was perspiring even though her room was air-conditioned. That dream felt so real. She could feel the pain of the female as though she was the one who was tortured. There were many questions in her head right now. Who was the lady? Who was the child they were referring to? Why was BAP mentioned?  Was she one of them?

 

She rubbed her temple to ease the throbbing headache. She looked at the clock. It was only 3 in the morning and her eyes were already wide awake. She could not possibly go back to sleep fearing another nightmare. It had been almost 2 weeks since Aunt left. EXO guys were nice to her; cooking for her, making sure she was comfortable and giving in to whatever she requested. She didn’t want to be a spoilt brat but the guys were just too nice. She got up from the bed and went to her study desk where her phone was. She was tempted to do something; something very risky.

 

She looked at her contacts and saw one. She wanted her revenge. She wanted to know why they did that. She thought he had changed but sadly, he didn’t.

I want to meet you.

Lyorin typed the message and gave it a thorough thought before pressing the send button. She sat on the chair and waited. She waited and waited until she dozed off.

 

*****

 

“Lyorin, wake up.” Chen lightly shook her shoulders. The Sun had risen and it was time for breakfast. Chen entered her room only to see Lyorin sitting on the chair while resting her head on the table.

Lyorin groaned a little before opening her eyes. She stretched and felt her bones cracking probably because she was in an uncomfortable position. She looked at Chen who seemed to be staring at her weirdly.

“Why are you sleeping here when you have a very comfortable bed?” He asked and pulled the curtain letting more light in the room.

“I was –“ She stopped and remembered why she was there. Without finishing her sentence, she searched for her phone only to see no replies. She sighed and slumped in her seat. “I woke up in the middle of the night and came here to sit. I guess I slept here unknowingly.”

“Okay. Wash up and see you downstairs.” Chen said and left the room.

 

Lyorin came into the kitchen and saw D.O with an apron on who seemed to be very busy. Looking at his stressed face, she sympathised his plight and decided to lend a hand. “Oppa, good morning. Come let me help you.” She took the knife and went on slicing the bacon.

“Lyorin, it’s okay. I can manage.” He said and took the knife away.

“Just let me do it.” She took the knife back and continued slicing the remaining bacon.

D.O reluctantly let her used the knife but he warned, “Be careful with the knife.”

“Aish! I’m already 18 years old!” She shot back.

Both of them took control of the kitchen together. The rest of the guys got a little jealous watching them, some requested to help but D.O chased them away. He needed the bonding time with her. Lyorin would stir the pot of kimchi soup while D.O would cut the ingredients and placed it in. She checked on the rice and made sure it was fully cooked.

The soup was almost done. D.O stirred for the last time and then he asked, “Do you want to taste it?”

Lyorin shook her head and told him to taste it first. Smoothly, he scooped a spoonful of it and tasted it. “How is it?” She asked, feeling slightly nervous at the outcome.

D.O didn’t answer. Instead, he scooped another spoonful, blew the soup gently before feeding it to Lyorin. “I want you to taste it.”

She gladly tasted it right from the spoon that D.O just used. “This is perfect!” She exclaimed in delight. “Oppa, you’re such a great cook.”

“Nope, we are great cooks. Thanks for helping me out today.” D.O smiled and pinched her cheek. “Help me call the guys okay? The food is ready.”

Lyorin nodded and walked out of the kitchen, calling out the rest of the boys for breakfast.

Everyone gathered and began eating. Lyorin ate slowly, waiting for the right time to ask Kris a question. She munched her food slowly while looking at Kris. She then turned her head at Suho, to see whether she should ask him instead. After several minutes, she put down her spoon and turned her direction at Kris.

“Hmmm Kris oppa, what are you planning to do now?” She blinked and waited for him to clear the food in his mouth.

Kris took the glass and drank. He sighed slightly and answered, “What do you mean? What do you want to do?”

Lyorin probed further, “Aren’t you guys going to find out why BAP attacked Aunt?”

“No.” He replied flatly.

“No? So, you’re going to let it go just like that?”

“Yes.”

“What?!” Lyorin was rather annoyed with his half-hearted response. “You’re not going to revenge for Aunt?”

Suho choked when she mentioned she wanted revenge. “Lyorin, you shouldn’t be thinking of revenge.”

She faced Suho and said, “Suho oppa, they attacked Aunt. They injured her. They hurt her and you guys aren’t doing anything about it?” She was pissed at how they seemed to be uninterested.

Chen cut in, “Lyorin, we can’t just go and confront them.”

“Maybe they were searching for you.” Luhan chimed in.

“We’re not here to create fights. We can’t afford to get anyone else injured, especially you. Yes, they hurt Aunt. We all know that.” Baekhyun added.

“But, to ask and find out why they attacked her is like asking why the tiger chases the deer.” Xiumin joined.

Lyorin listened to the boys intently but she was not buying their words. She was not going to allow the matter rest. She was adamant to find out why they attacked her. Yes, the tiger chased the deer because it was hungry. However, was hunger the main reason? She decided to take things on her own. 

 

To be continued...