Visitors

Dawn of the Rising Star

09/01/2012

 

School is just normal; nothing interesting. Do I have friends? Yeah, a few but I have only a best friend and her name is  ImYoona. She’s pretty just like her name. She’s tall, slim and fair; definitely an eye candy.  As for myself, am I pretty? Oh well, just normal. Haha! I use the word ‘normal’ a lot, aren’t I?  Boys? I don’t really bother about them. Yoona doesn’t really bother about them too. I guess that’s why we click?  We have been friends ever since elementary. She’s sweet, gentle while I’m….stubborn? I admit, I’m a very stubborn person and cold at times. Cold or not, Yoona loves me and I love her dearly too.

 

You were definitely above average in terms of look. If Yoona was the belle in school, then so were you. Both of you were the envy of many girls and were the talk for many boys. However, both of you hated to be popular and would try to keep away from the limelight. Girls would glare when you walked past them, but you just ignored. Some even wanted to be your friend, but you knew better that they only wanted to be your ‘fake’ friends. Boys would sweetly call your name and even ask you out, but of course, you rejected. They were just fellow schoolmates to you. You were not being arrogant or self conceited. You were just being a normal student who went to school to study. That was it.

Besides being a student, you were also an ace runner. You had this passion for running ever since you learnt how to stand. You were part of the school’s cross-country team as part of your extra curriculum activity. As a runner, you envitably possessed nice lean and slim body which made girls grew even mad at your perfect body. They would fumingly watch the boys eyeing you during your training session. You could not care less what others think or feel of you. As long as you had Yoona and your running activity in school, nothing else was actually interesting to you.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

School ended early and after saying farewell to Yoona, you walked back home alone. As you reached the doorstep to your house, you heard voices. It was voices, and not just the voice of your Aunt. You unlocked the door slowly and went inside to look.

"Aunt Marie, I'm back. What did you…oh?" You wanted to ask Aunt about dinner when you suddenly stumbled your words and saw two guys in the living room with your Aunt.

"Oh Lyorin, you're back. Great", your Aunt turned and greeted you with a smile.

"Err...okay. I will be upstairs", you were about to head to your room when Aunt suddenly pulled you to the living room. There stood two guys; two very good-looking guys. One was tall, really tall while the other was slightly shorter. Both had smiles painted on their faces when they saw you. They looked like guys around your age. 

"Hi, my name is Kris", the tall one introduced himself.

"Hi, I'm Suho. Nice to meet you", the other one spoke. You bowed as they bowed to you too. Your Aunt nudged your shoulder and you understood what she wanted.

"Hmmm, I'm Lyorin." You introduced and then noticed the boys were fixing their eyes on you. You felt awkward and wanted to leave but Aunt gestured for you to take a seat. So, you went to sit opposite the boys on the sofa.

 

"Okay Lyorin go on, get to know them", Aunt Marie spoke. You stared and gave her the why-must-i-talk-to-strangers look. "Lyorin darling, you've always wanted me to tell you about yourself, am I right? Now, these boys will help you with that. They can find the missing puzzles to your questions. Everything. They can help you to fill up the gaps -", she stopped when your index finger pointed at the boys.

"Them?!" You cried out, confused at what your Aunt just blabbered.

"Yes my dear. How do i put this? Hmmm, let's just say that they're special. Very special", Aunt spoke with a tender voice. You were even more confused. What sorcery has this 2 idiots done to my aunt?

"And so?" You questioned.

Kris started to speak, "Lyorin, you are special too" Okay what is happening here? 

"Okay I will get to the point. Our mission is to protect you because you're our Kismet, the STAR and our source of strength", Suho finally continued. Star? Why did it ring a bell in your head? Mission? What nonsense were they talking? Your patience was running thin.

 

"Woah Woah. Hold up, Star? Kismet; you mean like destiny? And then source of strength? What?" You frowned. You were on the verge of leaving the room  when Aunt tried to assure you what Kris and Suho had just said were all the truth. She told you that these boys will slowly reveal their intentions. You were having a difficult time trying to comprehend the situation. However, a small part of you was dying to know about your own past, the past that you never had a clue of. You planned to give them a chance to explain.

Aunt Marie was glad you agreed to listen. "Lyorin, rest assured, everything you wanted to know will be answered but first, we need to move in with them" Your eyes widened upon hearing that you had to move in with them.

"Move in with them? No! Aunt, why are you even?" Aunt Marie quickly added that she would still be living with you. You calmed down just a bit and reluctantly agreed. "Okay. I guess moving in with the 2 of them won't be a big deal anyways. Fine," you sighed but agreed.

"Sorry Lyorin, not just the 2 of us but 12," Suho shyly spoke out. He looked down, afraid to see your reaction. Of course, you slapped your forehead and slumped your back against the sofa, defeated. What is this madness? I'm going crazy!

 

To be continued...