Confused & Hurt

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

Luhan, together with Sehun and Yoona were chatting around while sipping their drinks. The atmosphere was lively and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Luhan wanted to dance but he was afraid Yoona might feel a little uncomfortable if he asked. Sehun kept asking for them to dance but Yoona seemed shy. Thus, Luhan didn’t want to make her even more stressed. However, to his surprise, Yoona pulled him towards the dance floor. Instantly, his face beamed delightfully.

They walked through the crowd and Luhan could identify some of the people present; BTOB. He gave them a friendly nod with a serious expression as an acknowledgement. He saw Eunkwang, their leader who was his same age classmate. He then noticed Minhyuk, who seemed to be giving off a rather off mood. Yoona accidentally bumped in to Minhyuk but Luhan protectively pulled her away from him. As result, Minhyuk gave Luhan a stern look. Yoona, oblivious to the guys little tension, was surprised to see Minhyuk and s. It had been so long since they saw or talk to each other.

“Hi Yoona!” Minhyuk greeted excitedly.

Yoona gave him the side eye look. Why was he acting friendly out of a sudden, she wondered.  However, she greeted him back saying, “Hi oppa, long time no see and talk.” She sarcastically said it causing Minhyuk to feel guilty. Luhan was not that surprised that Yoona knew BTOB as well. However, he was wary of Minhyuk. A part of him felt that he had feelings for Yoona.

Without saying anything, Luhan grabbed Yoona’s arm and gently pulled her away. Luhan felt even more triumphant when Yoona followed him. She then said, “Jeez that was awkward. Thankfully, you pulled me away from them.”

“Why?” Luhan asked curiously.

“He decided to ignore me and then now he’s acting friendly. I don’t understand.” Yoona scrunched up her nose cutely causing Luhan to smile at her small gesture. He then led her further in to the centre of the dance hall.

Luhan started dancing a little and then to his surprise, Yoona danced along and she was dancing pretty well.

“Wow, I didn’t know you’re a good dancer.” Luhan complimented.

Yoona smirked beautifully and replied, “There are a lot of things you don’t know about me –“ Luhan tilted his head curiously. “But I’m more than willing to tell you everything about myself.” She continued. Both of them danced bravely until they bumped in to Kai who was beside them on the dance floor, with a girl.

Luhan shouted above the loud music, “Hey Kai!” He noticed that he was with a girl. The girl seemed to be caressing him more than dancing. Kai, on the other hand, didn’t look like he was enjoying. Luhan realised something was not quite right so he asked him, “Kai, where is Lyorin?” Kai looked back at him and gave him a nonchalant shrug. Luhan sighed. He could roughly understand what just happened based on Kai’s answer. Kai had never once given him a, “I don’t know” answer when it came to Lyorin’s whereabouts. He was always on guard but it seemed like that night; something was amiss.

 

Back at the drink counters, Lyorin continuously watched the couple danced. Her heart was beating so fast, not because she was nervous but because she was jealous. Admittedly, she wished it was her dancing with him. Suddenly, Hyunsik stood in front blocking her view. She looked up at him with sad eyes. Hyunsik could not stand it anymore. He then dragged her towards where the couple was dancing on the dance floor. Lyorin let him pulled her without even struggling. The music turned louder as she and Hyunsik made way to the centre. Eventually they stood just right beside the couple. Lyorin saw Yoona at the other side with Luhan, however her eyes were fixing at him. Hyunsik started dancing and gestured for her to dance as well. Tried as her might, she began moving and dancing, but her heart was never at ease.

All she could think of is him; Kai.

Kai began to feel restless with this unknown girl all around him. She was obviously trying ways to grab his attention by touching him all over his body. He was trying to push her away but suddenly he saw Lyorin with Hyunsik right beside him. Instantly, he pulled the girl back and pretended to be dancing with her. Cautiously, he looked at Lyorin however she seemed to be at lost. She was not coordinating well with Hyunsik and it was as if something was weighing her mind. She didn’t look too happy. He was hurt seeing her with Hyunsik, but he was more hurt seeing her not having any smile on her face. Kai wanted to know what was going through her mind. He kept looking at her more intently than before as he noticed that she was becoming listless. He was worried now. He pushed the unknown girl away and focussed on Lyorin.

Lyorin was not enjoying herself at all. Her heart was in pain and she was not focussing. She tripped a few times, but Hyunsik managed to steady her up. Hyunsik flashed a concern look but Lyorin could only ignore and act like she was okay. She could no longer watch Kai and the girl. Out of a sudden, she was unintentionally pushed due to the large crowd, causing her to stumble backwards. However, she didn’t land on the floor. A pair of strong arms grabbed her waist before she could fall. She looked up at the guy’s eyes and realised he was none other than Kai.

Kai was holding on to Lyorin, almost hugging. He was worried and was looking at her tenderly. That was when he noticed her eyes were full of sadness. “A-are you okay?” Kai managed to ask. Lyorin diverted her gaze elsewhere, refusing to answer him. Gently she pushed him away and walked out of the dance floor. Kai watched her back as her shoulders slumped as if defeated. He began to wonder if he had done something wrong which made her act that way towards him.

Yoona saw her friend walking towards the washroom. She excused herself away from Luhan and followed Lyorin. In the washroom, it was just the both of them. She watched her grabbed the sink and then dropped her head down. “Lyorin, what’s wrong?” Yoona asked as she Lyorin’s back gently. Earning no respond, she bowed down only to catch Lyorin wiping a tear away. “Oh my God Lyorin, what happened?” She asked. She pulled her friend’s face up so that she could see her eyes. Her heart sank even deeper when Lyorin’s eyes were nothing but full of pain.

Lyorin shook her head. She didn’t want to cry but she could not stand it any longer. The pain was unbearable. “I’m fine.” She replied with a croaking voice.

Yoona refused to accept the answer and so she probed further. “Lyorin, you have to tell me what happened? Why are you crying?”

“I’m not.”

“Jeez, you’re such a bad liar.” Yoona snapped. “Come on babe, tell me. Has it got to do with –“ Yoona gulped before she continued. “Kai?”

Lyorin widened her eyes. Honestly, her friend got it right but she didn’t want to tell her more. “No. I don’t know.” She confessed, shaking her head. She was utterly confused herself. She didn’t know how the feelings came but seeing Kai with another girl hurt her so much.

“Lyorin, you like him.” Yoona stated.

“No, I don’t.” Lyorin responded.

“Lyorin, I’m not asking you. I’m telling you that you like him.” Yoona hugged her friend. Lyorin stayed firm and she tried to comprehend everything Yoona just said. “It’s okay. I understand." She shushed her friend. Lyorin stood motionlessly. She was clueless whether if she really did have feelings for him. "Why didn't you tell him?" Yoona asked.

"Err...because I'm not sure what I'm feeling." Lyorin confessed.

"It's alright. I'm pretty sure he likes you too. The way he looks at you –“

"No, Yoona. He doesn't. He had never once talked to me in a friendly manner. He's always giving me the cold shoulders. I don't even think he sees me as a friend." Lyorin sighed.

Yoona shook her vigorously refusing to believe, "That's not true."

"True or not, at least that's what I feel whenever he's around me."

Yoona gave Lyorin another hug, telling her to be strong. She advised her to confess to him but Lyorin vehemently refused to. Instead, she wanted Yoona to keep this a secret and that she believed this could be just a phase. She was not sure her feelings for him as yet.

Both girls tidied themselves and went to join the crowd. It had turned late and the party finally came to an end. Lyorin, Yoona, Luhan, Sehun and Kai walked out together as a group. Lyorin remained quiet after the little incident with Kai. While walking slowly towards their cars, Lyorin caught sight of BTOB. By then Yoona and Luhan had already gotten into their car and drove away.

"Sehun, go ahead. I'm not going back first." Lyorin called out.

Sehun who was walking in front, turned around and gave her look. "Where are you going?" He asked. Kai overheard the conversation and faced them as well.

"I'm going out. I don't want to go back so early."

"Lyorin, it's already 12.30 midnight." Sehun stated.

Kai then walked towards her and stood infront. "Where do you want to go? We'll take you." He said it gently, surprising her. He had always talked to her harshly especially if she requested something not to EXO's liking.

"I'm going with them."

"Who?" Kai asked.

"Hyunsik and –“

Kai let out a slight groan. Hearing his name pissed him off. Instantly, he changed his tone and cut her off, "Fine, go!"

"Hyung!" Sehun protested.

"Go!" Kai hissed. Lyorin looked at him. She was shocked not because he was being rude. She was already used to it. What made her surprised was Kai didn't even stop her. "Come Sehun, get in the car. Let her be." Kai gestured Sehun to get in the car.

"B-but." Sehun stuttered. However, he followed Kai's order without questioning further.

Lyorin never left her eyes off Kai. She wanted to run away from him and cry as much as she wanted because he just made her feel useless but her feet seemed to stay at its spot. She was hoping he would turn to see her for once before he left but no. Without a word, Kai took the wheels and drove away leaving her speechless. Yes, she didn't want to go back. Yes, she wanted to stay out. But she wasn't expecting Kai to ignore her and leave without even trying to stop her. For the first time, she actually wished Kai had stopped her.

Even after the car drove off, Lyorin didn't move. Eventually Hyunsik came and took her away. "Let's go, Lyorin." He said softly and gently, after knowing how she was feeling at the moment. Hyunsik was in as much pain or even more in pain than Lyorin but he wasn't planning to show it. He wanted her to feel better despite how hurt he was. 

 

 

To be continued...

 

 


Aigoo..... Kai, it's obvious you like her.