Chapter 8

Hide and Seek Love
As soon as Yoona grabbed the girl by the wrist, the girl turned her head in shock. For the next moment, the time was like stop. They stared at each other, didn’t say even for a word.
 
“Yuri Un-nie…” Yoona called hesitantly.
 
“Who are you?” the girl asked confusingly.
 
“Are you…Yuri? Kwon Yuri?” Yoona again, asked hesitantly, afraid if the one who was grabbed by her was a wrong person.
 
“N-Ne~,” the girl nodded. She still looked at Yoona confusingly, since she didn’t recall about her at all.”Who are you?”
 
No word could describe how happy Yoona was now right after the girl in front of her was Yuri. She cupped Yuri’s cheeks before hugging her tightly. Due to her behavior, Yuri pushed her lightly.
 
“Excuse me, who are you exactly?”
 
Yoona saw the hint of frightened on Yuri’s face. So, she decided to release her hug and looked at Yuri’s eyes.
 
“I’m Yoona. Your childhood friend, Unnie. remember? We used to play together back then. You remember me, Unnie?”
 
Yuri frowned as she tried to remember who the girl in front of her was.
 
“Yoona…” she mumbled. She looked at Yoona’s eyes. As soon as she saw her eyes, her doe-eyed like, finally she got it.
 
“Yoona..! is that you? is that  really you, The Im Yoona, my childhood friend?” Yuri exclaimed and Yoona smiled as she nodded happily.
 
“Omo! I didn’t expect finally I meet you again,” Yuri then hugged Yoona tightly. None of them could hold the tears anymore.
 
“So, finally you can meet her now, Yoon,” suddenly Jessica appeared behind Yoona. Yoona turned around as she smiled.
 
“Ne, Unnie,” she said.”Yuri Unnie, this is Jessica Unnie, the friend of mine. Sica Unnie, this is Yuri Unnie, the one who i used to tell to you all this time,” Yoona introduced both of them and they bowed slightly.
 
“Nice to meet you, Yuri-ssi,”
 
“Just drop the honorifics, Sica Unnie,” said Yoona.”She has same age as you. You can be friend,”
 
“Ah, ne,”
 
They then were chatting together till Yuri’s phone rang. As she picked up, she was greeted by the yell.
 
“YAH! Where the hell are you now, Kwon Yuri?? don’t you know I’ve been waiting for you since forever??!”
 
“Omo!” Yuri slapped her forehead.”I’m sorry, Fany-yah. So sorry. okay. I’ll be there soon,” right after she hung up, Yuri asked Yoona and Jessica to go to the park, where Tiffany has been waiting for.
 
As soon as they arrived, they approached Tiffany. Tiffany has worn the upset face and pouted right after seeing them, especially Yuri. She crossed her arms over chest.
 
“Better you have a good reason for this, Kwon Yuri!”
 
“I’m sorry, Tiff. So sorry. I didn’t mean to neglect you,” said Yuri as she settled down next to Tiffany. She tried to convince the upset girl to forgive her.”I indeed bought the ice cream for us. But, I saw the little girl crying in the pathway. She was falling that her knees were bleeding. So, I gave her the medicine on her knees. After that,” Yuri stopped for a sec.”There was someone calling me. And we have some chit-chat together,”
 
“Someone? who is it?”
 
“It’s me,” Yoona finally opened as she appeared from Yuri’s back.
 
“Omo! Yoo-Yoona. If there’s you, then there’s…”
 
“Yeah. I’m here too,” said Jessica. As soon as Tiffany saw the blonde behind Yoona, her heartbeat raised up quickly.
 
“H-How you…”
 
“Ok. let me explain you, Fany-yah,” said Yuri calmly.”Yoona…is my childhood friend, who I used to say to you before. I didn’t expect that finally we could meet now,”
 
“Omo! What a coincidence!” Tiffany exclaimed still in disbelief.
 
***
 
Yuri and Yoona walked together along the edge of Han River, savoring the evening air. Since the re-met, they’re always together, only to stay by the side of each other, reduced their longing that had attacked them for years.
 
“Is it okay if we let Tiffany with Jessica, Unnie?” Yoona asked as her fingers intertwined with Yuri’s.
 
“Ne, Yoong,” Yuri nodded.”They seemed be fine while being together. They both have grown up furthermore,”
 
Then, there’s silence between them. However, it’s not an awkward silence, it’s a comfortable silence. They kept walking side by side.
 
“Unnie,” Yoona called the older girl softly.
 
“Ne,”
 
“I’m so sorry,”
 
Yuri immediately stopped her step right after hearing those words from Yoona.
 
“Sorry for what?”
 
Yoona turned around to face the older girl. She held the both of Yuri’s hand.”Sorry for leaving you back then. I didn’t mean do that to you. in the middle of playing, suddenly my mom came and told me if Appa got an accident. So, I was forced to go to overseas where Appa was at. That’s why I left you,” said Yoona apologetically.
 
“No need to say sorry, Yoong,” Yuri reached for Yoona’s hair and it gently.”It’s done. What’s done is done. That was past furthermore. The most important thing is, finally we met now,”
 
As Yoona saw the older girl in front of her, she saw her smiling brightly at her. She really missed her smile. Her smile really comforted her.
 
“Unnie,” Yoona hugged the older girl tightly as she couldn’t hold her tears anymore.”I promise I won’t leave you anymore, Unnie. I will take you anywhere I go. I won’t ever ever let something apart us anymore,”
 
“Yoo~ng,” Yuri only could utter that word as she rubbed the younger girl’s back gently.
 
***
 
In the next day, right after the class was over, Yuri packed her stuffs and dashed out of the classroom. Tiffany has been waiting for her as always in corridor.
 
“Hi, Tiff,” Yuri greeted as her arm around Tiffany’s shoulder.
 
“Hi,” Tiffany replied as they walked together out of school area.
 
“How was your day with Jessica yesterday? Was she nice enough to you?” Yuri’s question immediately made Tiffany’s heart beating fast. She didn’t know what happened to her, everytime someone and her thought of the blonde, her heart was acting like that.
 
“Y-Yes. She was nice to me,”
 
Yuri frowned in confusion as she saw her bestfriend stuttering.”Why are you stuttering, Tiff?” she stopped her step only to look at her bestfriend.
 
“Y-Yuri-yah…have you ever felt this way? Whenever you think of someone, your heartbeat raises up quickly. What kind of that feeling is it, Yuri-yah?”
 
“W-what do you me-“ Yuri was about to ask but stop as she saw her bestfriend looking down and Yuri could see the tint of shyness on her cheeks. Then Yuri smirked.”Ah…don’t tell me if you….you’re falling in love with her, Fany-yah?” said Yuri playfully.
 
“Yah!” Tiffany smacked Yuri’s arm immediately.”I-I’m not…” responded her.”Or…maybe I am…” she mumbled slowly but Yuri still could hear it.
 
“Just admit that, Fany-yah. If you really do, maybe Yoona and I can help you,”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Aisshh! Whatever! I’m gonna home by myself now,” Tiffany who felt embarrassing then walked away, leaving Yuri.
 
“Y-Yah, Fany-yah! wait up!” Yuri ran quickly to catch her bestfriend up.
 
***
 
“Where are you going now, Yoona? why are you dressing up neatly?” Jessica asked in the doorway as she saw Yoona has been dressed neatly with her shirt and leather jacket, and black jeans.
 
“I’m gonna meet Yuri tonight, Unnie. we wanna have dinner together,” Yoona replied as she took her bag and put it on her shoulder.
 
“Well, just bring the spare key okay, in case I’ve fallen asleep while you’re home later,”
 
“Ok,” with that, Yoona dashed out of apartment to meet Yuri. She took a walk towards Yuri’s home. She has known her new address, since Yuri told her before they separated yesterday.
 
***
 
Yuri walked out of her room while has dressed neatly. She was about to go out of home, but her dad walked out of his room, calling her name.
 
“Yuri-yah!”
 
“Ne,” Yuri stopped walking and turned around. She saw her stepfather walking approaching her.
 
“Where do you think you’re going now?”
 
“I…I have an appointment with my friend, Appa,”
 
“Appointment?” he lifted his eyebrows as he looked at Yuri.”Ok. Before you go, give me some money,”
 
“Money?” Yuri frowned.”But I just gave you yesterday,”
 
“It has run out. Hurry, give me some money or else, I won’t let you go anywhere,”
 
“Appa!” Yuri has lost her patience.”I just gave you the money yesterday. Why is your money running out that easy? Can’t you save it properly? Your money ran out because of your drinking habit, didn’t it? please Appa, change your habi”
 
SLAP!!
 
Yuri’s head turned a bit as his dad slapped her cheek hard.
 
“How dare you said those things to me??! you should be grateful I was raising you since you were still little kid!” he grabbed Yuri by the collar.”Give me the money, right N.O.W!” he shook Yuri’s head as he glared at her.
 
“B-But I have no money, Appa,” Yuri replied in frightened.”J-Jinki Ahjussi hasn’t given my profit yet,” Yuri still tried to hold her tears back.
 
“Lying!!” he snapped as landing his palm on Yuri’s cheek anymore. Yuri then landed on the ground for the result. He took Yuri by the collar again.”Give me the money!”
 
“I-I don’t have, Appa,”
 
Just as he was about to land his palm again, Yoona grabbed his hand to stop him.”Let her go!”
 
“W-Who are you??” Yuri’s dad asked furiously.
 
“You want the money, don’t you?? fine! here is your money and leave her alone!” Yoona took some money from her wallet then threw it right in front of him. after that, she grabbed Yuri’s hand and guided her to go out of house.
 
***
 
“Kwaenchanayo?” asked Yoona in concerns.
 
Yuri only nodded in response. They’re sitting on the edge of cliff where they could see the town from above. Yoona saw Yuri still shedding tears. Then Yoona rubbed Yuri’s wound by the towel with warm water she asked from the nearest food stall around cliff. As soon as the towel touched her wound, Yuri winced in pain.
 
“Sorry. I’ll take it slowly now,” said Yoona softly as she the older girl’s hair. Then she continued rubbing the wound cheek of Yuri.
 
“Yoong, gomawo,” Yuri uttered as she looked at Yoona’s eyes. Yoona smiled sweetly in response.
 
“Don’t mention it, Unnie,” Yoona put the basin she borrowed on the ground.”Unnie, can you tell me what really happened to you that you got a stepfather like him?”
 
“That was a long story, Yoong,” Yuri let out a sigh as she looked down.
 
“I guess I can wait,”
 
“Well,” Yuri glanced at the younger girl beside her and said.”When I was Junior High, my father, the one who you used to know, passed away, Yoong. He got the sickness. A year after that, Umma re-married with a man that became my stepfather now. Well, then we’re forced to live with him, since during my real father got sickness, the money of Umma and Appa had run out to his treatment. After Umma re-married, Umma sold the house to pay her debt. Indeed, my stepfather was so sweet to my Umma. But, unfortunately three years after that, my Umma passed away due to the accident. Well, that was a start of mine to live with him at his house,” Yuri shed the tears while telling her story. As Yoona noticed that, she snuggled to her, wiping the tears gently by her thumb. She didn’t expect that the older girl beside her, having the harsh live.
 
“Then, why didn’t you leave from his house, Unnie?”
 
“I can’t, Yoong. I’m not be able to do that yet, before my 20th birthday. That’s why, I’m struggling, living with him. I’m trying to live with him till my birthday. I’ve determined myself to go out of his house right after my birthday. After that day, I won’t let him bothering me anymore,”
 
“Unnie…” Yoona placed Yuri’s head on her shoulder and she embraced her.”Ok. I see. Don’t worry, Unnie. I’m here now. I’ll always stay by your side to make it through together. I’ll always protect you from him. I won’t let him laying a finger on you anymore,”
 
After that, Yuri closed her eyes. There’s a comfortable silence between them. Yoona embraced the older girl tightly, just to assure her if she’ll always be there for her.
 
__________________________
 
yeeee....finally Yoong met Yuri..^^
how do you think?
please feel free to comment..:)