Chapter 3

Hide and Seek Love
 One day, in the night, Yoona awoke due to feel thirsty. So she walked out of her room and headed to downstairs. As she passed by the living room, she saw her parents sitting on sofa, talking to each other. She accidentally heard what they said.
 
“Do you think Yoona needs to know about this, Yeobo?” asked Mrs. Im.
 
Feeling wondering since her name was mentioned, Yoona came closer as she leaned on the wall.
 
Mr. Im sighed heavily before replying.”I still don’t know yet how to tell her about this. Honestly, I can’t bear seeing her to be lonely anymore. I knew making new friends is a really hard thing. And all these times, Yoona was so close already with Yuri, and she seems to be happy and having the good times with her. I can’t bear to tell her if I have another job in overseas again and it forces us to move again,”
 
Yoona immediately appeared in front of her parents as her tears flew swiftly.”Is that true, Appa, Umma??”
 
Yoona’s presence made her parents taken aback.”Y-Yoona…”
 
“Is that true if we’re gonna move again?”
 
Mrs. Im then stood to approach her daughter.”Yoona, we..-“
 
“Stop it, Umma, Appa!” Yoona burst out her emotion.”How many times I told you if I’ve been tired for moving. Can’t we just stay in one country and one place forever?? I love for being here. After having hard times, finally I already have a bestfriend. Really bestfriend. So, can’t we just stay here forever??”
 
“Yoona, you must understa-“
 
“Enough, Appa! Enough! I’ve could get enough of this thing! I’m so tired of understanding you!” with that, Yoona left to her room and as she slumped her body on the bed, she couldn’t hold her tears anymore.
 
***
 
Yoona and Yuri played together in park as always, with Yoona pushed Yuri on the swing slightly from behind.
 
“Yah, Yoona,”
 
“Uhm,”
 
“Thank you,” Yuri uttered softly.
 
Yoona frowned at Yuri’s remark.”Thank you for?”
 
“Well,” Yuri shrugged.”Just thank you for being my bestfriend all this time. You know, you are really the bestfriend I’ve ever had. Honestly, before you came here, I didn’t have any friend. No one wanted to be my friend, since they called me a cry baby. I realized that, and it caused me under pressure that made me an introvert person,” said Yuri before continuing.”But, after you came and we got closer, I slowly could change my personality and even my mom said, I’ve become an extrovert now. And she also said, she was so happy to see the new of me,” Yuri turned her head to look at Yoona.”I hope, we can be bestfriend forever, Yoong,”
 
Yuri’s remark made Yoona stopping pushing. She only looked down and it made Yuri frowning. Yuri went down from the swing and cupped Yoona’s cheeks.
 
“I just noticed, you aren’t as cheerful as usual, Yoona. what’s the matter?” asked Yuri worriedly.”You become quiet now. Why?”
 
Yoona only looked down and didn’t answer Yuri. Just as she was about to answer, the voice of ice cream seller was audible. Yuri immediately turned her head to look at a guy rode a bicycle to sell the ice cream.
 
“Maybe an ice cream will cheer you up, Yoong. let’s eat ice cream and it’s my treat,” Yuri reached for Yoona’s hand and they ran to the ice cream seller.
 
After that, they sat on the bench to eat their ice cream. During eating, Yoona glanced at Yuri who was busy enjoying her blueberry ice cream.
 
“Unnie,” Yoona called out as she held Yuri’s hand.
 
“Emm,” Yuri looked at Yoona.
 
“I think…I’m gonna move soon,”
 
Yuri immediately froze and her ice cream was falling.”W-what do you mean, Yoona?”
 
Yoona sighed heavily.”Appa…was placed in overseas. And for the result, we have to move again. I have to move to overseas soon, Unnie,”
 
“I-Is that true, Yoona?” Yuri’s lips trembled as she asked that.
 
Yoona nodded weakly.
 
“B-But I just had a bestfriend. And if you move-“
 
Yoona held Yuri’s hands and squeezed them gently.”Unnie. trust me, I’ll never forget you. Despite we’re gonna apart, we still can keep in touch. Trust me, Unnie,”
 
“B-But that means I’m gonna lose the bestfriend of mine. I don’t want that, Yoong,”
 
As Yuri started to cry, Yoona hugged her tightly. She only could rub the back of older girl to comfort her, since she couldn’t say anything. She actually hated to believe if she’s gonna leave her either.
 
***
 
“What?! Is that true, Umma, Appa??” asked Yoona in shock, right after being told the news if only her dad who was moving to overseas.
 
“Yes, Yoona. And that means, you don’t have to leave Yuri here and you can continue to live here,” Mr. Im replied with a smile.
 
“So,” Yoona approached and sat between them.”You let yourself to live alone in overseas only for me, Appa?” asked Yoona kinda felt guilty. Actually she didn’t believe that her dad gonna do that, leaving for overseas by himself and he did that only because Yoona didn’t wanna move anymore.
 
Mr. Im nodded slightly.
 
“I’m sorry, Appa,” Yoona leaned her head on his embrace.
 
“No need to say sorry, Yoona. Actually I knew that making friend is a hard thing. I don’t want you to suffer and sacrifice your childhood only because of my job. I want you to be happy through your happy childhood, that’s why, I let you and your umma to live here, meanwhile I’m gonna overseas to work,” Mr. Im Yoona’s hair gently.
 
“Appa…” Yoona was speechless as her dad said that.
 
“So, Yoona…you don’t have to be worry, ok. You can keep living here and studying in your school. we don’t need to move, except Appa,” Mrs. Im her one and only daughter’s hair gently.
 
***
 
Since Mr. Im took that decision, Yoona didn’t need to leave Yuri. They always spent time together. Almost everyday they met and they really were inseparable. Their favorite game whenever together was hide and seek. And As always, Yoona could find Yuri easily, though Yuri had found another place for hiding. Yoona seemed to have the strong instinct to find Yuri.
 
Today, Yoona and Yuri were playing hide and seek again. For the nth times, Yoona won.
 
“Yah, Unnie. I’m so bored of being the winner whenever we play this game,” said Yoona as she leaned against the tree.
 
“Wow, you are so cocky, Yoong. never in this world, I found a cocky person except you,” Yuri crossed her arms over chest and it made Yoona grinning.
 
“Just admit that I’m too smart when playing this game, Unnie,” Yoona smirked.
 
“Huh,” Yuri snorted.”Ok. I challenge you to find me now,” Yuri glared at Yoona’s eyes.
 
“You dare to challenge me, Unnie? hmm??” Yoona responded and Yuri nodded firmly.”Ok. but, what if I could find you again, Unnie? what’s the price?”
 
Yuri then looked up as she walked back and forth for thinking.”Well,” she clasped her hands.”Since your birthday is nearing, I’ll give you a present,”
 
Yoona lifted her eyebrows in wondering.”What’s present?”
 
“Once you asked me to knit a bracelet for you, didn’t you? if you could find me, then I would make that for you. Oh, not only that. Since I remember if you like rilakuma, I’ll make the rilakuma doll which made by yarn. I’ll knit those by myself,”
 
“Jinja??” Yoona exclaimed happily, receiving a nod from the latter. After that, she smiled.”Ok, then. I’ll make you regret to make that promise to me. I’ll find you definitely this time, Unnie. Now, go for hiding,” Yoona leaned her face against the tree and closed her eyes as she counted.
 
As Yoona did that, Yuri immediately ran to look for hiding place. She ran around garden to find the appropriate place, but almost the places already became her hiding place and Yoona still could find her. Then, she walked any further inside garden to look for hiding place. As she arrived in the middle of garden, she saw a warehouse that always closed, now being opened. Seems the owner of this garden forgot to lock it. So, she decided to enter and close the door, as if the door was closed like always. The warehouse was a small house and there were many garden tools inside. She leaned on the wall as she peeked out through the small window next to her.
 
“You won’t find me anymore definitely, Yoong,” she smirked in victory.
 
As she peeked out, she saw Yoona wandering the garden to find her. Yoona’s confused face made Yuri giggling.
 
“Yuri Unnie…where are you?” asked Yoona in tease tone. She wandered the garden and as she passed by the warehouse, she didn’t check it, since she knew it always locked, and it was useless to check inside. So, she decided to wander the garden only to find Yuri.
 
The sun was about to set, but Yoona didn’t find Yuri yet. In frustration, she yelled.”Unnie! okay! You won now! just come out now! it’s getting dark. Let’s go home!” though her voice echoed in the garden, Yuri couldn’t hear it, since she was asleep in the warehouse.
 
Yoona scratched her head randomly.”Unnie! Yuri Unnie!!”
 
Her yell weren’t enough to make Yuri awake, since the warehouse was far enough from Yoona’s place.
 
“U-“ just as Yoona was about to yell again, suddenly her mom rushed to her. As she was in front of Yoona, she panted heavily. Yoona saw the trace of tears on her cheeks.
 
“Yoona. Finally I found you,” the tremble lips of her mom made Yoona worrying.
 
“What’s the matter, Umma? and…were you crying?”
 
“Let’s go now. I just…I just got a news that Appa…Appa…” Mrs. Im’s tears flew from her eyes.
 
“What happened to Appa, Umma?”
 
“Your Appa got an accident and he’s in critical condition. So, we have to leave to see him now, Yoona,”
 
Yoona’s knees were getting weak right after she heard that.”Appa…Appa…”
 
“So let’s go now! I’ve packed your stuffs and bought the tickets. The cab is waiting for us. Kaja!” Mrs. Im held Yoona’s hand and pulled her to the cab that parked in front of their house.
 
***
 
Yuri finally awoke and she rubbed her sleepy eyes. She was surprised if the day was getting dark and Yoona still couldn’t find her yet.
 
“Yoona, you’ll find me definitely, won’t you? I believe you, Yoona. I believe that you’ll find me,” Yuri raised her knees as hugging them. Actually, deep in her heart, she wanted Yoona to find her. Despite being upset due to be found, somehow she was always happy while Yoona found her. She always liked to be found by Yoona, since Yoona’s face always was written the happiness everytime she found her. Yuri could be happy right after seeing the happiness on Yoona’s face.
 
She placed her chin on one of her knees as she waited for Yoona patiently. She hoped Yoona opening the door all of a sudden and yelled even made fun of her, telling her that she was a silly girl, to unable to find the hiding place just like before.
 
”Yoona. You’ll find me, won’t you?”
 
-------------------------------