Chapter 29

Hide and Seek Love

Jessica drove her car with Tiffany sitting on the passenger sit, chasing the cab which Yoona was inside it. They knew what Yoona gonna do now, so they tried to stop her.

 

On the other hand, Yoona led the driver of the cab to head to the house of Yuri’s stepfather. She clutched her fists, anger was inside her body. Right after she arrived, she rushed to the door, pounding it hard.

 

“OPEN THE DOOR! B*stard, OPEN THE DOOR NOW!!” when she didn’t get any answer, she pounded the window, as hard as before.”YAAA! OPEN THE DOOR!!!”

 

“Yoona!” Jessica and Tiffany rushed to her, holding her to calm her down.

 

“Calm down. You shouldn’t do this,” Tiffany said softly, trying to calm the latter down.

 

“Just shut it up, Unnie! I have to teach him an unforgettable lesson!” Yoona snapped as she turned around. When she was about to pound the door again, Jessica managed to hold her wrist.

 

“Yah, Yoona! Despite you teach him a lesson, the problem is still unresolved. We’d better go back to the hospital, doing anything that can heal Yuri,”

 

Yoona looked at Jessica and Tiffany one by one. Her calmness that was about to appear, disappeared again right after she saw a man who was entering the gate drunkenly.

 

“Hey, what are you doing in my house?”

 

She gritted her teeth and rushed to him, blowing her punch away on his face hard.

 

“Such a b*stard!! Such a useless father!! You have made Yuri suffering! You really don’t deserve to life!! You deserve to die!” she punched the man repeatedly till he was unable to stand anymore, he lied down on the ground with bloody nose and lips.

 

“Yoona!” Jessica and Tiffany managed to pull her before she continued to end his life. Yoona struggled to be able to release from them.

 

“Let me go, Unnies! He deserves to receive a lesson!”

 

“Enough, Yoona! Enough!” Jessica yelled to return the latter’s sense. ”Can’t you see that he’s unable to stand anymore? Enough, Yoona!”

 

Yoona gritted her teeth, trying to hold her emotion.

 

“We’d better go back to hospital now, Yoona. We should focus on Yuri now,”

 

“Yeah, Yoona. Tiffany’s right. C’mon,” Jessica led Yoona to her car. Before they got into the car, Yoona grabbed Yuri’s stepfather by the collar.

 

“Don’t you even dare approaching Yuri anymore! If you ever dare to do that, I’ll finish you off unhesitatingly!”

 

***

 

Yoona was asleep with her head on the edge of the bed, her fingers intertwined with Yuri’s. She had been waiting for Yuri almost all day along. She wanted to be a first person looked by Yuri when she opened her eyes. Her energy had drained out because of her anger to Yuri’s stepfather, and tears that streamed almost unstoppable when she thought of Yuri, and now, only tiredness left on her body.

 

She insisted to keep staying on Yuri’s side, though Jessica and Tiffany had asked her to leave the latter to grab some food. It was almost evening already, and that meant she had skipped her breakfast and lunch only to wait for Yuri.

 

Jessica and Tiffany were sitting on the bench now, feeling worried about Yuri and Yoona’s condition.

 

“Yoona really didn’t wanna eat, Tiff. I’m afraid if she’ll get sick,”

 

“Yeah, I know, Jess. But what to do? She has insisted to wait for Yuri,”

 

“I still can’t believe that Yuri got last stage brain cancer, Tiff. Actually I know Yoona feels now. It must be really hard for her,” she lifted her head and was surprised right after seeing her girl cried silently.

 

“Hey, Tiff. Don’t cry,”

 

“Yuri is my best friend, Jess. I’m afraid of losing her. Why must her? Why did she have to get this sickness? It’s all because of me too. If only she didn’t save me from accident happened back then, she wouldn’t get injury, and that meant she wouldn’t get brain cancer. Why does she have to suffer like this? It’s all because of me,” as Tiffany cried with her palms on her face, Jessica put her on her embrace.

 

“Sssshh….don’t blame yourself, Tiff. Don’t say that. She’ll be fine. I know she will. She’s a strong lady though. We gotta be strong for her, okay,”

 

***

 

Yoona slowly opened her eyes as she felt a touch on her head. She was surprised seeing her girl finally opened her eyes, smiling at her.

 

“Yul,”

 

“Hi, Yoong,”

 

Yoona tightened her grip and kissed Yuri’s hand lovingly. At the moment, she couldn’t hold her tears anymore.”Yul, finally you’re awake,”

 

“Don’t cry, Yoong,” Yuri wiped Yoona’s tears away.”You’ve known my sickness already I guess,”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me, Yul? Why did you have to hide your sickness from me? Didn’t you trust me?”

 

“Sorry, Yoong,” Yuri uttered weakly.”I just…didn’t want you to worry about me,”

 

“Worry? But I’m your girlfriend, Yul. We’d shared everything, then why didn’t you share your sickness problem with me also? Stop thinking about that thing. We’d promised not to hide anything, right?” Yoona’s voice cracked up, as the sadness blanketed her heart anymore.

 

“I’m sorry, Yoong. I’m sorry,”

 

“It’s okay, Yul. It’s okay,” Yoona kissed her hand again.”Stop saying sorry. And now, you gotta be healthy again okay. I’ll do anything to cure you. I promise, you can be healthy, as healthy as before,”

 

Yuri only could remain silent as her girl said those words. She doubted that Yoona’s word would come true, since she knew already her real condition.

 

***

 

 

While Yuri was hospitalized, Yoona always accompanied her every single day. Jessica and Tiffany also came to support their best friend.

 

Yuri who was lying down on the bed, immediately smiled right after seeing her girl entered and sat on the chair next to bed.

 

“Hi, Yoong,”

 

Yoona smiled in response as her hand held Yuri’s.

 

“So, what was it that you talked about with Seungri just now?”

 

“Well,” Yoona let out a sigh and said.”We have discussed, that you have to get chemotherapy as soon as possible, Yul,”

 

Yuri gasped and shook her head.”Chemo? no, no, no! I don’t want, Yoong,”

 

“C’mon Yul, please. Do it. You have to get the treatment,”

 

“But I don’t want that one, Yoong. You knew already that I didn’t wanna get chemo. I hate chemo!”

 

“There’s no other way, Yul. The medicine isn’t enough yet to erase the cancer on your brain. We should do the chemo for you,” Yoona said, almost begging.

 

“I said, I don’t want, Yoona!!” Yuri snapped, making the latter was taken aback. Her tears started to roll down.”I knew already my own condition, Yoona! It’s really impossible I can be cured! It’s on the last stage already! No matter how much I did the treatment, medicine or even chemo, I’m still gonna die anyway!”

 

“You are not, Yul! Don’t say that you’re gonna die, because you won’t. Your cancer is still be able to be cured, Yul. And you will be healthy again, as healthy as before,”

 

“Don’t give me such a fake hope, Yoona,” Yuri scoffed cynically as her tears kept flowing.

 

“It’s not fake, Yul,” Yoona reached for Yuri and hugged her tightly to soothe the latter.”As long as we wanna try, there’s still a hope. So, please don’t give up, okay,”

 

“So,” Yoona rubbed Yuri’s back gently.”Let’s do chemo okay. For me at least, because I don’t wanna lose you, Yul,” as much as Yoona wanted to cry, she had to hold it. She gotta be strong for her girl.

 

***

 

“Are you ready for this, Yuri-yah?” Seungri asked as Yuri was about to be brought to a room to receive medical treatment.

 

Yuri glanced at her lover for a sec who was standing behind Seungri, and she nodded after she saw her smiling and nodding. With that, Yuri sat on the wheelchair and was pushed to the room with Yoona kept holding her hand to comfort the latter. Before Yuri entered, Yoona kneeled in front of her and cupped her cheek.

 

“Keep fighting, Yul. Don’t worry. I won’t ever leave you. I’ll be here for you,”

 

Yuri nodded and Yoona kissed her forehead. Yuri entered the room afterwards.

 

“Fighting, Yul,” Yoona closed her eyes, praying for her girl.

 

A moment later, Jessica and Tiffany came.”Has the chemo started already, Yoona?”

 

“Ne, Fany Unnie,” Yoona nodded.”She just entered the room,”

 

“Well, let’s hope the best for Yuri now,” Jessica tapped Yoona’s shoulder.

 

Yoona was about to sit on the bench, following Jessica and Tiffany, and yet, she stopped, right after she heard the scream of her girl. She immediately turned around, rushing to the door. Through the glass of the door, she saw her Yuri screaming, struggling while she received any treatment. The sight in front of was too heartbreaking for her. She really couldn’t bear to see her girl being tortured like that. She really wanted to replace Yuri’s position with hers. If she could, she’d rather to get this sickness than her girl. Her heart was hurt even more, she was unable to take a breath after she saw Yuri starting to puke because of the medicine given to her. Tears couldn't be hold anymore, slowly it rolled down on her cheek.

 

As she was busy staring at her girl, she felt a tap on her shoulder, she tilted her head, Jessica smiled to assure her. Then the blonde led the latter to sit on the bench.

 

"I know Yuri well, Yoona. She's a strong girl. I believe she'll be fine and can make it through," Tiffany rubbed Yoona's back to comfort her, and it only was responded with a weak nod by Yoona.

 

****