Chapter 16

Hide and Seek Love
Right after the bell rang, Yuri packed her stuffs, putting them into her bag. Then as she arrived at the corridor, she saw Tiffany has been waiting for her, her back facing her. She saw her talking with someone by phone. Seeing her best friend like that, she approached her slowly, as she tried not to produce the voice of steps at all. As she was right behind her, she circled her arm around her neck.
 
“Fany-yah!!” she yelled which made the latter was shocked.
 
“Yah! you startle me!” Tiffany protested and she whispered in her phone.”Let’s talk later on, okay, Babe,” then she put her phone into pocket and glared at her best friend.”You can’t make me more startle, Yuri-yah?!” she said in sarcasm yet the latter only grinned.
 
“Hehehe…” Yuri chuckled.”Who were you talking to just now, Fany-yah?” she asked with a tease face, which made Tiffany looking away, hiding her red cheeks. Tiffany’s act made Yuri more staring at her tease fully.”Was that Sica?” she continued, and it made Tiffany blushing more.
 
“Aishh! Shut up, Yuri,” Tiffany smacked Yuri’s arm, causing the latter rubbed her arm.
 
“Ehhh…don’t be too shy to me, Fany-yah. I’m your best friend, right? You can tell me whatever,” she hooked Tiffany’s arm and they walked out of the school together.
 
“So, how far is your relationship with Sica?” Yuri’s question had made her receiving a smack from the latter again.
 
“Shut up, Yuri-yah! what do you mean by that?!”
 
“Oh!” Yuri immediately covered , faking a surprise face.”Don’t tell me you two..”
 
“YAH!” this time, Tiffany smacked her harder.”Just clean up the dirty mind of yours, Yuri-yah!” Tiffany glared at her and left her best friend behind.
 
“W-wait up, Fany-yah,” Yuri ran to catch up her best friend who walked quickly. And then she saw her stopping her step, making Yuri looked at her and the direction of her eyes. She saw a blonde girl approaching her.
 
“Fany-yah,”
 
“Jessi,” Tiffany exclaimed happily as the blonde hugged her. Yuri only rolled her eyes as she saw the love birds in front of her. She wandered around, she didn’t find a figure she looked for.
 
“Sica,”
 
“Ne,” the blonde looked at the tanned-girl.
 
“Where is Yoona? you aren’t with her?”
 
“Emm…” Jessica rubbed the back of her head and replied.”I don’t know. She already wasn’t at home when I woke up. And she didn’t leave nor tell me where she went this morning,”
 
Yuri furrowed her eyebrows at her answer.”That’s really the weird of her,”
 
Jessica suddenly approached her.”Why? missing her already?”
 
Hearing the playful tone of Jessica, Yuri widened her eyes.”Ah?! Emm…a-anni,” Yuri shook her head hastily, which made Jessica and Tiffany smiling secretly.
 
“Emm...well…I…I’m gonna go to the Jinki Ahjussi’s store now. he must have been waiting for me,” Yuri said nervously as she saw the mischievous smile of her friends.
 
“Is it okay if I’m not going to accompany you, Yuri-yah?”
 
Yuri turned her head before going any further.”Ne, Fany-yah. just save your time with your lover now,” Yuri winked to her best friend which made her blushing before leaving.
 
Tiffany and Jessica looked at each other as Yuri left. Jessica wrapped her arm around Tiffany’s neck and said.”Well, where do you wanna go now, Fany baby?”
 
Tiffany blushed even more at how her lover addressed her. suddenly, a voice of her stomach was heard and Jessica chuckled as hearing that. She rubbed the stomach of Tiffany gently.
 
“C’mon. let’s have lunch together,” she kissed her lover and intertwined her finger with Tiffany’s.
 
***
 
Sighed. I placed my palm under my chin boringly. Once again, Jinki Ahjussi asked me to guard his store while he had his own business. Indeed, his business has the development to overseas which made him has to go to the overseas often.
 
However, this store was rather quiet now. Only a few people came here to buy some handicrafts. Aisshh..! I ruffled my hair as regretting why I left my needle and yarn in the house, so I couldn’t kill my boredom now. I pouted as placing my head on the table.
 
I tapped my finger several times and my closing eyes then opened as I fished my phone from the pocket. I opened the contact, scrolling down the touch screen of my phone and stopped after I saw a contact. Yoona’s number. I bit my lower lip as thinking. Should I call her to come here?
 
I was really wondering what happened to her exactly. It’s been almost three weeks we didn’t meet each other. Last time we met after we strolled the zoo and the city. After that time, I didn’t meet her, neither did she.
 
I pressed the green button to dial her number and placed my phone on my ear. Again. The answer of operator. It was inactive. Yoona…where are you now?
 
I pouted and placed my head on the table again.
 
***
 
Finally. It was the closing time of the store. I cleaned up the store and closed the door. I walked along the pathway as glancing at my watch, it was almost midnight already. Indeed in the afternoon the store was quiet, yet when the evening came, many customers came which made I had to close the store late. Hopefully Appa didn’t get mad at me for being late at home now. I quickened my pace so that I could be at home faster. Suddenly, my phone was ringing. I picked up.
 
“Yuri-yah,”
 
I was shocked as hearing the panic voice of Tiffany’s. It was really unusual she was like that.
 
“F-Fany-yah, what’s the matter?”
 
“C-can you go to the city park?”
 
“City park? When?”
 
“Right now. because…”
 
I was shocked even more as she finished her sentence.”Because I found Yoona lying down here. Seem she passed out. Hurry. I can’t bring her to the hospital now, since I’m alone, no one accompany me,”
 
My heart sank right after hearing her explanation. Yoona. What happened to her that she passed out?! My heart was beating so fast imagining something bad happened to her. Oh God, please. Hope nothing bad happened to her. I ran as fast as possible to reach the city park. The city park was rather far from my place now. luckily, though it was almost midnight already, the road I passed  by still there’re people walking by since it was Saturday. So, I wasn’t too afraid of walking along the road.
 
Finally I arrived at the city park. I wandered around, searching for Tiffany’s place. I walked around, I found many couple sitting on the benches, enjoying their night.
 
I kept walking around, trying to find where Tiffany was at. Yoona’s image then flashed into my mind. I shook my head hastily to erase my bad mind of her.
 
Damn it! I’ve walked around the park yet I didn’t find them at all. Where are they exactly now? sweats flew out of my face due to running along the road just now. I headed to the blossoms and sat on the bench near it to regain my steady breath. My gaze wandered around and still, I didn’t find them. I fished my pocket to take my phone. I was about to dial Tiffany’s number when suddenly the loud voice was heard. The sound of fireworks. I looked up at the sky, the fireworks were coloring the night sky. I looked at the sky in amusement.
 
“Woahh..there’s fireworks party to-“
 
I couldn’t continue my word as Tiffany and Jessica suddenly came approaching me with a cake on Tiffany’s hands.
 
“Saengil chukha hamnida..saengil chukha hamnida…saranghaneun Yuri..saengil chukha hamnida…”
 
I covered my mouth in shock as they approached me. I then tried to recall what today was and finally I remembered that today was my birthday already. Tears of happiness almost came out of my eyes as they stood in front of me.
 
“Blow the candles, Yuri-yah,” Tiffany said and I obeyed her. I closed my eyes as I made a wish and blew the candles. Suddenly, I then remembered the reason I came here for.
 
“Fany-yah…Where is Yoona? did you say if sh”
 
“Sshh…calm down, Yuri-yah,” Jessica held my shoulder to erase the panic of mine.”There’s still another gift for you,”
 
Then, the music was played and my eyes went wide as I saw the Mickey Mouse clown coming out.  It danced dorkily according to the music. Sometimes it was out of the beat of the music which made me laughing heartily. As the music was near the end, it approached me and gave me a big box wrapped by the gift wrap. On the wrap, there was a piece of paper written DON’T OPEN IT YET!
 
I looked at the clown in wondering, Its back faced me. It opened the mask, revealing someone inside. It turned around and finally I could recognize who the one inside was.
 
“Yoona!”
 
She smiled sweetly as I exclaimed in surprise. I ran to her and hugged her tightly. I poured out my emotions, since I missed her already for not meeting her almost three weeks.
 
“Where have you been? Don’t you know I’ve called your phone and looked for you?”
 
“I’m sorry, Unnie. I intentionally disappeared myself from you to prepare all of these,” with a hand of the Mickey clown, she rubbed my back gently. She whispered in my ear.”Happy birthday, Unnie,”
 
 We broke the hug and I nodded as smiling.”Thank you, Yoong,”
 
I turned around, finding my best friend and her lover smiled mischievously. I knew that they were involved in this plan. I approached them hastily and glared at her.
 
“Yah! did you plan all of these with Yoona?!”
 
“Sorry, Yuri-yah,” Tiffany grinned as raising two fingers of hers, a sign of peace.
 
“Yeah, we helped Yoona so her plan would be working successfully,” Jessica added as her arm wrapped Tiffany’s waist.
 
“Aisshh!” I muttered under my breath as they kept smiling.
 
“Anyway, Unnie,” Yoona interrupted and I couldn’t hold my giggle as seeing her still with the clothes of Mickey clown.”I still have a gift for you,”
 
“Another gift?” I asked in surprise and she nodded. She took the clothes of Mickey clown off.
 
“This is…” she said as taking her guitar. She sat on the chair on stage of the park. Right after she went up to the stage, people in park staring at her confusingly.
 
“Ehmm…” she coughed lightly as checking the sound of microphone.”Hello Guys…everybody. Sorry for bothering you,” she said as glancing at the people around her and at us. As our eyes met, she smiled sweetly.”Actually, today is very special day for the girl sitting on the chair over there,”
 
As she pointed at my place, the people stared at me and I looked down shyly.
 
“Today is her birthday. The fireworks just now are one of my birthday gifts for her. And now, I’ve prepared another gift for her,” she looked at me and continued.”Yuri Unnie, I’ve composed a special song for you. this song also representatives my feeling for you. Hope you like it,”
 
She started to play her guitar and the beautiful melody was coming out of the strings played by Yoona expertly.
 
 
You are so perfect
To me you are so gorgeous
You make me adore you ever
In every step I take
I’ll always think about you
I can’t imagine my live without your love
 
Don’t you ever leave me
I couldn’t face it all alone
Only with you I can do everything
 
You are my blood
You are my heartbeat
You are my life, my complement
Oh my love you are so perfect
Perfect
 
You hold my hand
When I’m down and powerless
You whisper words to kiss away my regret
 
Don’t you ever leave me
I couldn’t face it all alone
Only with you I can do everything
 
You are my blood
You are my heartbeat
You are my life, my complement
Oh my love you are so perfect
Perfect
(just assume this song was composed by Yoona ;P . this is fict after all xD)
 
 
Right after the song ended, she got down the stage and walked approaching me. she held the both of my hands and her eyes looked at me deeply.
 
“Yuri Unnie, you know, ever since I re-met you, I really couldn’t stop thinking of you even for a sec. Your image always haunted me, every second, every hour, every day. Not even in every single night, I could get rid you off of my mind. You always make my life happy whenever I spend my time together with you. I realize that I’ve fallen deeper and deeper for you. So, Yuri Unnie,” she paused for awhile to take a breath.
 
“Now, you can tear the warp and take the thing inside,”
 
I obeyed her word, I torn the wrap and opened the box. My eyes went wide in surprise right after I saw the Mickey doll hugging a heart which was written WOULD YOU BE MINE?
 
I then looked at her in surprise right after reading it. Her eyes still stared at me deeply and softly.
 
“Well, I guess you’ve already known my intention now. So, what is your answer?”
 
My tears then rolled down on my cheeks, feeling touched by what she did to me. I heard people around me shouting like…accept her, woa..what a romantic girl, accept that girl hurriedly.
 
Without wasting my time, I immediately nodded, accepting her as my girlfriend. Her eyes went wide in surprise and her lips turned into wide smile in happiness.
 
“Thank you, Unnie..! thank you,” she hugged me tightly as lifting my body a few inches and swinging me around.
 
“Yah, Yoona, put me down,”
 
She stopped swinging and chuckled.”Sorry, I was just too happy, Unnie,”
 
I looked at her and glanced at the clothes of Mickey lying on the ground. I chuckled as I remembered her wearing those. I smiled and leaned to her before whispering.”You looked so cute while being the Mickey clown, Yoong. Hopefully you can wear it everyday,”
 
She immediately looked at me as I .”YAH! what do you mean, Unnie?!”
 
----------------------------------
 
 
yeah..finally Yoong confessed..
what do you think?
the song actually is sung by Andra and The Backbone (Indonesian singer)
i really love that song, so i used it for my story..^^