Chapter 28

Hide and Seek Love

hi guys..i'm back..hehehe

so sorry for late update and i hope you guys still can enjoy it..^^

-------------------------------------------------

 

Jessica and Tiffany were sitting side by side while Tiffany's parents were sitting across them. They were having dinner together as having chit chat.
 
"So, you are Jessica Jung?" Mr. Hwang asked as he stared at the blonde's face sharply behind his sunglasses, which made her looking at him hesitatently.
 
"N-ne, Mr. Hwang,"
 
"So you are Tiffany's girlfriend?" This time Mrs. Hwang asked her.
 
"Ne, Mrs. Hwang," Jessica nodded slightly. To be honest, she was still so nervous  facing Mr. And Mrs. Hwang, but as she felt her hand being intertwined by her girl who was sitting right next to her, she was calm a bit.
 
"Are u really serious with Tiffany, Jessica-ssi?"
 
Again, Mr. Hwang's question made her feeling nervous even more. She inhaled secretly to ease her nervousness and replied firmly."Of course I am, Mr. Hwang. I'm really really serious with Tiffany," she glanced at her girl sitting beside her then continued."She's my life. I'd rather to die than living without her. So.." She stood and bowed 90 degrees to Tiffany's parents."I hope, you can accept our relationship. I promise, I'll do anything to make her happy, and I'll try my best to protect her,"
 
Mrs. Hwang smiled as she saw Jessica bowing in front of her. She stood and approached her."No need to bow like that, Jessica-ssi. Just back to your seat now,"
 
With that, Jessica sat back on her seat, and they continued having dinner. After dinner finished, Jessica help Mrs. Hwang and Tiffany cleaning up the table and the dishes.
 
As Jessica spent times with Mr. And Mrs. Hwang, she still couldn't read their decision, whether they would accept her as Tiffany's girlfriend or not.When Jessica was about to go home, Tiffany talked to her parents, telling them if she wanted to stay at Jessica's place. Now, Jessica drove her car, going home, with Tiffany sitting on passenger seat.
 
"Jessi,"
 
"Hmm," Jessica replied as she kept focusing on driving.
 
"Why are you so quiet? You didn't talk to me ever since we exited my house. What happened?"
 
"Tiff," Jessica stopped her car and looked down."I think...I think I'm failed to convince your parents. They seemed not to like me to be your girl,"
 
"Why do you say that, Jessi? How could you think that my parents didn't like you?"
 
"Just...feel it,"
 
Tiffany merely smiled and lifted her girl's head, her eyes looked into hers.
 
"Then just stop to feel that okay,"
 
Jessica frowned at her remark.
 
"Because, your feeling wasn't right. You knew that I was talking to mom and dad before you were about to go home, didn't you?" And after Jessica nodded, Tiffany continued.
 
"Actually, we were talking about us. And they said..."
 
"They said what, Tiff?" Jessica asked curiously.
 
"They said if....they accepted our relationship. When they saw you, they immediately knew that you're the best one for me,"
 
"Jinjja,.Tiff?!"
 
After Tiffany nodded firmly, Jessica hugged her excitedly that made the latter unable to breath.
 
"C-can't breathe, Jess,"
 
Jessica immediately pulled away and grinned."Sorry. I just..was too happy because of what you told to me," she reached for Tiffany's hands and kissed them lightly."Tiff, I promise, I'll do anything to make you happy. I won't let anything hurt you. I'll always protect you,"
 
***
 
Jessica and Tiffany walked hand in hand happily toward apartment, after the blonde parked her car in the parking lot. As they opened the door, they were shock right after seeing Yuri lied down on the floor with bloody nose and Yoona was next to her, trying to wake her up.
 
"Oh my God, Yuri-yah!"
 
Tiffany and Jessica immediately rushed to them."What happened to her, Yoona?"
 
"I don't know, Sica Unnie. She suddenly collapsed when we were having a talk," Yoona replied still in panic. She couldn't hold her tears anymore at the thought of her girl's condition.
 
"Seungri," Tiffany mumbled, making the latter frowned confusedly."I'll call Seungri to prepare everything for her. Yoona, Jessi, hurry! Let's bring Yuri to the hospital!"
 
And with that, they rushed to the hospital, bringing the fainted girl to the hospital. Yuri was on Yoong's lap.
 
"Yul, hang on. Don't leave me. I can't live without you," Yoona thought as her tears kept flowing.
 
***
 
Yuri was lying on the stretcher as the nurses pushed it with Yoona, Jessica, and Tiffany followed them behind. They kept praying for the fainted girl, hoping that nothing happened to her.
 
"Sorry, Ms. You can't get in," a nurse stopped Yoona who wanted to enter the emergency room.
 
"B-but she needs me. I have to get in to accompany her,” as Yoona kept insisting to enter, Tiffany led her to sit on the bench. She sat between Tiffany and Jessica, she face-palmed herself, as her tears kept flowing, too afraid at the thought of something bad would happen to her precious girl. Tiffany and Jessica held her shoulders to comfort her. They could feel her shoulder was shaking, as a sign that she was crying silently.
 
“Ssshh..calm down, Yoona. Yuri will be fine. Don’t worry,” Jessica said calmly as she rubbed the latter’s back gently.
 
“I-I’m afraid of losing her, Unnies. I don’t want anything bad happen to her,”
 
“She will be alright, Yoona. Relax, okay,” the blonde put the latter on her embrace. Tiffany her hair gently.
 
After awhile on waiting, the door was opened, revealing a doctor came out of the room. Yoona immediately approached him hastily.
 
“How is she, Doc?”
 
“May I know who you are, Ms.?”
 
“I’m Yoona, her girlfriend,”
 
The doctor glanced at Tiffany who was standing behind Yoona before he shifted his gaze again to the doe-eyed girl. He let out a sigh.
 
“Okay, Yoona-ssi. Can you come with me? There’s something I want to talk to with you,”
 
With that, Yoona followed him to his room and as they arrived, Yoona took a seat across the doctor. Yoona was surprised as she just realized his name on his nametag on the table. Choi Seungri. He seemed to notice the surprise on Yoona’s face, so he decided to break the silence between them.
 
“I’m Choi Seungri, but Seungri only is fine for me,”
 
As soon as Yoona knew his name, she remained silent, and her jealousy that attacked before was coming out again.
 
“I know your name. So, you are Seungri. Tell me the truth, what kind of relationship do you have between Yuri and you? I caught her often, talking to you by phone, and texting,”
 
“Woa, relax, Yoona-ssi,” Seungri raised his hands, but his voice stayed calm.”The thing you need now, I’m just her doctor. Well, yeah, I must admit that I was her high school friend, and I had a crush on her,”
 
Yoona clutched her fists as he mentioned about a ‘crush’ thing. However, she let him to continue his words anyway.
 
“I was quiet surprised, after years, we met again. She came to me for examining herself,”
 
“Examining her? What happened to Yuri exactly?”
 
“Well,” Seungri let out a sigh then continued.”When first time she came to me, she said if she often got headache. Her eyes often got blurry. After that, finally I ran a test for her, she got medical check-up, the result was really shocking us,”
 
Yoona’s heart started to pound faster after he said those words.”The result?”
 
Seungri nodded.”The result of her medical check-up told us that she got….” He took the breath deeply.”Brain cancer and it’s on the last stage already,”
 
Yoona’s world shattered on pieces right after hearing his remark. She shook her head in denial as her tears were flowing anymore.”No, no. it can’t be. It can’t be!! NO!!!”
 
“Both of us also didn’t believe it. But after we ran the test for thrice, the result was still same. Injury on her head she had before, causing her to get this sickness,”
 
“Injury?”
 
Seungri nodded.”When she was asked about that, she told me that she’d ever got into an accident before. I got this information also from her former doctor, and he said that indeed her head only got a slight injury, but, she still had to be checked once in a week. He told that thing to her father. However, when I asked her, she said if she didn’t know that she had to be checked, and that was why she didn’t do that. As time passed by, her injury got worse that she got brain cancer,”
 
“Wait. Did you just mention her father? Did her father know that she had to be examined once a week, and yet, he didn’t do it?!”
 
Yoona clutched her fists in anger at the thought of Yuri’s father. If only her father did what doctor said, Yuri wouldn’t get this sickness.
 
“Actually, Yuri usually had come to me only to examine herself. And she also said that she didn’t want anyone except me and Tiffany about her sickness,”
 
“Wait, Tiffany?!” again, for nth times already Yoona got shocked.
 
Seungri nodded again.”Yeah. Her friend, Tiffany has known about her sickness already. In her first time coming here, she was with Tiffany. And she also begged her not to tell anyone, especially you, Yoona. She didn’t want you to worry about her,”
 
***
 
Tiffany and Jessica were still sitting down on the bench, waiting for Yoona and Seungri. Their eyes looked at Yoona who was opening the door of Seungri’s room, and they approached her.
 
“How is Yuri’s condition, Yoona? What did he say?” Jessica asked, eagerly to know about Yuri’s condition. Yoona looked at Tiffany who was standing beside her girl.
 
“Fany Unnie, why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t you tell me the truth? You knew her sickness already, didn’t you?”
 
Jessica immediately looked at her girl confusedly who was looking down only.
 
“Unnie,”
 
“T-Tiff,”
 
Tiffany looked up finally, her tears were rolling down.”I’m sorry, Yoona. I’m sorry. Yuri asked me not to tell her sickness to you. She decided to hide her sickness so that you wouldn’t worry about her. I really really wanted to tell you, but I’d promised to her, so I couldn’t. I’m sorry,”
 
“Wait, Tiff, Yoona. Actually, what’s really happened here? What happened to Yuri exactly? Tell me!”
 
“It’s all because of her stepfather,” Yoona mumbled angrily.”Yuri wouldn’t get this sickness, if he did what doctor said to him. I’m gonna teach him a lesson,”
 
“W-wait, Yoona!” As Yoona dashed out of the hospital, Tiffany and Jessica ran, trying to catch her up.
 
------------------
 
 
 
hmmm...?