Chapter 4

Hide and Seek Love
I woke up due to the ringing on alarm of my phone. I reached for it and turned off the ringing. Right after that, I took a bath and dressed up. I looked at my reflection on mirror as I brushed my long hair. Then I put my stuffs, books into my bag and walked out of room with carrying my bag. I didn’t bother to have breakfast since I knew I was late already. So, I just got out of the house and walked along pathway. As I walked, there’s someone called me from behind. I turned around and saw my friend running to me as panting.
 
“Yah! I’ve been calling you since you walked out of your house, but you didn’t stop walking at all. Are you deaf or something, Yul?” she placed her hands on her knees as trying to catch her breath.
 
I only grinned as my response.”Sorry, Tiff. I was in a hurry. I’m afraid of being late this morning. Furthermore, I wanted to arrive at school before my dad cal-“
 
“YURI-YAH!”
 
I closed my eyes as a voice cut my word. Then I turned around, seeing a man with moustache approached me.
 
“Where do you think you’re going now?”
 
“Of course I’m gonna go to school, Appa,” I replied in frustration.
 
“Without making me some breakfast??”
 
“I’m sorry, Appa. I can’t. Can you just make breakfast by yourself this morning? I’m late already now,”
 
“Tsk!” he scoffed.”You shouldn’t have waken late this morning,”
 
“I know. But what to do? well, are you done? I’m late now,” I glanced at my watch.
 
“What time your school is gonna be over today?”
 
“Around 1 pm,”
 
“Ok,” he looked at me sharply.”Our food supplies have been empty. You have to buy them after school,”
 
“Arrasseo. Arrasseo,” I nodded.”Well, may we go now, Appa?”
 
After he nodded, Tiffany and I walked along pathway together to our school.
 
“Geez! What kind of father is he, Yul? can’t he just take care of himself without bothering you?” I heard my bestfriend muttering.
 
I smiled before I replied.”Well. That’s my stepfather, Tiff. You must understand him. He indeed is such a jerk to me,”
 
“Can’t you just leave from his house now, Yul? I’m so worried about you if you keep living with him. He’s just unemployment for the sake of heaven. He lives with relying on you. He’s being lazy at home meanwhile you work so hard to live,” Tiffany’s voice was full of concerns.
 
“Well,” I smiled as I glanced at her.”I know that, Tiff. But what to do? I can’t live alone till my 20th birthday. That’s why, I have been waiting for my birthday which was nearing already,”
 
“Yeah. I have been waiting for that day too, Yul. Since I knew right after that day, you can be free from him eventually,”
 
After that, we kept talking many random things till we arrived at our school, Soshi University.
 
***
 
Tiffany and I are 3rd year student of Soshi University and we took same faculty yet different major. We both studied at faculty of art, Tiffany at fine arts, meanwhile I was at arts crafts since knitting was my hobby.
 
I was knitting a wallet which was made by yarn busily while my professor approached me. She looked at my almost-done handmade intensely before she smiled.
 
“Well done, Yuri-yah. you indeed have the magical hand that you can make the beautiful handmade just like this,” as she praised me, I looked up and smiled.
 
“Thank you, Professor Jiyoung. Actually I’m not that good,” I replied shyly. Then she patted my back and wandered the class after that.
 
After two hours, finally my class was over. I put my bag on shoulder and walked out of classroom. As usual, I saw Tiffany at the door way, waiting for me. Then, we walked together.
 
“Hey, Yul. where are we going now?”
 
“Like usual, Tiff. I’m gonna go to Jinki Ahjussi’s store. I wanna put my handicraft at there,”
 
“Ok then. Let me accompany you,”
 
After awhile in walking, finally we arrived at Handicraft Store of Jinki Ahjussi. He greeted me kindly as we met him.
 
“Emm, Ahjussi. Actually I made these to be put here. Hope you can sell them,” I handed him my handicraft; the wallet, the glass coaster and the ring which all were made by yarn.
 
“Oh, thank you, Yuri-yah. of course, I will. Your handicrafts are really good. Many customers want them, and even a few of them ordered your handicraft. Here’s the list,” after he put my handicraft inside, he handed me a piece of paper.
 
I read it and my eyes went wide. The list was long, about 20 handicrafts that I have to make for two days later. It’s really good opportunity to me, to earn much money.
 
“And, this is your profit after selling your handicraft here,” then he handed me the money.
 
“Woah, thank you, Ahjussi. Thank you so much,” I received it and bowed repeatedly.
 
After that, Tiffany and I left from his store, walking along pathway together again.
 
“I didn’t expect that my handicraft would earn money this much, Tiff,” I said happily as I counted the money.”I’m so lucky,”
 
“Well, Yul,” she patted my shoulder.”You aren’t lucky. You are talented, especially in art craft,”
 
I looked at my bestfriend before putting my arm around her shoulder.”You are talented in fine art too, Tiff,”
 
“Well, where are we going now, Yul?”
 
“Let’s go to market. I’m gonna buy the food supplies now,”
 
“Ok then,”
 
Then, we headed to the nearest market to buy the food supplies.
 
***
 
-Tiffany’s POV-
 
I really saluted of Yuri, my bestfriend. Despite she only has stepfather in her life and he’s always being harsh to her, she kept living happily and cheerfully. She’s really an independent person. She made the handicraft, sold it and earned the money to fulfill her daily needs. Luckily, she’s a smart student, so she could continue her study without paying the school fee at all, since she got the scholarship. His stepfather was really useless, and didn’t help her life at all, instead burden her with his own daily needs.
 
After Yuri bought her food supplies, we exited the market and continued to walk together. Along the road, we had funny chit-chat and sometimes laughed together. Her face was really bright and cheerful.
 
As we walked, suddenly I saw a puppy in the middle road. The puppy was really cute with white hair. As a puppy freak, surely I approached it immediately. I kneeled next to it and rubbed it hair.
 
“Aigoo..! You’re so cute. Where is your owner by the way?” I it in amusement as I turned my gaze around to find its owner.
 
“YAH, Fany-yah! Ppali! What are you doing there?” I turned my head to look at Yuri who was standing in pathway.
 
“Wait a sec, Yuri-yah,” I held the puppy then carried it on my arms. Just as I was about to walk to pathway, suddenly I heard Yuri shouting.
 
“FANY-YAH! WATCH OUT!!”
 
I looked at my side, a car advanced towards me on top speed. My eyes widened in shock and no matter how hard I tried to run, I couldn’t! I froze on my spot, till I felt someone had pushed me, which caused me landing on the sideway. My heart seemed to stop beating right after I realized who was pushing me. I saw Yuri lying on the ground, her head was covered by blood.
 
“YURI-YAH!!” I rushed to her as my tears fell from my eyes. I couldn’t bear seeing the state of my bestfriend. I held her head and placed it on my lap.
 
“Yuri-yah, hang on. Hang on, okay. Please, stay with me,” my eyes blurred due to the tears which kept falling. I saw her smiling, her hand touched my cheek before it fell to her side and she went unconscious.
 
“YURI-YAH!!”
 
__________________________
 
 
well..how was it? ^ ^