Chapter 18

Hide and Seek Love
Yoona, Yuri, Jessica and Tiffany enjoyed their day in apartment, having a party. After eating foods together, they spend time in the living room. They played the songs, and sang together. Sometimes they danced dorkily as singing. Feeling tired for singing, finally they decided to watch the movie. After bickering a bit about the genre of the movie they would watch, they got a deal to watch a romantic comedy, since Jessica and Tiffany reasoned that they didn’t like about the ghost thing.
 
Therefore, here they were. They settled down on the floor that was covered by a carpet, as their back leaned on the sofa. During watching the movie, Yuri always leaned her head on Yoona’s shoulder, so did Tiffany, who leaned her head on her lover, Jessica. Yoona intertwined Yuri’s fingers playfully while her other hand around Yuri’s shoulder, embracing her protectively.
 
As they watched the second movie, Yoona glanced at her lover; she covered , yawning. Yoona her head gently, softly she asked.
 
“Sleepy already, Unnie?”
 
Yuri merely nodded in response.
 
“Well,” the doe-eyed straightened her legs, held her lover’s head and placed it on her lap.”Here, just sleep now,”
 
Yuri obeyed Yoona’s word, she placed her head on her lap. Jessica and Tiffany, who were still cuddling each other, saw the scene and just smiled. They saw Yoona’s hand Yuri’s head gently, till the tanned-girl fell asleep. About five minutes, Yoona was sure that her lover had slept soundly already. She saw a figure on her lap, she stuck her tongue out as sleeping. Yoona couldn’t help but giggle lightly. Then, she fished her phone from her pocket and snapped her picture.
 
Jessica, who witnessed that, only shook her head.
 
“You are indeed such a prankster, Yoona,” Jessica uttered in disbelief.”How could you snap her picture while she’s sleeping? Tsk…tsk..tsk..”
 
Yoona put her phone on the sofa and looked at the blonde.”Wae? she’s so cute, Unnie,” she defended and stared at the sleeping girl again lovingly. Her hand her cheek gently.”She’s so cute even when sleeping. Her sleeping habit still doesn’t change apparently,” she placed her lips on her forehead and looked at two girls next to her.”When I found out her sleeping habit in the first time, when I slept over at her house, I saw it as a weird habit. I always made fun of her due to this. However, as time passed by, I already was used to it and whenever I saw her sleeping habit, I found it as her charm. I then realized, I was addicted by everything about her, included her sleeping habit,”
 
The latter was stunned by the explanation of Yoona. As they saw her kissing the sleeping girl’s forehead again, they drew a smile on their face.
 
“Oh, hey, Yoona, I just remembered something,”
 
Yoona looked at Tiffany as frowning.”What is that, Unnie?”
 
“Actually, what happened to Yuri before she moved here?”
 
“Yes, Yoona. Actually I’ve wanted to ask you about that. what happened to Yuri that made you dashing out of here in panic?” Jessica added Tiffany’s question.
 
“Emm…”
 
Jessica and Tiffany looked at the doe-eyed, waiting for her answer.
 
“She was nearly being by her own stepfather, Unnies,”
 
“What??!!” Jessica and Tiffany exclaimed in shock which made the sleeping girl stirred a bit. Realizing it, the two shock girls tried to lower their voice.
 
“I-Is that true??!” Tiffany questioned, whispering kinda harshly, since she was still shocked.
 
Yoona nodded.”Yes. When I arrived, I saw her got pinned by her stepfather. He was about to pull her pants. That scene made me really furious, and right after I saw that, I punched his face immediately. I kicked his stomach repeatedly, till he couldn’t get up anymore. After he was lying on the floor lifelessly, I saw Yuri Unnie crying, her lips trembled, and I could see the frightened on her face, which made my heart hurt. I really couldn’t bear seeing her like that,”
 
“How dare he did that to Yuri?!” Tiffany clenched her fists furiously and gritted her teeth.”He’s indeed a jerk. he’s always being a jerk to Yuri. I knew it ever since Yuri’s mom passed away. He always treated Yuri as if she was like trash,”
 
Seeing the wrath on Tiffany’s face, Jessica quickly rubbed her shoulder to calm her down. Tiffany looked at her lover and smiled slightly. She turned her gaze back to Yoona.
 
“Then, did you call the police to report it?”
 
Yoona let out a sigh and leaned her head on the sofa.”That’s the problem, Fany Unnie. When I was about to call the police, Yuri Unnie forbad me. I really didn’t understand what inside her mind, that she still could forgive that jerk and forbad me to call the police. Yuri Unnie is too nice to him,” she stared at the sleeping girl and her head gently again.
 
“She’s really too nice to that jerk. I can’t believe it,” Tiffany murmured as she shook her head in disbelief. After that, she snuggled closer to Yoona, holding her shoulders.
 
“Yoona, can you promise one thing to me?”
 
Yoona nodded, though she felt confused of Tiffany’s behavior.
 
“Promise me if you always will be there for her. Please, protect her. don’t let anything bad happen to her. Don’t ever leave her. Please always stay by her side,”
 
“Fany-yah, what’s the matter with you that you act like this?” Jessica was also confused, asked her lover.
 
“Just, I’m afraid if her stepfather meets her again, he would do same thing as before, Baby,” she turned to her girlfriend and sat beside her again.”I knew her father well, Babe. He’s a type of person that never feels regret with what happened. He never learns about his fault. I’m afraid, if one day Yuri meets him again, he would do something to her anymore,”
 
“Don’t worry, Unnie,” Yoona replied firmly.”I’ve promised her if I’ll always stay by her side. I won’t let anything bad happen to her. I won’t let that man lays a finger on her anymore. I’ll always protect her no matter what happen,” she turned to Tiffany and smiled which made the latter smiling in relief.
 
Then, they continued watching the movie till it ended already. Tiffany glanced at the clock, it’s almost dinner time already.
 
“Jessi,”
 
“Ne, Babe,” Jessica replied softly.
 
“I’m gonna go home now,”
 
“Now? but it’s almost dinner time, Babe. You don’t wanna eat together?”
 
“Of course I’d love to. But, I have to go home, since I’ve promised my parents to have dinner together tonight. Furthermore, I have an assignment for tomorrow,”
 
“Oh,” Jessica nodded in understanding.”Alright then. I’ll accompany you till you get a cab,”
 
Jessica and Tiffany then got up. Tiffany looked at Yoona.”I’m going home okay, Yoona,”
 
“Ne, Unnie,” Yoona nodded.”Be careful,”
 
Right after Tiffany took her bag and placed it on her shoulder, she walked out with being accompanied by her lover.
 
Yoona stared at the sleeping girl on her lap once again and smiled.
 
“Aigoo, Unnie..you’re really sleeping soundly,” she said as her head. She glanced at the clock.”It’s almost dinner time. I have to cook some food for us,” she held Yuri’s body, lifting her carefully bridal style and placing it on sofa gently. She took a glance once again before making her way to the kitchen for preparing dinner.
 
***
 
Yoona was busy serving the food on the dining table when she heard the scream in the living room. She hurriedly headed to the living room, she saw Yuri moving her head to the sides as screaming in frightened. As soon as Yoona saw that, she concluded that Yuri was having a nightmare. She knew what kind of her nightmare, since her lover screamed ‘please, Appa. Don’t do this. please’. She screamed those words repeatedly.
 
Seeing Yuri like that, Yoona immediately approached her. She held Yuri shoulder, lifting her to get up from her sleeping and she hugged her tightly.
 
“Ssshh, Unnie. don’t be afraid. I’m here. I’m here,” Yoona soothed her lover, as her hand her hair gently.
 
Yuri clutched Yoona’s shirt, still in frightened. She was awake already due to her nightmare. Her tears soaked Yoona’s shirt.”I-I’m afraid, Yoong. Please~ don’t leave me. Please~~. A-Appa…Appa d-did that t-t-“
 
“Ssshh! That was just a dream, Unnie. Don’t worry. that was a dream. You’re fine now. And you’ll always be, since I’m here, by your side. I won’t let anything bad happen to you. I won’t ever leave you,” Yoona hugged the crying girl tightly, reassuring her that she was there for her, protecting her. Yoona kept on hugging Yuri till the tanned-girl became calm again. Yoona then felt her falling asleep on her embrace.
 
Jessica opened the door and saw Yoona hugging her lover. As she saw the trace of tears on Yuri’s cheeks, she wondered. She approached Yoona and asked slowly.
 
“What happened, Yoona?”
 
Yoona mouthed to the blonde.”She had a nightmare about what just happened in her house,” after being sure that her lover slept soundly already, she placed her head on her lap.
 
“Poor her. She must have trauma because of her own stepfather,” Jessica said as she sat on the sofa next to her.
 
Yoona nodded weakly.”Yes. It’s all because of her stepfather,” she curled her fist into the ball furiously.
 
“Tiffany was right, Yoona. Protect her no matter what happen,”
 
“Ne, Unnie,” Yoona nodded again.”I’ll always protect her, no matter what happen. I won’t let her get hurt by anyone,”
 
------------------------------
 
 

how was it? comment..? ^^