Chapter 12

Hide and Seek Love
i was so bored..
so, i just decided on updating this story
hope my boredom isn't affecting the line of this story...>.<
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The ringing of the doorbell made Tiffany waking from her sleep. She got up from the bed, walking along the stairs slowly, heading to the downstairs. She still felt weak, her head ached badly as her cold sweats kept on flowing on her face. She opened the door, seeing the blonde girl in front of her.
 
“Jessi,” she looked at the girl in front of her. The blonde girl also looked at her.
 
“Hi, Tiff,”
 
Seeing the blonde girl, Tiffany’s heart immediately raised up quickly. She felt nervous as soon as she saw her, moreover while realizing that she only wore the pj’s.
 
“C-come in, Jess. Come in,”
 
With that, Jessica walked into the house. Tiffany still tried to hide her nervousness as she wanted to go to her room which was at upstairs to change her pj’s. But, before she could manage to climb upstairs, she felt the dizziness on her head causing her stumble a stair. She knew she was about to fall. She was waiting for the pain due to bump into the stair, but she felt a pair of arms catching her instead. She still was clueless, freezing in surprise on a pair of arms. after awhile, finally she noticed that Jessica was the one who caught her before she fell down. She looked up and their eyes met each other. Tiffany quickly stood up, releasing herself from Jessica’s arms. She looked down in embarrassment, didn’t dare to meet Jessica’s eyes.
 
“Kwaenchana?”
 
Tiffany merely nodded, still looked down. Jessica held the sick-girl’s shoulders.
 
“You should be careful climbing upstairs, okay. What if I wasn’t able to catch you?”
 
Tiffany could feel the concern in Jessica’s tone in her cold tone. Slowly she looked up, seeing the blonde girl.”M-mianhae,”
 
Jessica let out a sigh before she held Tiffany’s hand, leading her to sit on the sofa in living room.”Just sit here. You don’t have to change your dress only I meet you now,”
 
Tiffany’s eyes went wide as Jessica said that. She wondered where the blonde girl knew that she was about to change her pj’s. Jessica’s eyes wandered around, finding she didn’t meet anyone except the sick-girl.
 
“Are you alone? where’s the other?”
 
“Mmm?” Tiffany lifted her eyebrows.
 
“You’re sick yet alone now. Don’t you have anyone to accompany you here?”
 
“Oh,” finally Tiffany got what Jessica meant.”I’m the one and only child here, Jessi. My parents are in countryside for working. Practically I’m alone here,”
 
“So, you’re sick yet being alone in home?”
 
“I’m used to it, Jessi. I just got the light sickness after all. I’ve told my parents if I got the Thypus Symptoms and went to the doctor already. They said would be back right after their job done already,”
 
“How could you get this sickness, Tiff? Why could you have been so careless?”
 
“Doctor said I was too tired and forced myself to do anything. I barely ate since I was too busy studying for my exam,” Tiffany replied weakly. As she replied, Jessica looked at the sick-girl, she looked so pale.
 
“You should think of your health from now on, Tiff. Your doctor is right,”
 
Tiffany merely nodded as Jessica told her that. suddenly, she just noticed something.
 
“Omo! This is really the rude of me. I hadn’t given you some drink yet at all. I guess I’ll take you it,” just as Tiffany was about to go to the kitchen, Jessica stopped her by grabbing the eye-smile girl’s hand.
 
“Just sit here. I don’t feel thirsty at all now furthermore,”
 
Tiffany then sat on the sofa again.
 
“Have you taken your medicine yet?”
 
Tiffany nodded.”Yes. right after lunch I took it,”
 
“What??!” Jessica exclaimed, making the latter shocked.
 
“M-mwo?”
 
“Tiff, don’t you realize that it’s almost dinner time already? Have you eaten dinner?”
 
Tiffany shook her head innocently, causing the latter sigh in frustration.”Aigoo! You didn’t think of your health at all apparently. You should have had dinner and taken your medicine already,” Jessica looked at the sick girl then stood up.”Fine,”
 
“W-what do you want, Jess?”
 
“I wanna make the porridge for you so that you can take your medicine,” Jessica replied as she walked to the kitchen.
 
“It doesn’t necessary, Jessi. Really,” Tiffany grabbed Jessica’s hand, causing the later turned to look at her.
 
“Yes, it does. Now, just sit on sofa, waiting for your dinner,” right after Jessica commanded coldly, Tiffany finally defeated. She walked to the living room again, lying down on the sofa.
 
***
 
Tiffany felt someone poking her cheek. She slowly opened her eyes, finding the blonde girl kneeled next to sofa with a bowl of porridge on the tray. Tiffany quickly sat up and Jessica sat next to her.
 
“Let me feed you,” Jessica took a spoonful of porridge, was about to feed the sick girl yet she got rejected by the sick girl’s hand which grabbed her hand.
 
“I can eat by myself, Jess. No need to feed me,” Tiffany said as she took a bowl from Jessica’s lap. But, Jessica quickly snatched it back.
 
“No! You just rest. I’ll feed you,” as Jessica insisted, Tiffany gave in again. She let the blonde girl feeding her. She munched a spoonful of porridge for awhile and swallowed it. She felt strange with the taste. She covered , winced.
 
“It’s….it’s so salty….”
 
Jessica’s eyes went wide. Tiffany quickly took a glass of water on the table and drank it.
 
“Hah, jinja?!”
 
“Just try by yourself,” said Tiffany after gulping the water. Jessica who didn’t believe what Tiffany said, took a spoonful of porridge. Immediately she threw the spoon and squealed.
 
“Yuck! You’re true. It’s too salty. Mianhae,”
 
Tiffany looked at the blonde before laughing.”Aigoo. seems someone couldn’t cook really well,” she said in tease tone. Jessica immediately glared at her, which made the latter stopped laughing and making fun of her. but, after that, Jessica looked at Tiffany with the softened eyes.
 
“M-Mianhae, Tiff. Indeed you’re true. I’m not good in cooking,”
 
Tiffany couldn’t stand seeing Jessica who felt guilty. Then she tried to light up the atmosphere.
 
“Don’t say that, Jess. Just forget it. furthermore, we still can fix this porridge with being added by some water, so the saltiness will disappear,” Tiffany patted her shoulder as getting up. she didn’t know why, but suddenly she didn’t feel the dizziness on her head at all anymore. both of them went to kitchen to fix the porridge.
 
***
 
After having dinner in a restaurant, Yoona and Yuri walked along the pathway together as the younger girl took the older girl home. Sometimes in walking, they ran, chasing each other playfully and they ended laughing together. Finally, they arrived at in front of Yuri’s house.
 
“Well, we arrived now, Unnie,”
 
The younger girl looked at the older, she saw the hesitation on her face to enter the house. Yoona then approached her.
 
“Don’t worry, Unnie. he won’t scold you. furthermore you’ve brought the dinner to him now,” Yoona pointed at the plastic bag which was filled with a box of rice and bacon.
 
“B-but, still-“
 
Yuri even couldn’t finish her sentence as the yell was heard by her. She closed her eyes, feeling her father walked approaching her. She turned around, seeing the raging man in front of her.
 
“Yuri-yah!! where have you been??! Don’t you know I’ve been waiting for you??! You should have come home in evening and made the dinner for me! but what happened now??! you just was too busy with your own business! You’re such an ungrateful child!!”
 
Yuri merely looked down as her dad scolded her like a trash. Yoona quickly approached them, standing in front of Yuri to protect her.
 
“Never ever scold her anymore!” Yoona said in slow yet firm tone.
 
“Geez! Even you dare to be against me! who are you?! I’m her dad and you have no right to set neither my nor her life,” Yuri’s father responded in sarcasm.
 
“Unnie, come in and go to your room now,” Yoona turned a bit, commanding the older girl.
 
“B-but-“
 
“Come in, now!”
 
With that, Yuri entered the house, leaving her father and Yoona at outside house.
 
“Yuri-yah!! I’m not done yet with you!!” Yuri’s father was about to enter, chasing after Yuri, but Yoona quickly grabbed his hand. She grabbed him by the collar. Her eyes glared at his sharply.
 
“Never ever scold her anymore! I won’t let you lay a finger on her. If you dare to do that anymore, if I see a single bruise on her body, I make sure, you’re gonna ended up in the jail to have abused her,” Yoona hissed as looking at his eyes sharply.”Remember, you’re ONLY her stepfather. Many cases of abusing are caused by the stepfather. And I don’t doubt if the police will arrest you right after I report if you’ve abused your own stepdaughter,”
 
Yuri’s dad immediately gulped in frightened right after hearing that. Yoona then released her grip and left.
 
***
 
“Where have you been, Unnie?” Yoona asked Jessica who just came home as drying her long hair off by the towel.
 
“I-I was…”
 
“I was…” Yoona lifted her eyebrows, waiting for the older girl’s answer, though she already knew it. She just wanted to make fun of her. She smirked mischievously secretly as she saw the nervousness on Jessica.
 
“I was going out to look for some fresh air,” Jessica replied right after finding an answer.
 
“Fresh air, huh?” Yoona slumped her on the couch, still looking at the older girl tease fully.
 
“Yah! what’s with that face?! I really went to look for some fresh air,” Jessica quickly headed to her room, slamming the door behind her.
 
As Yoona saw that, she only chuckled and shook her head in disbelief. She opened the magazine and read it. Suddenly, an idea popped into her mind.
 
“Yah, Unnie!” Yoona called from living room.
 
“Ne!” Jessica replied in her room.
 
“Are you free in next weekend?” Yoona flipped the pages of magazine.
 
“Why?” Jessica opened the door, standing in the doorway.”Why do you ask?”
 
“Well,” the doe-eyed put the magazine on her lap, and looked at the icy-girl.”What if we go to the amusement park? Ever since we’d stayed here, we haven’t visited that place yet,”
 
“Up to you,” with that, Jessica entered her room again.
 
Right after Jessica did that, Yoona smirked.
 
----------------------------------------