Chapter 30

Hide and Seek Love
 
Yoona was staring at sleeping Yuri, she brushed her cheek with her fingertips gently. Since Yuri finished to get chemo, she never left her, even for a second. She always ignored Jessica and Tiffany's suggestion to grab some food which made them giving up to tell her and decided to buy some food, asking the younger girl to eat inside room instead.
 
Slowly, Yuri opened her eyes, and found her girl smiling at her lovingly.
 
"Welcome back, Yul," Yoona kissed her hand lightly.
 
Yuri only smiled in response as her girl did that. And yet, her smile disappeared all of a sudden as she felt a weird feeling attacking her, and Yoona seemed to notice it. Yoona quickly took a basin, holding it in front of Yuri's face, and soon, Yuri started to puke over it.
 
Seeing her own girl like that, really made Yoona wanting to cry really hard. She couldn't bear seeing her suffered because of her sickness. If she could, she wanted to change Yuri's position with hers.
 
However, no matter how much Yoona wanted to cry, she couldn't cry in front of her girl, so, she blinked her tears back and rubbed Yuri's back gently as her girl was puking.
 
After Yuri finished, Yoona laid her down again very gently. Yuri looked at her girl who was busy her hair. Suddenly she shed a tear and Yoona saw it.
 
"Yul, why are you crying? Do you feel hurt? Are your head hurt again?"
 
Yuri shook her head weakly."No, Yoong. It's just..."
 
Yoona looked at her girl, waiting for her answer.
 
"You...when I looked at you my hair.."
 
"Hmmm...?"
 
Yuri took a breath deeply before she continued."You must have known already that chemo will remove my hair. That's why I didn't want to get chemo before. I'm gonna be bald soon which make you're unable to my hair anymore. I'm..." Her voice cracked up."I'm gonna be ugly,"
 
"Sshh..." Yoona soothed the crying girl as she placed her girl on her embrace."Don't think that, Yul. Never ever think that. I don't care, you're gonna be bald or not. For me, you're still gorgeous and beautiful, as ever,"
 
Yoona kissed Yuri's head lovingly to comfort her.
 
"I'll always love you, Yul. No matter what, you’re the girl I love, and nobody can change it,” Yoona shed a tear as she said that, and yet, she quickly wiped it before her girl noticed it. She pulled away, and held Yuri’s shoulder, her eyes looked at Yuri’s deeply.”You gotta trust me, okay, Yul. Never ever think that you’ll be ugly. The most important thing for me now is your health. I just wanna see you to be healthy anymore, recovering from your sickness,” her soft thumbs brushed the latter’s eyes, wiping her tears away gently.
 
***
 
A month already Yuri stayed at hospital, chemo and radiotherapy had been given to her that only made her puking right after she got those treatments, and Yuri started to feel really sick of them. Everytime she was about to get the treatments, she really wanted to give up on her sickness, however, when she saw her girl, Yoona, always being there for her every single time, every single day, she felt kinda strong.
 
“Yoong,” Yuri called her girl’s name which was greeted by an angelic smile of her girlfriend sitting on the chair next to bed.
 
“Yes, Yul,”
 
“I wanna go to the restroom,”
 
Yoona them wrapped her arm around Yuri’s body, lifting her to be able to stand up, and led her to the restroom. Yuri entered and Yoona waited for her at outside.
 
Yuri looked at her reflection on the mirror and got surprised by it. She couldn’t hold her tears anymore. ’I look so pathetic now. I’m skinny, my bone cheeks is seen, pale lips, and my hair…’ she her hair and her tears streamed swifter.’My hair is falling. I’m…I’m really gonna be bald…’ she broke down, face-palmed, and cried harder.
 
Yoona was at outside, hearing a sobs from the restroom, immediately entered. She rushed to her girl that was crying harder.
 
“Yul...Yul…” Yoona kneeled down and hugged the crying girl.”Why are you crying…?”
 
“I look so pathetic now, Yoona. Look at me. I’m not as beautiful as before. Look at the floor, hair are everywhere. Those are mine, Yoona. I’m…I’m gonna be bald,” she cried even harder which made Yoona tightening her hug.
 
“SShhh…I told you that I didn’t care, Yul. It’s okay that you’re gonna be bald. Your hairs will grow again anyway after you finish getting the treatments, right? So, just let’s forget about your hair and you gotta focus on your health, okay,” Yoona landed her lips on Yuri’s forehead gently and pulled her, leading her to the bed again.
 
***
 
Yuri was busy knitting handicraft brought by Tiffany, with Tiffany accompanied her, while Yoona and Jessica was going home for a while to take Yoona and Yuri’s needs. Yuri and Tiffany were having chit chat happily, talking random things and laughing.
 
“Fany-yah,” Yuri said as her hands were busy knitting.
 
“Hmm..?” Tiffany responded happily as placing her chin on her hand.
 
“Do you wanna grant my wish?”
 
“Your wish?” Tiffany frowned and Yuri nodded.
 
“Yeah, my wish. And it’ll probably be the last wish of mine,”
 
Tiffany was shocked by Yuri’s remark.”What do you mean by your last wish?! Don’t say that, Yuri-yah,”
 
Yuri stopped knitting and looked at her friend’s eyes.”Please, Fany-yah,” Yuri begged which made her friend starting to shed tear, however, she tried to hold it so her friend wouldn’t notice it.
 
“Fany-yah…”
 
“What’s that, Yuri-yah? What’s your wish?” Tiffany finally broke her silence.
 
Yuri smiled lightly at Tiffany’s word.”If i wouldn’t ever be able to finish this handicraft, please, finish it and give it to Yoong, okay,”
 
“What? Me?”
 
Yuri nodded.”Maybe, I was too selfish that wanted to give her two handicrafts without thinking of my real condition,” Yuri smiled weakly and looked at her friend again.”And please, if I wouldn’t ever be able to finish this one, please finish it for me,”
 
Tiffany was being stared by her friend which made her nodding eventually.”Okay. I’ll do that, Yuri-yah,”
 
“Gomawo, Fany-yah. You’re indeed my best friend. The greatest friend of mine ever,” Yuri hugged her girl tightly, and Tiffany knew that that time was the best time for her to shed her tears. When Yuri pulled away, she quickly wiped it.
 
Yuri sighed.”Okay. despite you’ve promised me already, I still wanna to finish it. It’s about to finish after all,” Yuri sharpened her eyes to start knitting again. And yet, when she was about to knit, she dropped her almost-done handicraft on her lap. Her eyes went wide in shock.
 
“Yuri-yah, what’s wrong?” Tiffany asked worriedly, seeing her best friend held her right hand.
 
“M-My hand…” Yuri’s tears started to fall.
 
“What’s wrong with your hand?!”
 
“I can’t move it. I can’t move my right hand, Fany-yah,”
 
“Oh my God. Seungri-yah…!” Tiffany immediately rushed to the outside, looking for Seungri.
 
***
 
“What happened? What happened to Yuri, Fany Unnie?” as soon as Yoona and Jessica arrived at the hospital, Yoona bombarded Tiffany with the questions.”How is she? Is she alright?”
 
“I don’t know yet, Yoona. She’s still being examined by Seungri,”
 
Seeing her girl cried, Jessica immediately hugged her.
 
“Calm down, Yoona, okay. Be patient to wait for Seungri finishing to examine Yuri okay,”
 
After a while in waiting, the door finally opened, revealing Seungri. Yoona, Tiffany and Jessica immediately rushed to him.
 
“How is she?”
 
“Please come with me to my room, Yoona-ssi,”
 
Yoona started to feel something was really going to wrong as Seungri asked her to come with him to his room. As they were at Seungri’s room, they sat on the chair. Seungri took MRI and placed it on the table.”From the MRI, I have to say that..”
 
Yoona was quiet in anticipation waiting for Seungri to continue his word.
 
“Yuri will lose movement in the right part of her body little by little,”
 
“W-What??!”
 
Seungri took the breath deeply.”Yeah. it seems, her cancer has spread faster than we’d predicted, and now, it starts to affect her body,”
 
Yoona couldn’t do anything except crying silently at her girl’s condition after she heard the doctor in front of her finished his words already.
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 

finally i could update this story..
so sorry for delaying it..
work was really killing me..T_T
hope i can update ASAP..