Chapter 5

Hide and Seek Love
“Make a way. There’s emergency here,” the nurses pushed the stretcher with Yuri on it, still unconscious. I followed them as tears kept falling. I really hoped that she’ll be fine and nothing bad happen to her. For the sake of heaven, it’s entirely my fault. She was being like this because of me.
 
Then, Yuri was pushed into emergency room and I wasn’t allowed to follow them. I sat on a bench, praying for Yuri’s state. Oh God! Please don’t take her. Not now. Please….
 
After awhile, the door was opened, revealing the doctor. As I was about to approach him, Yuri’s dad came and approached us.
 
“Is that true that Yuri’s inside, Doc?” I heard him asking the doctor.
 
“Yes. Who are you by the way?”
 
“I’m her dad,”
 
“Well, can you come with me, please?”
 
And I saw Yuri’s dad following the doctor, leaving me in corridor.
 
-Normal POV-
 
“How is she, Doc?” right after they both settled down, Yuri’s dad asked about Yuri’s condition to the doctor.
 
“Well, there’s a good news, Sir. Your daughter is fine. Her injury isn’t as bad as I thought. She can go home now,”
 
“Jinja?”
 
The doctor nodded.”However,”
 
“However…?”
 
The doctor sighed before he replied.”However, she has to be checked once in a week, in case there’s something wrong on her head,”
 
Yuri’s dad lifted his eyebrows.”Check once in a week?”
 
“That means more money to be wasted,” he mumbled which made the doctor frowning.
 
“What did you just say, Sir?”
 
“Ah, nope. Nothing, Doc,” he replied awkwardly.
 
“This case is very serious, Sir. You have to obey my words, for your daughter’s sake,”
 
“Yes, Doc. I will do that. Thank you so much,” said Yuri’s dad before standing and walking out of room. He headed to emergency room and as he arrived, he saw Tiffany sitting on edge of bed, chatting with Yuri.
 
“Let’s go home now,” he said as he stared at Yuri.
 
“Go home, Uncle? But Yuri-“
 
“She’s fine. Doctor said that to me,” he cut Tiffany’s word and looked at Yuri again.”Go home now or else, you’ll add the list about money that we have to waste here,”
 
With bandages on her head, Yuri got up. She was helped by Tiffany. The trio exited the room together.
 
“How could you be so careless that got an accident like this, Yuri-yah? You’ve known that we don’t have much money,” along the road, Yuri’s dad complained to Yuri.
 
“I’m sorry, Appa,” Yuri replied.
 
“You don’t have to say sorry, Yuri-yah. Uncle, it’s entirely my fault. She’s being like this because of me. She was helping me who was about to be crashed by a car. So, just blame me instead,” Tiffany took over to defend her bestfriend.
 
“You shouldn’t have been careless too, Tiffany. Of course it’s entirely your fault!”
 
“Appa! It’s enough!” Yuri interrupted.”Just stop for blaming okay. I’m fine now after all,”
 
As soon as Yuri said that, the latter was quiet.
 
***
 
“Aigoo..! finally we’re back home,” I slumped my body on the couch and lied down to relax my stiff body on it. Suddenly I felt heavy on my stomach, and as I opened my eyes, I saw Sica Unnie sitting on it. As fast as lightning, I got up.
 
“YAH, Unnie! that’s heavy you know!” I complained to what she just did to me. As I said that, she giggled and grinned.
 
“Sorry. I didn’t see you lying down here, Yoong,” replied Sica Unnie. Though she said that, I knew she just made fun of me. How couldn’t she see me? this living room was so bright with the lamp. Then, after I sat up, she sat next to me.
 
“Finally we can rest now, after doing concert in five cities,” Sica Unnie leaned her head on backrest.
 
“Yeah,” I responded as I lied down on the couch again.
 
“Sica, Yoona,”
 
“Ne,” we replied in unison as a guy who was our manager, called us.
 
“Since your tour is finished already for now, you can take a vacation. You’re free to go everywhere you want,”
 
“Ah, Jinja??” our eyes went wide right after hearing his words.”Yeah!” we exclaimed as we tossed.
 
“Ne,” our manager said as he sat on the single couch next to us.”But remember, don’t too be preoccupied having vacation okay. Right after your vacation is over, you should prepare your new album. Remember, the fans of YoonSic Duo are waiting for your comeback,”
 
“Okay. Don’t worry, Oppa,” we exclaimed in unison again. And as soon as he left, we looked at each other.
 
“Can you believe it, Yoona? finally we got holiday. Oh Gosh! I can’t believe it,”
 
“Ne, Unnie,” I put my arm around her shoulder.”We have to use this time as well as possible,”
 
“Of course,” Sica Unnie said.”So, where will we go for vacation, Yoona?”
 
“Actually,” I leaned my head on backrest.”I wanna go to Korea. It’s been awhile I didn’t go to that country. I miss my homeland. Since my mom and I moved here, in States, I didn’t visit that country, Unnie. So, do you wanna come with me or not?”
 
“Emm,” Sica Unnie looked up.”Okay. Let’s go to Korea. I haven’t visited that country yet, since though I’m a Korean, my family lives here,”
 
***
 
Finally, after we got a deal, we decided to go to Korea. I was packing my stuff when my mom came and sat on my bed.
 
“Are you sure you wanna go to Korea tomorrow, Yoona?”
 
“Ne, Umma,” after zipping my bag, I sat next to her.”Why? do you mind?”
 
“Of course not,” she shook her head as her eyes looked at me.”Just, kinda feel lonely if you take vacation to there,”
 
“Umma,” I smiled sweetly at her.”Aren’t you getting used to be left by me all this time already? I often went to out of country to do concert after all,”
 
“Still, the feeling is different, Yoona,”
 
“Umma,” I held her hands and squeezed them gently.”I’ve grown up already. Furthermore, it’s been awhile I didn’t visit Korea, my homeland, since I’m too busy to do concert in this country,”
 
“Yes, you’re right,” Umma reached for my head and it gently.”I’m sorry for being selfish, Yoona. You can go. As long as you want,”
 
“Thank you, Umma,” I kissed her hands lovingly.
 
My mom sighed and smiled at me.”I didn’t expect that you’ve become an infamous singer along with Sica, Yoona. Your dad must be proud of you if he were still alive now,”
 
I smiled as my response.”He must be watching us from heaven, Umma. I don’t doubt that,”
 
“Yes. That’s true,”
 
Then, as I leaned on her embrace, my mom rubbed my back gently,
 
***
 
Right after we arrived at Korea, Sica Unnie and I rented an apartment to be our place to live. We spent our time together, going around city and visiting many places.
 
One day, as I went around city by myself without Sica Unnie, I drove the car to the familiar place. I entered a residence which I used to live back then. As I arrived at my old house, the memories flooded my mind. The house was still same, didn’t change, only the color of the wall that has the change. Then, I drove my car again, and stopped in front of a house again. The house that I used to play with Yuri Unnie when I was a little kid. Yuri Unnie. As soon as I remembered her, my heart was beating so fast. I remembered when I left her in the middle of hide and seek game. I’m so guilty for leaving her.
 
Then I got out of the car, walking to the house. I stood in front the gates, my heart was debating, whether to push the bell or not. Just as I was about to push, the door was opened, revealing the owner. I was hoping that the one was Yuri, but seemed I was wrong. That was an unfamiliar person who was walking out of the house. A man and a woman. I sighed in disappointment. Suddenly one of them looked at me. She approached me.
 
“Excuse me, who are you looking for?”
 
“Ah..emm…” I was so nervous to reply her.”May I meet Yuri, Ma’am?” I tried to say as polite as possible. And I saw her frowning.
 
“Yuri?”
 
“Who is she, Yeobo?” then her husband came and stood next to her.”Excuse me, who are you looking for?”
 
“I’m looking for Yuri, who lives here, Sir,”
 
“Yuri?”
 
I nodded.
 
“I’m sorry. there’s nobody named Yuri here. The owner of this house is us. Maybe the Yuri you meant is the child of the previous owner. They had moved years ago and didn’t live here anymore. I’m sorry,” the husband replied me.
 
“Oh. Alright then. Thank you, Sir, Ma’am. I’m sorry for bothering you,” after bowing, I got into the car again. I leaned my back on backrest.
 
“Yuri Unnie, where are you now? I didn’t expect that you’ve moved from that house,” unconsciously my tears were falling as I remembered her, the really best friend of mine.
 
***
 
-Normal POV-
 
After school, Yuri and Tiffany went to Jinki’s store like usual. As they arrived, they were asked to guard the store since he has his own business. So, here they were. Waiting inside store to greet the customers who was coming.
 
“Fany-yah,” Yuri approached her bestfriend who was standing behind cashier desk.
 
“Ne,”
 
“I’m gonna go home first, okay.i wanna take the needle and the yarn to knit our order. Please guard the store, in case there’s a customer coming here,”
 
Right after Tiffany nodded, Yuri exited the store, heading to her house.
 
Meanwhile, Yoona and Jessica spent time together in around city. But they didn’t use car instead take a walk. As they passed by a store, Yoona glanced at inside. She saw many handicrafts at there. She quickly grabbed Jessica by the wrist to stop her walking.
 
“What’s the matter, Yoona?”
 
“Let’s visit this store first, Unnie,”
 
“Mw-“ before Jessica could utter a word, Yoona dragged her into the store. As they were inside already, Tiffany greeted them kindly.
 
“Welcome to Jinki’s Collec-“ she couldn’t finish her words after seeing two girls wandered the store.”They’re so beautiful,” she thought.
 
“Emm, may we take a look the stuffs here, Ms?”
 
Tiffany still looked at them in amusement.
 
“Tiffany-ssi..?” after reading the nametag on Tiffany’s chest, Yoona waved her hand in front of Tiffany’s face, but it didn’t work.
 
“Hello…are you spacing out, the girl there?” Jessica shook the shoulder of Tiffany to bring her back to the reality.
 
“Ah, I’m sorry,” finally she snapped back into the reality. She looked down to hide her embarrassment.
 
“No problem,” Yoona smiled at her.”May we take a look the handicrafts here, Tiffany-ssi?”
 
Tiffany exited from the cashier desk.”Oh, of course. Of course, Ms,”
 
After that, Yoona and Jessica wandered the store, looking the handicrafts sold here. Tiffany couldn’t take her eyes off of them, especially which the blonde one.
 
Many beautiful handicrafts were sold in this store. As Yoona arrived at in front of the glass cupboard, she looked at the things in amusement. The handicrafts were made by the yarn. Her eyes caught a small box that showed a bracelet inside.
 
“It’s so beautiful,” she mumbled. She turned her head and looked at Tiffany who was standing behind cashier desk again.
 
“Tiffany-ssi,”
 
“Ne,” feeling she was being called, she exited the cashier desk and approached Yoona.”What’s the matter?”
 
“How much is this bracelet? Can you get it for me? I wanna buy it,” Yoona pointed at the thing she referred.
 
“Ah, I’m sorry, Ms,” said Tiffany apologetically.”That bracelet has been ordered. The buyer just called me that she will take her order tonight,”
 
“Maybe there’s another one, Tiffany-ssi,”
 
“Once again, I’m so sorry. That bracelet is made in particular. But, if you really want to, you can order again to the one who made it,”
 
“What’s the matter, Yoona?” Jessica approached Yoona, standing next to her.
 
“Ah, I just wanna buy that bracelet, but unfortunately it has been ordered,” Yoona replied.
 
Jessica then looked at the thing Yoona meant.”It’s so beautiful. whoever that made it, she must have the magical hand,”
 
“Indeed she is,” Yoona responded then looked at Tiffany again.”May I meet the maker, Tiffany-ssi?”
 
“Ah, she was going out for awhile. If you don’t mind, you can wait for her. or else, you just write your order down here,” Tiffany handed Yoona the paper.
 
“Ok then,” Yoona wrote her order down and handed Tiffany the paper again.”If it has been finished, please call me, okay. I’ve written my number under my order,”
 
“Ne. I will. Thank you so much,” Tiffany bowed and after that Yoona and Jessica exited the store.
 
“Why do you really want that bracelet, Yoona?”
 
“Well,” Yoona put her arms on back of her head.”Somehow that thing reminds me of someone, Unnie,”
 
“Someone?”
 
Yoona nodded in response.
 
Meanwhile, Yuri was back to the store with a plastic bag on her hand.
 
“Yah, where have you been, Yuri-yah? why do you take so long?”
 
“I’m sorry,” Yuri placed the plastic bag on the table.”My yarn has run out apparently. So, I went to the market to buy some. Unfortunately, the market was so full, so I had to get a line,”
 
“Well,” Tiffany approached Yuri.”Here. another order for you,”
 
As Yuri received it, she read it.
 
“There was someone order the bracelet while you were out. She was asked to be called if you’ve done with her order,”
 
“Okay,” replied Yuri.”Then what is her name?”
 
Tiffany immediately slapped her forehead.”Omo! I forgot to ask her name!”
 
“YAH! You babo-yah!” Yuri stood up and Tiffany only grinned.”How could you forget ask her name? how can I call her, without knowing her name? aishh!”
 
“I’m sorry, Yuri-yah. I just was too impressed by her beauty. Scratch it. their beauty. They’re so beautiful, for the sake of heaven. Especially her friend,”
 
“Aishh!” Yuri muttered under her breath as she rolled her eyes while hearing Tiffany’s words. She took her yarn and needle, then started to knit again.
 
_____________
 
yeah...finally Yoona appeared..:D and with Jessica..
how was it?