Chapter 31

Hide and Seek Love
woaaah..guys..
so sorry..for delaying this story..
work was really really killing me, till i was unable to update soon..T__T
hope you can enjoy this chap...
----------------------------------------------------------
 
My world seemed to vanish right after I heard Seungri finishing his word about Yuri, My Yuri. I still couldn’t believe that my Yuri had to experience this thing. I’d never imagined that she would be suffering like this. My soul seemed to be out of my body now which made me sitting on the seat, in front of Seungri, lifelessly.
 
A moment later, I stood, walking out of Seungri’s room. My legs wobbled in every step I took, Jessica and Tiffany rushed to me immediately, asking me about Yuri. Right after I told them all about her, they covered their own mouth in shock, and we couldn’t hold our tears anymore.
 
***
 
I’ve told Yuri about her condition. Though she was shocked in the first time, finally she could accept it. I haven’t thought that she was that strong before. Seeing her like that, made me gotta be strong even more for her. I didn’t care how long life time she had. Now, the most important thing was treasuring, savoring our moment as long as we could. I always stayed by her side, whenever and wherever she needed me. I was never tired of doing that.
 
“Yoong,”
 
The weak call, waking me up from my sleep. I lifted my head that was on the edge of bed before, and I was greeted by her smile, Yuri’s smile. She looked so thin and pale, and she lost all of her hair already. Even so, she was still beautiful and gorgeous in front of my eyes.
 
I smiled at her, and tightened my grip on hers.
 
“Yes, Yul,”
 
“I….”
 
“Hmmm…?”
 
“I wanna stop receiving any treatment now,”
 
I was shocked by her word.”W-What? What do you mean, Yul?”
 
I looked at her eyes, her eyes begged as she continued her word.
 
“Please, Yoong. I…I just wanna live freely now, seeing, and savoring the out world. I don’t wanna spend the rest of my life here, in hospital,”
 
I kept looking at her eyes as I heard her begging voice. That was the moment I couldn’t hold my tears back, and yet, I wiped it away quickly before she noticed it.
 
“Okay,” I nodded.”Okay, Yul. I’m gonna talk to Seungri about your wish,”
 
She smiled and kissed my hand.”Thank you, Yoong,” and I kissed her hand lovingly either.
 
***
 
“Ah, it’s been awhile,” Yuri exclaimed as soon as we arrived at our apartment. We walked in as I pushed her wheelchair with Jessica and Tiffany walked behind us, helping us to bring Yuri’s stuffs.
 
“Well, we have a surprise for you, Yul,” Tiffany said suddenly as she took out a handkerchief and covered Yuri’s eyes by it. I really didn’t know what Tiffany and Jessica had planned, and only followed them as Jessica pushed Yuri’s wheelchair to the kitchen.
 
I looked around kitchen, there were a rose petal and a carton written WELCOME BACK URI YURI decorating the wall. Jessica and Tiffany brought Yuri to the table, and after Tiffany opened the blindfold, Yuri exclaimed happily.
 
“Woahh…this cake is so cute,” Yuri exclaimed upon the Mickey-shaped cake on the table.
 
Tiffany then pushed Yuri slowly to be closer to the table.”We’ve prepared all of this for you, Yuri-yah. Welcome back in home,” she hugged Yuri, so did Jessica.
 
“I don’t know that you guys have prepared all of this, Unnies. Why didn’t you tell me, so that I could help you?”
 
“Ermmm…we didn’t tell you our plan, since we were worried that you could eat this cake before we could give it to Yuri,” Jessica said playfully.
 
“Yah, Unnie. What do you mean…?” I sulked as I pouted, causing Yuri chuckled.
 
“Come here, Yoong,” Yuri waved her left hand at me and I approached her, standing next to her. Yuri cut the cake and I saw her pouting as she stared at the cake.
 
“Why, Yul?”
 
“Emmm…poor this Mickey…he lost his right leg because I cut it,”
 
Jessica, Tiffany, and I chuckled at her statement. I ruffled her hair playfully.”It’s okay, Yul. This Mickey is much happier when we eat him,”
 
After that, all of us ate the cake together. So many laughs and jokes accompanied us upon eating the cake.
 
***
 
It has been two weeks for Yuri staying at our apartment again. Each time, each day, we’re always together, and I always stayed by her side. A symptom of her sickness has come again, she started to loss her sight in her right eye. I really tried my best to be strong in front of her.
 
Today, we took a walk to savor the afternoon air together. I pushed her wheelchair along the pathway, as we talked many random things. Actually, I’ve already planned on something for her today, and yet, I still waited for the best moment.
 
“Yoong,” she held my right hand which was pushing her wheelchair, with her left hand.
 
“Hmmm,”
 
“I wanna eat ice cream,” her index finger pointed at an ice cream parlor at the edge of street.
 
“Okay. I’ll buy one for you, Yul,” I kissed her right cheek and we approached the ice cream parlor near a park. I bought her favorite, blueberry ice cream. Then we took a seat to enjoy our ice cream.
 
Suddenly, I could feel Yuri frowning confusedly when she ate her ice cream.”What is this?”
She took something out of and her eyes widened in surprised.
 
“A ring?”
 
I smiled as she was staring at the ring in front of her eyes and soon, I kneeled in front of her, holding her right hand.
 
“Yul, I know you knew already that I love you. I love you so much, Yul. There isn’t any other thing in this world except spending the rest of my life with you. So, will you marry me?”
 
“Yoong…”
 
“Will you marry me? I promise that I will protect you, and I will take a good care of you. Marry me, and be happy with me,”
 
I could see her eyes starting to watery. She shook her head.”No, Yoong. I can’t,”
 
“Why?”
 
“You knew my condition already, Yoong. I can’t marry you. Look at me, even I can’t walk by myself now. I can’t do anything now. I can’t make you happy, Yoong,”
 
“I don’t care, Yul,” I said as I tightened my grip.”I don’t care about your condition right now. All I care about is spending the rest of my life with you. You are my happiness, Yul. Even your presence is enough to make me happy. You don’t have to do anything else,”
 
I kissed her hand and looked at her eyes again.”Please, Yul. Marry me and I will make you happy,”
 
I saw her being silent for a while, and I kept looking at her eyes.”Please, Yul,”
 
“I’m sorry, Yoong,”
 
That’s it. My heart started to break into pieces right after I heard her refusing. I looked down and wiped my tears quickly. I sighed heavily.”Okay, Yul,”
 
“I mean, I’m sorry that I can’t refuse your proposal,”
 
I looked at her eyes again.”What did you just say, Yul? What do you mean?” I asked quickly, eagerly to know what she really meant, causing her chuckled.
 
“I can’t refuse your proposal which that mean is I wanna marry you. Yes. I’m gonna marry you,”
 
Then I immediately hugged her tightly happily right after she finished her words. I couldn’t hide my happiness anymore.”Thank you, Yul. Thank you,” I broke the hug, kissed her forehead, cheek, and lips, before I planted my lips on her hand. I took the ring from her hand, and put it around her finger.
 
I placed my lips on hers gently for a while, and we leaned against our forehead together. I stared at her loving eyes.”I love you, Yul. I love you so much,”
 
***
 
“Okay. Now, you may kiss each other,”
 
After I heard those word, I kneeled in front of my wife, Yuri, that was sitting on her wheelchair with her wedding dress which made her gorgeous than before, and landed my lips on hers gently. Our guests clapped their hands as they saw us kissing each other and they, included Jessica and Tiffany, congratulated us afterward.
 
Then, as soon as our wedding party was over, we got into my car. I brought Yuri to the beach where I’d taken her before. Before our wedding started, I asked her where I should take her to, for our honeymoon, and she only wanted me to take her to that beach.
 
A few hours in journey, finally we’ve arrived, and the day has turned into almost midnight already. I opened the door and lifted Yuri to sit her on her wheelchair, and we together went inside to the bungalow.
 
“This place is still very beautiful, Yoong,”
 
I smiled as I keep pushing her wheelchair.”Of course, Yul. It’s as beautiful as the moment we’d come here,”
 
Since it was midnight already, right after I finished arranging our stuffs, Yuri and I lied down on our bed, and we drifted off to sleep.
 
I woke up in the middle of sleeping only to find Yuri suddenly got up from her sleeping to throw up. I quickly got up, bringing her a basin, and she started to vomit to it. Seeing her like this really broke my heart. I rubbed her back gently as she kept vomiting. She vomited almost everytime nowadays, especially right after she consumed her food, and it made her losing her weight. How I wish that I was the one who suffered that sickness, not her. Seeing her suffering like this was really killing me slowly.
 
After she finished vomiting, I laid her down back.
 
“I’m sorry, Yoong, for waking you up,” she said faintly and I smiled at her.
 
“You don’t have to apologize, Yul. It’s not your fault,” I kissed her forehead lovingly and said.”And please stop saying sorry, okay. No one didn’t anything wrong here. I love you, Yul,”
 
***
 
Both of us walked together along the seashore, savoring the afternoon as enjoying the sound of waves, waiting for the sunset. I pushed Yuri's wheelchair as we talked many things.
 
"Yoong,"
 
"Hmmm,"
 
"I remember our time here back then. How happy we were back then, chasing each other, laughing heartily, and playing in the sea till our shirt was getting wet,"
 
My eyes started to get teary upon hearing Yuri's remark, and yet I still could hold my tears to spill out of my eyes.
 
"How beautiful our moment was, as if we didn't have any problem back then. Wish we could back to that time, when I was healthy, could run to anywhere, before I got diagnosed the sickness, before I became a burden to you like this,"
 
"Yul," I kneeled down in front of her, holding her hand tightly."Never ever say that thing anymore. You aren't a burden to me at all, Yul. Really. You gotta trust me. You aren't a burden, you are the best thing I'd ever had instead. I should be thanks to God that had sent the most beautiful, the most gorgeous, and the most stunning girl to me. I love you, Yul. So much. No matter what happen, my love for you won't ever change,"
 
I stared at her brown eyes and I could see her eyes getting teary. I leaned down, kissing her tears away. I pressed our forehead together.
 
"I will always make you happy, Yul. No matter what,"
 
I caressed her cheek gently and kissed her cheek lovingly.
 
***
 
The sun was about to set, the sky had started turning into orange and the seagulls flew above the sea. Both of us sat down on the sand, enjoying the sight in front of us. My hand never released Yuri's hand.
 
"Yoong,"
 
"Hmmm," I tilted my head, looking at her. Her eyes still locked at the sea in front of us.
 
"Let's play hide and seek,"
 
I was surprised at her remark."W-what?"
 
She turned her head, smiling and looking at me."Yes. Let's play hide and seek. I bet I will be the winner today,"
 
I still looked at her confusedly. How could she say that such thing? Playing hide and seek? Did she just ask me to play that game?
 
"B-but Yul,"
 
"Wae? Are you afraid?" She smirked."Oooh..don't say that you're afraid of being lost, Yoong. You're afraid that I'm gonna beat you right..?"
 
Seeing the cockiness on her face, making me smiled and my worries about her condition disappeared instantly, she said those word as if she was healthy, without suffering any sickness.
 
"Who said I was afraid? I'm not. Okay, let's play hide and seek, and we'll know who the winner is," as soon as I finished saying, she nodded cockily.
 
Then, I lifted her, putting her on her wheelchair carefully and we played rock, scissor and paper afterwards. And I was the one who was the seeker.
 
I stood in front of the coconut tree to lean my face on it.
 
"Yoong,"
 
I turned around, looking at my wife behind me.
 
"Yes, Yul,"
 
"Do you still remember our moment when we were little kid?"
 
I frowned confusedly."Which one, Yul?"
 
She shook her head disbelievingly right after I asked her that question."So, you forgot it? Aigoo.."
 
I smiled as I witnessed the cuteness on her face when she did that.
 
"When we were little kid, we played hide and seek. And that time, when I hid, you left me for States, meanwhile I waited for you all day along,"
 
My happiness immediately turned into the sadness as I remembered that moment. I really felt guilty for leaving her back then. Imagining that she was waiting for me to find her, meanwhile I left her without saying goodbye was really making me sad.
 
"I-i'm sorry," unconsciously I mumbled and Yuri frowned confusedly.
 
"What was that sorry for..?"
 
"For...leaving you,"
 
Yuri chuckled right after I said."Yaaa, no need to say sorry, Yoong. It's okay. That was the past. Besides, you already apologized when we re-met,"
 
I nodded and she held my right hand with her left hand."Never ever say sorry anymore okay. I don't wanna hear that sorry word from you anymore. You'd already given me so many things. I love you, Yoong,"
 
I leaned closer and placed my lips on her forehead lovingly."I love you too, Yul. So much,"
 
"Emm..by the way, I forgot to tell you something, Yoong,"
 
"What is that?"
 
"I was about to say something when I reminded you of our moment when we were little kid,"
 
"Yeah, what is that, Yul? Just tell me,"
 
Hearing the eagerness of my word, Yuri chuckled again."You're so cute when you're very eager to know something, Yoong," she pinched my nose and I pouted.
 
"Yaaah, just tell me," after I whined, finally she told me what she was about to say to me.
 
"When we were little kid, I promised to give you a gift if you managed to find me, didn't I?"
 
I looked up, trying to digest her words, and after a while in thinking, finally I remembered.
 
"Yeah. You indeed promised to me. Why are you bringing that topic out again, Yul?"
 
"Hmmm..actually, I wanna fulfill my promise now,"
 
I frowned at her remark."What do you mean?"
 
"Hmmph, I don't expect that you are this stupid, Yoong,"
 
"Yaa~h, I'm not,"
 
"Hehehe.." Yuri chuckled and pecked my cheek."But I love this stupid girl,"
 
I blushed at her cheesiness and she chuckled again."You are really so cute,"
 
"Hmm, so Yul, what did you mean by you wanted to fulfill your promise?"
 
"Emm, if you manage to find me now, I wanna give you a gift,"
 
I raised my eyebrows."Jinjja? What gift?"
 
"Yaaa, that's a surprise. You gotta manage to find me first to know the gift I wanna give to you,"
 
"Hmmm, fine then," I smirked."I'll find you definitely again now, Yul,"
 
"We'll see,"
 
With that, I leaned to the tree, counting till 100, to give Yuri a chance to hide. After I finished counting, I started to walk around, trying to find her.
 
"Yul, where are you? Come out, come out wherever you are," I wandered around the seashore. I followed the traces of her wheelcair left on the sand. I really wondered how she could manage to find the hiding place with a wheelchair.
 
I kept wandering, following the traces and my eyes widened in shock as I saw near the big stone on the seashore, Yuri was lying down on the sand.
 
I immediately rushed to her."Yul, Yul. Wake up!" I patted her cheek repeatedly, trying to wake her up. Her bleeding nose really made me panic even more. I looked around, hoping the help, but I couldn't find anyone. Finally I lifted her by myself toward my car, and I rushed to the nearest hospital.

 

----------------------------------