First Hug

My Heart Beats Only For You

The exam period was hard for all of us. We went home straight away to study or meet up afterwards to study together. Donghae would join us sometimes. After two weeks of exams, it was the last day of our examinations and we cheered when we were done with it. We went home early that day to prepare for the picnic on the next day. Donghae was tasked to bring the drinks. I was to make sandwiches while you were asked to make your famous kimbabs. After you were done, you grew bored and called me to ask if I needed help. The doorbell rang ten minutes later and my mum had answered it.

“Hello aunty, I’m Kim Haemin. Eunhyuk’s friend,”you greeted her.

“Oh, come in! He’s in the kitchen. EUNHYUK, YOUR FRIEND IS HERE!”my mum shouted.

My mum showed you the kitchen where I was making the sandwiches.

“Do you want a drink?”I asked.

“It’s not necessary. Just continue making the sandwiches. I’ll get the drink myself later on,”you smiled back.

“Oh, yes yes! Make yourself at home! Omo, Eunhyuk, your friend is really pretty,”my mum gushed.

Haemin, you don’t know how happy I was when you accepted me. Wait, happy is an understatement. I was beyond happy. Someone as pretty as you had many suitors yet you chose to be with me. Everyday, I thank god for letting me have you. Moreover, you were kind-hearted too. Girls like you were as rare as diamonds. No, I take that back. You’re one of a kind and no other girls can be compared to you. You are just that special to me. I really should have held on to your hand instead of letting it slip away. Now, I can’t even find you. I couldn’t smell your floral perfume anywhere. I guess it’s impossible to find you now. If only I could turn back time. I would have held onto your hand tightly.

“Thank you,”you blushed.

“Eunhyuk ah, is she your girlfriend?”my mum whispered to me.

“No,”I whispered back.

“You like her, don’t you?”my mum elbowed me, teasing me.

“Yes,”I answered honestly.

“Aigoo, you must tell me about it later,”my mum whispered.

“Okay,”I smiled at how excited she was.

“Haemin sshi, do stay for dinner tonight,”my mum said to you.

“Oh, I wouldn’t want to trouble you,”you declined.

“It’s no trouble. Do stay,”my mum insisted.

“Oh, okay! Thank you,”you smiled.

My mum turned to look at me and winked without you knowing. I grinned at her and she walked away to give us some time alone.

“Your mum is really cute,”you commented as you helped to cut the lettuce.

“She can be a terror sometimes,”I joked.

“I can tell you love her a lot,”you looked at me with a smile.

“I do,”I nodded my head.

You smiled before continuing to cut the lettuce. But you weren’t careful and cut yourself by accident.

“Ouch!”you let go of the knife immediately.

“Are you okay?”I grabbed your hand to look at the cut.

“It’s nothing. I’ll just wash it,”you tried to smile.

“I’ll get the first aid kit,”

I heard the water gushing down the tap as I went to get the box. I came back to help you put some antiseptic on your cut. You didn’t try to smile for it was too painful. I put a plaster over it.

“Thank you. Gosh, I can be so troublesome. I’m so accident-prone,”you sulked.

“It’s no trouble at all,”I ruffled your hair.

“Only you would think it’s no trouble! Donghae always complains whenever I injure myself back when we were kids. Because we had to stop the game whenever I fell,”you laughed.

“Donghae was young back then. I’m sure he wouldn’t complain now,”I said.

“Oh, he won’t complain. He would never stop teasing me about it,”you continued laughing.

“True true,”I agreed.

The sandwiches were done and we kept it in the refrigerator. My mum then came into the kitchen.

“I’m going to cook dinner now. Haemin sshi, what do you like to eat?”my mum asked.

“Oh, anything will be fine with me. I can help to cook,”you smiled.

“That’s not necessary. Eunhyuk, bring her to your room for a chit chat or something,”my mum said.

“Okay,”I led you to my room.

We sat down on the bed and began talking.

“Your room is really neat for a guy,”you surveyed my room.

“My mum’s a neat freak. So, I’m forced to keep it neat,”I chuckled.

“Then, you can help me keep my room clean,”you joked.

“I wouldn’t mind,”I said, seriously.

You looked at me and I looked as well. We stared into each other’s eyes for a moment before you blinked and looked away.

“You shall be Princess Haemin’s personal servant,”you laughed.

“At your service, your Highness,”I replied which caused you to laugh even louder.

An hour passed and my mum came knocking at my door. Dinner was ready. My dad was back and you greeted him before settling down for dinner. As we ate, my mum kept passing you food. She was really fond of you back then and always praised you in front of me saying that you are really well-mannered and that you took care of her well. I’m sure I’m not the only one who misses you, Kim Haemin. My whole family misses you. Would you come back?

“I’ll help you wash the bowls,”you stood up to help clean up.

“Aigoo, just sit down,”my mum smiled.

“But aunty, you said to treat this like my own home. So, I should help out, right?”you smiled.

“Aigoo, you really are a well-mannered young lady. Alright then,”my mum said.

We helped my mum to wash up. And I could hear her singing praises to my dad. She was always doing that. After we were done, it was quite late and you need to go home. I offered to send you home but you declined, saying that your house was just down the street.

“Uncle, Aunty, I’ll be going then. Thank you for having me over,”you bowed.

“No need to be so polite. Do visit us often!”my mum waved.

“Eunhyuk ah, send her home. It’s so late already and she’s a girl, after all,”my dad said.

I looked at you and you admitted defeat. We walked out of my house and I smiled.

“I feel so bad for making you walk all the way to my house and back,”you sighed.

“Why are you being like that? Do you hate me so much that you don’t want me around you?”I joked.

“No! What makes you think that way?!”you were so astonished.

“I was just joking, silly,”I ruffled your hair.

“Yah, Lee Eunhyuk, my hair is messy already!”you exclaimed.

I stuck out my tongue at you and ran out of the lift. You ran after me and we reached your house in no time.

“Thank you! See you tomorrow,”you smiled.

“See you,”I smiled back.

At the moment, you closed up the gap and pulled me into a hug. I was in such a shock that I couldn’t register that fact. You let go and waved. I waved back, still in a daze. After you got into your house, I walked home like a zombie. That was my first hug from you. My face broke into a smile. And I’ll never forget that feeling.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel