First Kiss

My Heart Beats Only For You

 

Before we alighted, we took a picture together and got down to sit down at the table. The whole time, you just couldn’t stop smiling.

“You’re going to suffer cramps on your cheeks if you don’t stop smiling,”I teased before looking at the menu.

“I can’t help it!”you replied innocently.

With that, I couldn’t help but smile as well. No matter how mature you’ve become, you always had your innocent moments and that was the one thing I had love about you. I had looked away from the menu to survey your features on your angelic face. The short hair framing your face. Those long eyelashes lining your sparkling eyes. Those pink lips paired with your white teeth when you smile. At that moment, you looked up and caught me looking.

“Is it your turn to survey this pretty girlfriend of yours?”you grinned, eyes turning into the shape of a crescent moon.

I could only smile as my heart started racing. Never did I think what I had been hoping for would become a reality where I could proudly say you are mine.

“Eunhyukkie, is anything wrong?”you had a slightest hint of a frown on your face.

“No, no! I thought I was dreaming,”I smiled before looking at the menu.

“Well, you’re not. Don’t worry, baby,”you replied.

After we ordered, we began talking about your band practice earlier in the day. They were about to announce their new line of committee members in a few days time and you were really nervous. But I was confident that they would choose you to be their next President.

“Let’s not talk about me anymore. How’s your preparation coming along?”you asked.

During that period of time, I was about to run for an election to be the next President of the student union of our university. I was busy preparing my speech, getting things ready and planning what to do for the school if I were to really be made President. I had wanted to win the elections really badly for a leadership position was needed to sustain my scholarship.

“Good, though I’m lacking on the creativity side. I don’t know what to do for my poster and flyers,”I sighed.

“I’ll help you!”you readily volunteered.

“Nah, you’re busy enough with all your assignments and band practices. Moreover, you have a paper next week!”I shook my head.

When I first sat down to think of a concept for my posters and flyers, I had wanted to get your help. It was the easy way out to this matter as you were really creative unlike me. But I didn’t want to bother you with all these minor matters. Not with one of your paper coming up.

“Don’t worry about it! Designing a poster and flyer won’t take me long!”you smiled.

“Haemin…,”but I was cut off.

“It’s final. I’ll print it out and show you in two days time!”you nodded your head in excitement.

“Alright. Thanks, princess,” I knew better than to argue with you so I just smiled back, thankful for your help.

“And don’t worry, your red hair will look awesome in the posters,”you grinned.

Back then, I had dyed my hair red just out of boredom. I had wanted to experiment with new hairstyles.  The food came and we tucked in happily. I remembered ordering a lobster while you had ordered scallops.  After we were done, we walked hand in hand, by the beach. The sun had set and it was dark with only the streetlights from afar helping to light the way. Silently, we walked as the waves washed our bare feet. When we grew tired, we sat down on the sand and just watched the stars twinkle.

“Thank you, baby. You don’t know how much I love you,”you mumbled.

I reached out so that you could be in my embrace.

“Of course I know. Because I love you the same way, idiot,”I said with my lips pressing on your head.

You lifted up your head to look at me. In the dark, I could only make out your eyes with the reflection of the moon shining. Slowly, it disappeared as you close your eyes. I took that as a sign and leaned in. Softly, my lips landed on yours. I was in another world then. I was thankful that we were sitting. My legs would have given way if we were to be standing. I pulled away and you opened your eyes. I reached out to your cheek.

“God must love me a lot to send you to me,”I smiled before you leaned on me again.

We talked softly under the stars and before we knew it, it was midnight and we had to head back to the dormitory. We got into my car and I drove back. You had fallen asleep on the way back and when I parked the car, I took a moment to look at you. Those flawless features. Of course, there are other pretty girls around but to me; you will always be the prettiest.

“Haemin,”I tapped your shoulder.

Your eyes fluttered open and you stretched before getting out of the car. I accompanied you back to your dorm and we stood outside of your room, unwilling to part. We hugged for a long time before you finally let go.

“Thank you for today!”you tip toed to give me a quick peck on the cheek.

“Sleep early alright! I love you,”I smiled.

“I love you too,”you nodded before going into your room.

As I made my way out of your dormitory, my phone rang. It was you. I chuckled as I picked up your call.

“Yes, princess?”I answered.

“I want to make sure you get back safely. It’s so late already,”you said.

“I’ll be alright. Don’t worry,”I smiled.

We talked on the phone as I made my way back. You refused to hang up till I was safely in my room.

“I’m back already,”I said.

“Really?”you asked.

“Yes. Ryeowook, help me tell her I’m back in the room,”I called out to Ryeowook who was watching television.

“Hi, Haemin! I’ll look after your Eunhyuk! Don’t worry!”he shouted across the room.

“Okay then! Sleep early alright! I’ll see you in two days time!”you said.

We hung up and I placed my phone on the bedside table.

“How was your date? Successful?”Ryeowook asked.

 I had told him all about my plans for today.

“Yeah,”I replied, smiling.

“Congrats! Don’t forget to invite me to your wedding! You two sure look compatible,”he commented.

“Don’t worry, I will! Same goes for you and your girl,”I settled down next to him, in front of the sofa to rest abit.

That was the end of the happiest day of my life. Well, happy was an understatement. I can’t quite describe my happiness in words. 

End of Chapter

DarkAngel