Happy Together

My Heart Beats Only For You

TODAY'S SUJU'S FIRST COMEBACK STAGE!! :) EUNHYUK LOOKS HOT IN THE MV EH? :) (anyway quite disappointed there was only 2 comments for my last update hahahahah!) THANKS FOR SUPPORTING! HERE GOES!

I flipped the photo to the next one and immediately, my heart warmed at the sight of it. A picture of the both of us smiling brightly with a bouquet of roses in between. It had been two years and eight months since I first knew you and it was also our first anniversary as an unofficial couple. We had graduated from college and had proceeded onto university. Donghae had chosen to study at the National Technological University of Seoul. Because of my excellent academic results for my finals, I was offered a scholarship by a top notch company to study Business at the National University. Upon graduation, I would be given a job at their company.  On the other hand, you majored in Law in the same school as me. With the two of us being in the same school, there were more chances of us meeting each other. Moreover, the dormitory that I stayed in was only a short distance away from yours. Though Donghae was in a different school from us, we met up regularly to catch up with one another.

Thinking back on that day, I recalled how I have gotten ready for this day for the longest time possible. It was the day that I was going to find out whether I have finally proven my love for you during that one year that we shared together. I remembered how early I have woken up to get everything ready. Although we were only going to meet for dinner, I had to make sure everything was alright. That day was one of the most important days of my life and nothing can go wrong.

 I did feel depressed that you could not spend the entire day with me due to your commitments in the school’s Band playing the flute. You had wanted to be the President of the Band back then and hence there was no way you would skip practice. Although I wasn’t too fond of the idea of you going back to school to practice on such a special day, I reminded myself not to be selfish. This was your dream and as an unofficial boyfriend, I should support you instead of restricting you.

“Eunhyuk, you forgot your car keys!”my roommate, Ryeowook had called out to me just as I was leaving the room.

“Oh, right! Thanks!”I had smiled.

During the period of us being unofficially together, I had learnt how to drive and my parents had gotten me a car for my Christmas present. I got into the car after loading all the things and drove off towards the N Seoul Tower. That was the place we had locked our love, I believed that that should be the place we start our whole new journey as an official couple. After I had decided on the venue, I had written to the management team for permission to decorate a corner of the place.  After parking my car, I got everything out and headed towards the corner that I have so-called reserved. It was my first time doing an event for you without Donghae’s help and I felt a little helpless and hopeless. But I knew I had to do this all by myself to show you how sincere I am about this whole thing.

Soon, I was done with decorating this place. There were petals on the floor, balloons taped on the walls and soft music playing from the radio that I had brought along. I held onto the bouquet and waited. In about ten minutes, I spotted you. When you finally saw where I was, you stood, frozen to the ground. You had seen what I’ve done and could hardly believe it. Slowly, you made your way towards me.

“Did you do all this?”you looked at the petals and the radio.

“I’m sorry for not doing something better,”I got a little ashamed at my lack of creativity in decorating the place.

“Remember what I always say?”you raised an eyebrow with a smile.

“It’s the thought that counts,”I repeated your favourite phrase.

“Exactly! Thank you!”you grinned.

“Happy anniversary, princess. You should know why we’re here, right?”I ruffled your hair.

“To celebrate?”you guessed.

“Not only that. What did I say when we first got together unofficially?”I asked.

“Oh man, why are you testing my memory?! Erm, you would use a year to prove that you really love me?”you replied.

I just smiled at how you didn’t get what I was hinting at.

“Haemin, I don’t know whether I did prove my love for you during this one year. But all I know is that I’m really sincere in wanting to be your other half. I’m sure you can tell that our feelings for each other were beyond what normal friends feel for each other. I love you, Haemin. I really do. Without you, my life has no meaning to it. I do hope that you can give me a chance and be mine. Kim Haemin, will you be my girlfriend?”

I ended my speech and looked into your big beautiful eyes. Tears were perched on your eyelids, threatening to fall. All you did was come towards me and hugged me for all I was worth.

“Yah, princess, you’re squashing the flowers. It’s expensive, you know,”I chuckled.

Instead of punching me like you always did, you quietly moved a little so I can get the flowers out of the way before you hugged me again. I hugged you back as I lay my head on top of yours.

“So, is that a yes or a no?”I asked, knowing the answer.

“Yes, Lee Eunhyuk. I will be your girlfriend, silly,”you said softly without moving.

“I love you,”I kissed the top of your head.

“I love you too,”you finally let go and looked into my eyes.

I reached out to wipe away the tears from your cheeks before passing you the bouquet of flowers.

“This looks like a scene from a drama series!”you grinned.

“You love it, don’t you?”I pinched your cheek.

“Of course. Come on, let’s pack up and get out. I’m so embarrassed. Everybody’s looking,”you brushed past me to start unplugging the radio.

We cleaned up the place and walked towards my car. I opened the passenger door for you as usual and got in to drive us all to a nice restaurant at the beach. I had reserved a table especially for that night. As I drove, I felt like I was being watched. I turned to find you staring at me.

“What’s with you, princess?”I smiled.

“Just surveying my boyfriend. Why? You have a problem with that?”you asked.

“No, of course not. Am I handsome?”I asked, cheekily.

“Just drive,”you pinched my left cheek hard.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel