Will You Marry Me?

My Heart Beats Only For You

I will like to thank my friend, summertime for coming up with the proposal! I had a hard time thinking of what to write for his proposal so I got her help! THANK YOU! :)

I kept looking into the mirror to make sure I look alright. Although I was eating breakfast with my parents, my eyes would be focused on the mirror that was in the living room.

“Stop looking. You’re handsome enough,”my mum chuckled.

I glanced at her and hurriedly ate my breakfast, embarrassed over my obsession with looking good. I was wearing a suit and beside me was my graduation robe that my mother had ironed the night before. My parents were all dressed up as well. When we were done with breakfast, my parents headed towards my dad’s car while I drove my own car to the school. Well, I had a reason for not getting into the same car as my parents. Anyway, we arrived at the venue and the campus was buzzing with excitement. After parking, I waited for my parents to park and called up Ryeowook and you.

“Oh wow, the place looks so beautiful!”my mum commented when she got out of the car.

“There’s Haemin, Ryeowook sshi and his girlfriend,”my dad smiled and waved.

I turned around to find you in the white party dress that I bought for you with Ryeowook and Hyuna in tow. You tried to run as fast as you could in your heels while my mum kept shaking her head, afraid that you would fall.

“Hello, aunty and uncle!”you bowed when you reached us.

“Oh my, Haemin, what if you fell! Those heels are so high!”my mum checked you for injuries.

“Don’t worry! I’m a little experienced in walking in heels,”you chuckled.

“Are you ready for graduation?”Ryeowook asked, eyes twinkling.

“You bet! Where’s Donghae?”I asked.

“Where else?”you rolled your eyes and pointed towards the buffet spread nearby.

Donghae was indulging himself in all kinds of food while Soobin just watched. We were about to go over when one of my course mates came over, asking me to get ready before walking away. I quickly apologized to everyone and was about to make a move towards the backstage when you grabbed hold of my hand.

“Hey, I haven’t exactly greeted you yet. Hello,”you said before giving me a quick peck on my lips.

“Gee, thanks, baby. I’ll see you later, alright?”I smiled.

You nodded and waved. I hurriedly ran to the backstage and wore the graduation robe that I was holding onto and put on the graduation hat. As I was waiting to go on stage to make my speech, I put my hand into my pocket and touched the box that was in there to make sure that it didn’t fall out.

“Let’s put our hands together to welcome Lee Hyukjae, our Student President last year,”Professor Park announced.

That was my cue to go up on stage and I went up. Beads of perspiration started forming and it was unlike me. I wasn’t nervous about the Student President speech but what I was about to do after that. So, as if I was in a trance, I made the speech that was about how this school had helped me develop with not much difficulty. The Professor then came back on stage, to thank me for my dedication to the student body and gave me a token of appreciation. I bowed and began my thank you speech where I thank my lecturers and parents.

“The last person that I will like to thank is my girlfriend, Kim Haemin. Without her, I wouldn’t be where I am today. She was the one who helped to come up with that interesting slogan. Remember, the dancing anchovy? Yeah, it was her who thought of it,”I smiled.

The whole cohort cheered on cue and I saw you smiling like an idiot in your seat while I continued thanking you.

“The next item I prepared is especially for you, Haemin. Please watch it carefully because the dancing anchovy is back,”I gave a charming smile and walked away.

The crowd below cheered and clapped as I removed my graduation robe. The music started and I began dancing in my suit. It was an R&B piece that I had choreographed and Donghae had been there watching to make sure it looks alright. With all the moves that I executed, wolf whistles could be heard. I did a moonwalk to the side and grabbed a rose before walking offstage towards you. I reached out for your hand and you just stared back at me.

“What are you waiting for?”I asked.

“What are you doing?”you asked.

“Just hold my hand. Trust me,”I smiled.

You rested your hand on my palm hesitantly and I held onto it. I pulled you up from your seat and the crowd went wild since they knew what I was about to do. I brought you up to the stage and both of us stood side by side at the center. The crew backstage came on stage to pass me a microphone. Immediately, I kneeled on knee and took out the box that was in my pocket. I opened the box to show the ring to you. Your eyes widened upon seeing it and you looked at me in shock.

“Haemin… I really love you, and I think you know that very well.  You were laughing your head off when I scared you and maybe you don’t know this but you were the first girl in my life who reacted that way,”I smiled as I said into the microphone.

You smiled while reminiscing the memory.

“Our hands touched for the very first time that day and it fitted perfectly in mine…,”

You started to stare at your hands beaming even more.

“From then on, you never left my mind. Every single touch, laugh, tear, kiss, still lingers in my mind…,”

You rolled your eyes at me while the rest of my course mates went ‘awwwwwwwwwww’, causing both of us to blush.

“When I found out you were dating Key, I was devastated,”you pouted; making me laugh.

“No really…I think I died a little that day when I found out. I was THIS close to giving up…,”

Your eyes widened in fear.

“It was then, babe. When you were heartbroken, my heart broke too; looking at those tears fall down, it just hurt even more here,”I jabbed my heart to emphasize on the fact.

You walked close to me but I raised my hand to stop you.

“I realized that we always enjoyed ourselves when we were near each other. You sprained your ankle and I piggybacked you home. I’d do that any time for you. When we confessed to each other, our setting or the atmosphere was not the perfect one,”

I took a deep breath and continued, glancing at you.

“Every moment from then on was perfect and it couldn’t get any better. I really do cherish every moment spent with you. If there was anything that would happen in the future, through thick and thin, I will be there for you and with you, supporting you always. Kim Haemin, will you marry me?” I smiled at you as I ended my speech.

The tears that had been hovering on the edge of your eyelids fell and you wouldn’t stop crying after that.

“ACCEPT HIM! ACCEPT HIM!”Donghae suddenly stood up to shout.

My course mates took his lead and began shouting along as well. I raised an eyebrow as I looked at you fondly. With tears still flowing down your beautiful cheeks, you nodded, causing the crowd to cheer even louder. I grinned as I stood up to put on the ring for you.

“Thank you, everybody for making this a success! And thank you, Haemin for accepting my proposal! I love you!”I said into the microphone and we went offstage.

Once we were out of sight from the crowd, I put down the microphone and you came over to me for a hug. You sobbed even louder in my embrace and I kept trying to calm you down.

“Why are you crying as if we broke up?”I asked cheekily.

“You idiot! How did you come up with such an idea?!”you looked into my eyes with tears still flowing.

“You liked it, didn’t you?”I asked as I brushed off the tears from your cheeks.

“Oh, you!”you punched my chest.

“Seriously, Mrs Lee Hyukjae, wouldn’t you have expected something like that?”I asked.

“No! I thought you would just do a simple proposal!”you exclaimed.

“For someone as awesome as you, you deserve a grand proposal,”I smiled.

“Oh, you are so cheesy!”you didn’t know whether to laugh or cry as you sniffed.

“That’s why you love me,”I grinned.

“Shut up! I don’t!”you covered my mouth.

“Oh, then what’s this? You don’t want it? Give it back to me then!”I grabbed your wrist while looking at the ring on your finger.

“You are so impossible!!”you shook your head.

“Impossible to resist,”I smirked.

“What have I done to myself? I just agreed to marry an egoistic man! Oh, my poor life,”you joked.

“I did so much for you and that’s all you have to say?”I raised an eyebrow.

“Hee hee, I love you, Lee Hyukjae,”you kissed me all of a sudden.

“I love you too,”I replied through the kiss.

 End of Chapter

DarkAngel