Preparations

My Heart Beats Only For You

The next picture made me smile even more. It was a picture of the both of us with our face side by side. This picture was taken on your birthday during the same month of our picnic. On our 8th monthsary of our unofficial status, we celebrated your birthday as well. Of course, it would be selfish of us to celebrate your birthday without Donghae. So, we did invite him along and thanks to him, we all had a blast. Donghae, being sociable, had lots of contacts in school and he ended up helping me to organize the best birthday bash ever for your 19th birthday.

On the day of your birthday, Donghae and I had gotten up early and he had come over to my house. The both of us began cooking up a storm in my kitchen. Well, I WAS THE ONLY ONE COOKING. He was just, eating all the food that I cooked.

“Lee Donghae! STOP EATING!”I whacked him for the umpteenth time.

“Sorry, its too good to resist. Even the looks of it!”he just closed his eyes and smelled the aroma of the chicken that I just cooked a few minutes ago.

“If you ever told any stranger that Haemin and you are siblings, they would really believe you,”I shook my head.

“That glutton really takes after me eh?”Donghae said smugly.

I turned away to continue cooking while he just continued sitting there, playing with the knife, pretending to help me cut vegetables.  I seriously wonder why he bothered to wake up early to rot at my house. His phone rang and he answered it.

“Oh, thank you! I’ll come down and collect it now,”he hung up.

I turned to face him.  He just smiled sheepishly.

“You ordered alcohol, didn’t you?!”I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Well, yeah, I did. My chauffeur is dropping it off. He’s at your lobby now,”Donghae scratched the back of his head.

“Lee Donghae! Didn’t you say you would keep the party clean?”I sighed.

“What’s a party without alcohol? Don’t worry, Haemin’s parents won’t ever find out,”Donghae came towards me to hug me.

“Cause the two of you will be staying over at my house, right?”I sighed again.

He broke the hug and smiled at me.

“You know us so well. Be right back,”with that, he ran off to collect the alcohol.

I continued cooking while sighing. Thank goodness, my parents were away for a business trip. Well, my dad. His company was fond of sending him to random places and this time, it was to Japan and my mum, decided to tag along. The door opened and I heard lots of bottles clinking together. I turned and my jaw dropped. With the help of his chauffeur, Donghae had managed to bring in three boxes of alcohol into my house.

“Thanks, buddy! Take care on the way home!”he patted the chauffeur’s back.

When he turned, he lost his smile and looked nervous. All I did was sigh.

“Promise me one thing, Lee Donghae. Don’t let Haemin drink too much,”I said firmly.

“I promise! I’ll watch over. I’m her older brother, remember,”he smiled.

“An irresponsible one at that,”I smiled back.

“YAH!”Donghae exclaimed.

Soon, we continued doing our own things. I was still cooking and Donghae was just trying to put all the bottles into my refrigerator. He went on to check on the cake and all sorts of things. It was soon 11.30am. My phone rang in my room and Donghae rushed to get it for me.

“Hello?”I heard him answering it.

“Your Eunhyuk is busy,”

“With another girl,”

I rolled my eyes and moved on to check on the spaghetti before going onto mince the beef for it.

“Your Haemin wants to talk to you,”Donghae shoved the phone to my ear.

“Happy birthday, princess!”I smiled.

“Oh, I forgot to wish her! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!”Donghae shouted at the top of his lungs.

“Yah, I’m talking here. Could you not interrupt and eavesdrop?”I frowned while looking at him.

“Can you even talk to her without me here? Look at the state you’re in,”Donghae gestured at the beef on the chopping board.

“Fine,”I replied him.

You began to giggle on the other line.

“Thank you, Eunhyukkie. Help me thank Donghae too!”you said.

“She thanks you,”I told Donghae.

“You’re welcome!”Donghae shouted.

“Aish, Haemin, can we talk another time? Donghae’s just beside me. It’s hard to talk,”I told you.

“Okay okay! But when can I go over?! I’m bored here!”you exclaimed.

“When can she come over?”I asked Donghae.

“We’ll let you know!”he shouted.

“Aigoo. Alright! Take care. I’ll see you later,”you said before hanging up.

“She ended the call,”I told Donghae.

He placed the phone somewhere else and just watched me mince the beef.

“So, the guests only arrive at 4pm, you say?”I asked.

“That’s right! That’ll leave you plenty of time to cook. You’ll go fetch her at around 4.30pm,”Donghae said while looking at the clock.

“Thanks for helping me plan this,”I smiled.

“No problem!”Donghae said before going to the fridge to get some milk to drink.

Soon, we settled down for lunch and took a break from all the preparations. After an hour of break, I continued cooking while Donghae lazed around on the couch. As the time went ticking by, I grew more anxious, worried that I cannot finish cooking by 4pm. It was my first time cooking for so many people and I was really nervous.

“Yah, Donghae, I need your help!”I shouted to him in the living room.

“What do you need help with?”he rushed over.

I instructed him on a few things to do. But he was hopeless in the kitchen just like you.

“No wonder, you two always claimed that you were siblings in your past life,”I shook my head before going over to show Donghae how to cut the mushrooms.

I rushed back to where I was and continued.

“OOPS!”Donghae exclaimed.

I turned and saw the mushroom on the floor.

“Lee Dong…,”he cut me off.

“Don’t worry, I’ll do better on the next one,”he reassured me.

Silence then enveloped us. I was doing my own things and time passed by before I decided to check on him.

“You okay?”I asked.

“I guess so,”he frowned.

The doorbell rang and his face lit up. He rushed to the door and Soobin appeared.

“Oh, baby, thank god you’re here! Can you help me? I’m dying in the kitchen!”I heard him exclaiming to you.

“Hi, Soobin! Thanks for coming!”I smiled.

“Hey! Sorry that I can only come now. I was busy with some homework! What do you need help with? I’ll definitely do a better job than this fish here,”she chuckled.

“Why don’t you take over me?”Donghae grinned while showing her all the cutting that he has done.

“I think you should continue with the cutting. You seem to be doing a good job. I’ll help with some other things. Eunhyuk seems really busy,”she patted Donghae’s face while he just pouted.

I chuckled as Soobin came towards me. I told her the things that I was cooking and she started without having me to say anything more. She was really a good cook and whip up a few finger food within an hour. The doorbell started to ring non-stop at 3.50pm and friends that we see in school began to arrive.

“Hey, Donghae!”

“Hey, Eunhyuk!”

“That girl is my girlfriend, Soobin. Pretty, isn’t she?”

“Where’s Haemin?”

“The star doesn’t arrive so early!”

“Drinks for anyone?”

“Leave the presents there!”

Soobin and I just greeted while we continued to busy ourselves with the food and in a flash, we were done!

“Thanks! Without you, I doubt I could finish it on time!”I smiled at Soobin.

“No problem!”she smiled back.

“Eunhyuk! It’s 4.30pm! Go fetch Haemin!”Donghae ran over to me.

“Oh, alright! I’ll go get changed first!”I hurried to my room.

After changing, I said my goodbye to everyone in the living room and rushed out. I brisk walked to your house and rang the doorbell. The door opened and standing there was the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. My heart began thumping like a horse galloping. I was at a loss for words as I fell in love all over again.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel