Thank You

My Heart Beats Only For You

The next day, I woke up in that rascal’s room. The smell of breakfast filled the room so I got out to brush my teeth. On the mirror, there was a new post it. It read,”Eunhyuk oppa! Hurry wash up! There’s breakfast downstairs! Haemin!” Though it wasn’t as sweet as the one you wrote for Key, it still melted my heart. I took a quick shower after brushing my teeth. I went downstairs happily but my smile didn’t last. It disappeared as I see Key’s arms round your waist, teaching you how to cook waffles. The waffles were ready and you looked so happy as you placed it on a plate.

 

“Wow, it looks good,”Key nodded his head.

 

“My first ever waffle. I’ll give it to you,”you passed the plate to Key.

 

“It’ll probably taste awful,”Key studied the waffle on the plate.

 

“You!”you laughed as you smacked him.

 

That idiot. Can’t he just be nice to you? I walked down the stairs and you looked up.

 

“Hey! Morning! Are you feeling better?”you asked with a smile.

 

“A little. I’ll be okay to go home later,”I smiled.

 

“Are you sure? Don’t you want to stay for another day?”you asked, a little worried.

 

“It’s okay!”I smiled.

 

“I’ll go cook some more waffle for you,”you smiled.

 

“Eunhyuk, you can eat this waffle first,”Key was about to pass the plate to me.

 

“NO! That’s my first ever waffle. YOU must eat it,”you said firmly.

 

There was silence and my heart sank.

 

“Erm, sorry about that. But I just want Key to eat my first ever waffle,”you struggled to explain.

 

“Fine, I’ll eat it. Quick, go cook one more,”Key ruffled your hair.

 

You hopped off to cook another waffle for me.

 

“Sorry about that. Haemin can get a little insensitive at times,”Key smiled at me.

 

“It’s okay,”I faked a smile.

 

A little insensitive?! I found that VERY insensitive. Well, it wasn’t your fault. You don’t even know I like you. You were just worried that Eunhyuk who looks like a monkey will eat your precious Key’s waffle. Sigh. After you were done cooking two more waffles for you and me, you settled down to eat breakfast with us.

 

“Haemin, can you pass me the maple syrup?”Key spoke.

 

You reached out to grab the maple syrup bottle. You then helped Key squeeze a whole lot of it onto his waffle.

 

“Ya! This is too much syrup,”Key complained.

 

You stuck out your tongue at him before squeezing a little for yourself. Key took the blueberry jam and scooped this big portion of jam before putting on your waffle.

 

“Kim Kibum! What are you trying to do?!”you smacked him.

 

“Revenge,”he smirked.

 

“You!”you reached out for tomato sauce and squeezed a whole lot onto his waffle.

 

“YUCK! Tomato sauce with waffle? Haemin!”Key looked devastated at his ruined waffle.

 

“Don’t you dare do anything to my waffle,”you grinned cheekily.

 

Key reached out to grab your fork with has a piece of waffle. He dipped the fork into your glass of milk before passing it back to you. He smiled as he looked at your horrified face. You ate the piece of waffle that was dipped in milk.

 

“It taste good. Really, Key. You should try it too,”you nodded your head as you dipped another piece into your glass of milk.

 

Key gave a disgusted look but you pushed the fork towards his lips. He gave in and opened his mouth to eat the waffle.

 

“YUCK! Haemin! You have poor taste. It’s so disgusting!”Key wanted to spit out the waffle.

 

“Don’t spit out! Just finish it quickly,”you laughed.

 

After Key swallowed it, he gave you a look that said he totally hated it. You laughed.

 

“Okay okay! I’m sorry for lying,”you smiled.

 

Key nodded his head before eating his waffle. While you two were fighting, I was just quietly eating my waffle. This is pure torture, really. I quickly finished my last bit before picking up the plate.

 

“Eunhyuk, leave it. I’ll wash it for you,”you stood up to take the plate from me.

 

“Nah, I’ll wash it myself. I feel bad for creating so much trouble. At least let me help,”I said.

 

“You’re sick! Besides, it wasn’t much! I can’t possibly let my friend die, right?”you smiled.

 

I smiled weakly. Friend. Will I always be just your friend? You came out to pass me my clothes that you have already wash.

 

“Here! Your clean clothes,”you smiled.

 

“Thank you, I’ll go change and go home. Thank you so much for taking care of me,”I bowed.

 

“No need to thank me. That’s what friends are for,”you smiled.

 

I went up to the room to change before coming out.

 

“Haemin, I’ll get going,”I shouted to you.

 

“Wait! I’ll walk you back home!”you ran out of the kitchen.

 

“No need!”I waved my hands in front of me.

 

“I’ll be worried sick if I were to let you go home alone,”you sat as you put your shoes on.

 

I smiled a little, knowing you cared.

 

“Kibum, I’ll be right back,”you called out.

 

“Okay!”Key shouted back.

 

“Let’s go,”you smiled as you opened the front door.

 

We walked out together in silence. When we reached my front door, we stopped.

 

“Erm, you wanna come in and have a drink?”I asked.

 

“It’s okay! You’ll need to rest. I packed some of the medicine in here. Remember to take it, okay!”you smiled as you passed me a small box.

 

“Thank you so much!”I smiled.

 

“I’ll be going then. Bye!”you waved as the lift came up to bring you down.

 

I opened the front door and rest on the sofa. I’m all alone again. I opened the box of medicine that you packed and found a note. I opened it.

 

[Eunhyuk! Take care! Hope you get well soon! From, Haemin!]

 

I smiled. I didn’t know that a paper that has a few words written could make me smile like an idiot. It sure made my day. But it soon disappeared when I recall what happened this morning. I keep forgetting you’re attached. Damn!

End of Chapter

DarkAngel