Swim with The Dancing Anchovy

My Heart Beats Only For You

I flipped to the following page. Greeting me was a picture of me beaming while you kissed me on the cheek. My heart warmed at the memory of it. This picture would explain days of hard work done by you to help me garner votes around the campus so that I could get the President position of the student union. On the day that we got together, you had promised to help me design posters and flyers to be placed or distributed around the campus. True to your promise, you came knocking on of the door of my dormitory after two days.

After opening the door, I was in shock to see you holding onto a huge mounted poster.

“Aren’t you going to let me in?”you asked.

“Let me carry that for you,”I reached out to carry the poster.

You walked in and greeted Ryeowook before putting your bag on my bed. I surveyed the poster as I held it in front of me. It was a picture of me posing in a charismatic way. (That photo was taken by Ryeowook who had wanted to experiment with his new camera) My picture came with the caption: ‘Vote For Lee Hyukjae (Eunhyuk)! Swim With The Dancing Anchovy!’

“Do you like it? I’ve already pasted some of them,”you laughed as I showed Ryeowook your masterpiece.

“I’ve to say that the caption is rather attention-grabbing. It’s my first time seeing that,”Ryeowook laughed.

Not only was I active in the Student Union, I was part of the dance ensemble in school. I was always one of the main dancers but I was not chosen to be President of the ensemble. That had actually disappointed me. Though, I wasn’t depressed for long since my popularity was obviously higher than that of the President herself. I’m not kidding.

“I did the flyer too!”you opened your bag to reveal a huge stash of flyers inside.

“You printed all those?!”I exclaimed.

“Yeah! Of course! It’s my free day today. I’ll go around distributing later,”you smiled as you passed me a flyer to read.

On it were many pictures showing different sides of me. There was me with my geeky glasses, me with another charistmatic pose (thanks to Ryeowook once again) and lastly, me doing a handstand during a performance. And again, there were the same caption on the flyer.

“Is it okay? I could re-do it for you,”you came over with one arm round my waist while looking at the flyer.

“It’s okay! I love it. Thanks, princess!”I pinched your cheek.

“Give me some. I’ll help you give it out!”Ryeowook stretched his hand out.

You gave Ryeowook a stack and when I went over, you smacked my hand.

“Just focus on speech day! It’s only three days from now! Let me handle the publicity part,”you smiled.

“I’ll help her out. So don’t worry,”Ryeowook reassured me.

“Thanks! You two are the best!”I grinned.

After you packed your bag, Ryeowook and you left to go distribute the flyers around campus. I hurriedly changed and packed my bag to go for a lecture. I remembered walking towards the Business block and seeing posters of myself already pasted on the pillars. Students walking about had flyers in their hands.

“Oh! Look! It’s Eunhyuk!”a girl had squealed while shaking her friend’s arm.

Seeing how she was smiling so brightly, I smiled back.

“I’ll vote for you!”she called out.

“Thanks! Please get your friends to vote as well,”I bowed.

“We will! You look so cool when you dance!!”she continued to squeal.

“Thank you!”I bowed again.

“Are you heading to class? You better get going then! FIGHTING!”she smiled.

“See you around!”I grinned before walking off.

“Isn’t he handsome?”

“Yeah, too bad he’s attached,”

I could only chuckle to myself as I made my way to the lecture hall. Standing right outside the hall, waiting for me was Junsu, my classmate. He waved when he saw me and we went into the hall together.

“Everybody’s talking about your poster! ‘Swim with the dancing anchovy’? That’s so unique!”Junsu smiled.

“It’s not my doing. Credit goes to Haemin,”I grinned proudly.

I had introduced Junsu to you and you two met a couple of times when you came to meet me after class to go for dinner together.

“She’s really creative eh?”Junsu commented.

“Of course. She’s my girlfriend, mind you,”I smirked.

“So, you two are official now?”his eyes were huge while he exclaimed.

I grinned while he patted me on the back. During the lecture, I could barely concentrate, not with all the excitement of the elections coming up. Everyone in the hall was talking about it. After the lecture end, guys who walked pass gave me a smile while girls could only giggle and wave. The best thing was all of them who did that told me that they would vote for me.

“Thank you!”I kept bowing as Junsu and I made my out of the hall.

The crowd soon dispersed while I was left giddy with happiness.

“So, the dancing anchovy is getting rather popular, huh?”

Junsu and I turned around to lock eyes with you. Well, I couldn’t really see your eyes since you were smiling that captivating eye smile of yours but you get my point.

“Thanks to you. Everybody has been complimenting your caption,”I smiled as I hugged you.

“Yeah, that was really cool,”Junsu smiled.

“No need to thank me. A dinner will do,”you winked as I let go of you.

I laughed before we bade Junsu farewell. We went towards the school cafeteria and mounted on the walls were posters of all the candidates of the elections and there was mine.

“You look really good with your red hair,”you surveyed the poster.

I could only smile as we settled down at one of the table. We decided on what to eat and I went to queue for the food. I stepped into line and a girl standing in front, turned around to look.

“Oh, Eunhyuk! Good luck for the elections!”the girl smiled.

Her name was Yuri. She was the Vice-President of the dance ensemble. I guess the dance instructor was pretty ist when she chose the two Presidents.

“Thanks! I sure hope I win though,”I grinned.

“You will, don’t worry! Your prospects of winning are rather high. Everyone’s talking about voting for you,”she told me.

“That’s good!”I smiled.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel