Let's Go

My Heart Beats Only For You

The next photo that I turned to was one of my favourites and it really made my heart ached a lot more. It was a photo of us with our lips on each other while your lips were curled into a smile, happy that we were kissing. This was taken on our second anniversary as a couple. To make it more special, I had planned a trip to Busan from Seoul. I even booked the accommodation and everything. All I told you was that we were going on a trip and to pack your bags for the weekend. After I told you about our trip, you were so excited that you wouldn’t stop gushing over it. You even called up your parents to tell them all about it, earning their approval to go to another state with me. When we met up for dates, you wouldn’t stop telling me how jealous your roommate was that we were going somewhere together.

The day that we were about to set off, I had put everything in the car before I went off to meet you. After opening the door, you kept waving to your roommate as you dragged your bag out, oblivious to me standing right behind till you bumped into me.

“OH!”you bumped right into me.

You looked up, ready to apologise when you saw me.

 “Oh, hello,”you gave me a shy smile, hand still on the strap on the bulk that you call your luggage.

“Let’s go,”I smiled back as I reached out for your bag.

“I’ll carry it myself. It’s too girly for you,”you blocked the strap with your body.

I looked at your bag that was covered in prints of hello kitty.

“Nah, it’s okay! It’s too heavy,”I said.

“No,”you persisted with your stubbornness.

“Fine, let’s go,”I shook my head.

We took off and you kept dragging your bag slowly towards the elevator. You managed to bring it into the elevator and continued to drag it to the entrance of your dormitory building before attempting to carry it to prevent it from getting dirty. (The floor of the dormitory buildings is quite clean because the cleaners clean it often) But I couldn’t stand seeing you in misery.

“Haemin, give me the bag,”I said firmly.

“No. You know how I hate guys who carry their girlfriends’ bags,”you said.

“This is heavy, for god’s sake,”I sighed.

You shook your head, still refusing my help. So, I had no choice but to kneel in front of you without a word.

“What now?”you asked.

“How on earth are you going to carry that huge bag without my help? Get on my back. You can carry the bag all you want and I’ll carry you to my car,”I said.

“Are you mad? Do you know how heavy the bag is?!”you exclaimed.

“Get on, Kim Haemin before I carry you bridal style. If we drag anymore, we won’t be able to leave on time, my dear,”I looked at you.

“Okay, fine, here. Carry the bag. I can walk,”you said as you passed the bag to me.

I grabbed the strap and we began walking. But feeling playful, I grabbed you and carried you bridal style. Shocked by the sudden attack by me, you screamed. I couldn’t stop laughing and continued walking till you realised what was going on.

“Yah, what are you doing? This is so embarrassing!”you covered your face.

“Nobody’s here. It’s only 7 in the morning, idiot,”I said as I made my way towards my car.

“You actually look rather handsome from this position,”you said as your surveyed my face.

“Oh, really? So would you like to sleep on my lap from now onwards?”I asked cheekily.

“What kind of question is that?!”you punched my chest, causing me to stop for abit.

“What in the world are you doing?”I was bewildered as I continued walking.

“Did it hurt?”you asked cheekily.

“No, you’re so weak,”I smirked as I let you down right in front of the passenger seat of my car.

“You!”you began raining punches on me.

I found it so adorable that I didn’t stop you. But seeing as you were getting tired, I let go of your bag immediately, ready to take my revenge.

“YAH! My bag is going to be dirty…,”but I silenced you as I grabbed your head towards me for a kiss.

I felt as your grip weakened on my shirt as you returned the kiss. I was about to get carried away when you pushed me a little.

“We’re in public, mind you,”you said before getting into the car.

I chuckled as I grabbed your bag that I threw on the floor. I looked around just in case anybody saw what had happened but there was not a single soul around. I put your bag into the back seat and got into the car before driving off.

“Where are we going for breakfast?”you asked.

“I know a place that sells really good kimchi soup. But it’s an hour’s ride from here, are you hungry?”I asked.

“No, I can wait for good food,”you smiled.

“Good. Why don’t you sleep for awhile? I’ll wake you up when we reach,”I smiled back.

“Okay, then I can take over the wheel after breakfast,”you said.

“No, you will not. I’m driving all the way to our destination. You don’t even know where we’re going,”I said firmly.

“You never let me do anything,”you lamented.

“Isn’t that good? That means I’m an awesome boyfriend who pampers you,”I grinned.

You just gave me a look of disgust before going off to sleep. I continued driving, listening to the sounds of you sleeping.

“Lee Hyukjae…,”

“Hmm?”I answered.

There was silence and at a red light, I turned to see that you were still sleeping.

“Talking in her sleep,”I shook my head before smiling.

“I’ll kill you…,”

My eyes widened at the words that you were uttering in your sleep. But a car from behind had honked me to tell me that the green light was back on so I resumed my duty as the driver.

“But you know I love you, right…”

Although it was really soft, I could hear it clearly.

“Are you really asleep?”I asked out loud.

But there was no answer from you. When we finally reached the restaurant, I woke you up.

“OH! YAY! BREAKFAST!”you cheered.

“Haemin ah, did you have any dream just now?”I asked.

“OH YES! I dreamt that I was riding a dinosaur! It was really fun!!”you exclaimed.

“Did you dream of me?”I asked.

“No, why are you being so thick-skinned?”you scrunched up your face.

“You really didn’t dream of me?”I asked.

“Really. What’s the matter?”you asked.

I then told you what had happened awhile ago.

“I ACTUALLY SLEEP TALK?!”you were so horrified.

“Yes. And you just admitted your love for me,”I winked.

“Oh my god, that was my insanity kicking in. Just ignore it,”you brushed it off.

I rolled my eyes, a little upset that you wouldn’t admit that you love me freely. I was just about to get off when you pulled my arm. I turned around and you pulled the collar of my shirt towards you. My lips crashed on yours and I felt the sides of your lips curling up.

“I love you, Hyukjae,”you mumbled against my lips.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel