My Birthday

My Heart Beats Only For You

Thinking of our first Valentine’s Day together, it made me tear up again. Ever since that day, every year, we spent Valentine’s Day together. That would be six Valentine’s Day before you left. Do you still remember those years? Those years that you smiled so brightly with no worries as you held my hand. Of course, I wasn’t the best boyfriend in the world. I had flaws that you seem to have accepted. Our love was so perfect till you left.

The next photograph was a picture that we took on my 19th birthday. It was a photo of Donghae, you and I at a noraebang. It had been two months after Valentine’s Day by then. Donghae and you planned to bring me there so we could have fun celebrating my birthday together. I recalled sleeping soundly in my room before hearing a loud ‘BANG!’ in the silence of my room. I jumped up and saw Donghae and you acting like dorks, laughing loudly.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”you two shouted.

“Aish! What’s with you two? I was still sleeping,”I covered my face.

“It’s already noon! Oh, you still look pretty, don’t worry,”you laughed as you grabbed my hand.

“Wake up, idiot. We need to get going,”Donghae punched me lightly.

“Here’s your present! It’s from Donghae and I!”you passed me a box.

“Can I open it now?”I asked.

“Sure,”Donghae grinned.

I opened it to find a pair of gold high cut shoes.

“Wow, it looks really cool! Thank you!”I smiled.

“No problem!”Donghae smiled.

“Now, go shower,”you said.

The both of you waited patiently as I went to shower and get ready.

“Can you all stop staring at me when I’m eating?”I asked.

“Alright, alright. Eat faster,”Donghae said before pulling you away.

The two of you then watched television programmes. I hurriedly finished my food before grabbing my bag. We headed to the nearest noraebang and got one of the biggest rooms.

“WHOO!”you were all excited before we even started.

“WAIT! Let’s take a picture first,”I shouted.

I took out my handy camera and took a picture of us. We then selected a lot of songs. From love songs to songs that were sung by idols of the first generation, we sang it all. We even imitated the idols on the screen.

“Kim Dongwan!”you spazzed when Shinhwa appeared on the big screen.

“I’m much more handsome,”I joked.

“Oh, you really are,”you turned to pinch my cheek and wink.

When you turned back to sing ‘Perfect Man’ by Shinhwa, I felt as if the time has stopped. With that compliment, I just couldn’t concentrate anymore.

“Yah, Eunhyuk, it’s our turn,”Donghae shoved a microphone into my hand.

I looked at the screen to see H.O.T dancing around.

“WHOO! CANDY!”you cheered loudly.

Donghae and I danced as we sang along. Then, it came to your favourite song, ‘I’m Your Girl’ by S.E.S! When you sang, we were amazed at how well you sang.

“Wah, Haemin, you sing as well as Bada,”Donghae complimented.

“How can you compare me with her? She’s someone I look up to,”you replied.

There was a knock on our door and a waiter came in holding many bottles of alcohol.

“Your drinks,”the waiter left it on the table.

“Yah, Lee Donghae, why did you order it? I don’t drink, remember,”I nudged Donghae.

“I didn’t order it!”Donghae shook his head.

We all turned to you immediately.

“I didn’t order it as well! I think they made a mistake,”you said.

There was silence amongst us as the background music of FIN.KL’s Now continued playing.

“So, this is free?”Donghae asked.

“I guess so,”you replied.

“Then, let’s just drink it!”Donghae suggested.

“Are you mad?”I asked.

“It’s not like we’re underaged. You’re 19 for god’s sake,”Donghae said as he opened the bottle.

“Are you sure we should drink? What if we get too drunk?”you asked.

“We won’t! I’m a good drinker. Eunhyuk doesn’t drink. So, don’t worry about us. YOU! Don’t drink too much,”Donghae looked at you.

You nodded and took a glass from Donghae. After drinking it in one shot, you went back to singing.

“Yah, Donghae, I really don’t think it’s a good idea. What will her mum say when she sees Haemin all drunk?”I nudged Donghae.

“Who says she’s going home today? Haemin and I plan to have a sleepover at your house! We brought all our clothes,”Donghae looked up at me.

“WHAT?!”I exclaimed.

“It’s a surprise!”he grinned.

I sighed.

“Relax, brother! We’ll be fine! I’ll watch over her,”Donghae patted my back.

We then went back to singing the songs. I began to forget the presence of the alcohol and kept singing while I went high. When our session was over, I looked over to see your cheeks all flushed from the alcohol.

“Hey, you okay?”I asked.

“I think I drank too much. My face is red, isn’t it?”you asked.

I nodded.

“I need to go to the toilet,”you stood up and covered your mouth with your hand.

“Is she alright?”Donghae asked.

“I sure hope so,”

With that, we went to the toilet to wait for you. You came out and looked up.

“Did you vomit?”I asked.

“No, I thought I needed to,”you smiled a little.

“What’s the time now?”Donghae asked.

“It’s dinner time. Let’s eat something before heading back to my house,”I said.

We went to a nice place to eat. We ordered soup, meat and rice.

“Eat something to fill up your stomach,”I gave you the first piece of meat.

You nodded and ate.

“Kim Haemin, your cheeks are still pink,”Donghae laughed as he ate.

We ate as we talked. We stayed till late at night were chased out by ahjumma. We then took a taxi back to my house.

“AUNTY!”Donghae shouted when my mother opened the front door.

“Aigoo! Donghae! It’s been long! Hello, Haemin,”my mum greeted.

“Hi, aunty!”you smiled.

“Omma, they insist on staying over,”I explained to my mother.

My father was overseas at that time.

“It’s okay! Haemin can take your room. You boys can sleep in the living room,”my mum said.

“I’m fine with it,”Donghae smiled at her.

We went to my room to put all our bags. We took turns to shower. When Donghae was showering, I was left in my room with you.

“Did you enjoy your birthday?”you asked.

“Of course!”I looked at you.

We were both sitting on my bed.

“You look a little upset when Donghae suggested drinking the free alcohol,”you said.

“Well, I was afraid that you’ll get too drunk. How would I explain to your mother then?”I answered.

That was when you looked up and into my eyes. Your cheeks became redder than it was. But I had thought it was because of the alcohol. You looked away.

“Wait, don’t look away. Your eyes are really big. Can I see your eyes?”I asked.

I was just trying to tease you since you always blush when you look into my eyes. You turned your head and slowly, we made eye contact. Although I had suggested this to tease you, it seemed the plan backfired for I was lost in your eyes. I blinked and hurriedly look away. You cleared your throat.

“You’re weird,”you said.

“I guess I am, a little,”I scratched the back of my head.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel