Ski Resort

My Heart Beats Only For You

The next picture was one that was taken at a ski resort. Donghae, you and I were grinning while making snow angels in the snow. After working part-time for a month, there was another month of holiday to go and our families decided to bring us all to a ski resort. That was when the parents met one another. I remember that all our dads drove and we were all in Donghae’s car for it was the biggest. All the way there, we slept, played games or sang loudly in the backseat. It was a long car trip but we enjoyed almost every minute of it. But halfway through, I suffered from motion sickness and all the cars had to stop as I felt like vomiting.

As I stood at the road side, holding onto a paper bag, you kept rubbing my back to try to make me feel better. Donghae was holding onto a bottle of water. After I tried unsuccessfully to vomit, we got back into the cars.

“You can lean on me to sleep, it beats leaning on the side of the car,”you smiled.

You were seated in between Donghae and me.

“Thanks,”I tried to smile though I wasn’t feeling too good at that time.

The car was silent as Donghae had fallen asleep. I tried to sleep but to no avail.

“Can’t sleep? I’ll sing you a lullaby,”you smiled.

I nodded my head as I tried to sleep. Then, I heard your soft voice, singing a melody. You then pushed my head so it rested on your shoulder. Feeling comfortable, I drifted off to sleep.

“Eunhyuk,”

I was shaken awake by you. I opened my eyes to see that we have finally arrived at the ski resort.

“Thanks for lending me your shoulder,”I smiled.

“No problem,”you smiled back.

We all alighted from the cars to check in. It was late at night then. We got the key to a house. The three families were going to stay together. There were altogether four rooms. You slept with your parents in their room while Donghae and I shared a room. Donghae and I dragged our luggage to the room and lay on the bed.

“How was sleeping on Haemin’s shoulder?”Donghae turned to ask then.

“Shut up,”I hurriedly grab my clothes to take a quick shower.

As I stood in the shower, I replayed the moment. I had really enjoyed the feeling of leaning on you as you sang a lullaby. Of course, I didn’t know at that point of time that I would actually have the privilege of having that moment replayed dozens of times.

After we showered, we headed to bed. In the silence, we decided to have a short heart to heart talk.

“Do you plan on confessing?”Donghae asked.

“Not so soon. I really have to make sure we’re compatible and stuff or it’ll be unfair for her,”I said.

“True. But I think you two are really perfect for each other,”he said.

“Are you sure?”I asked.

“Yes,”he said firmly.

We then slept. The next morning, we all woke up early to have breakfast. We were all covered from head to toe. When your dad opened the door to let us all out, we ran out and began throwing snow balls at each other. I then asked my mum to help us take a picture.

“It’ll be boring if we just stood there and smile!”Donghae suddenly said.

“True, what do we do then?”you asked.

“Let’s take a picture of us making snow angels!”I grinned.

We then got into position and my mum snapped the picture. Donghae then got ready his skis.

“Hyuk, you’re not coming, right?”Donghae asked.

I shook my head before smiling.

“Why not?”you asked.

“He prefers going around taking pictures,”Donghae answered.

One by one, the adults left. Donghae was about to leave when he turned back.

“Haemin, you coming?”he asked.

You looked at me. I looked into your eyes and I saw hesitation.

“Er, yeah. Bye, Eunhyuk,”you waved.

Donghae came over to help you carry your skis and you two walked away. I walked around, looking for nice scenery. At some point of time, I even went into the lobby to get hot chocolate. Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around and saw you smiling at me.

“What are you doing here?”I asked.

“I’m here to keep you company! You seem so lonely! Donghae will do fine skiing alone,”you said.

I smiled and we went around taking pictures. All of a sudden, I sneezed.

“Are you feeling cold?”you asked.

“A little,”I admitted.

“Take my scarf then. It’s black so it’s not girly for you to use it,”you grinned before taking off your scarf.

“You’ll be cold too!”I declined.

“I’ll be fine! You need it more than I do,”you insisted.

You then draped it round my neck.

“Feeling better?”you asked with a smile.

“Thanks,”I nodded.

We continued walking around in the snow and soon it was lunch time. We headed back to the lobby to meet up with the rest. We then went back to wash up before going for lunch. We settled down to eat but you didn’t eat much.

“Are you sick?”your mum asked.

“I think I caught a cold,”you sniffed.

Instantly, guilt over washed me. It was that scarf that you lent me that did it. If you hadn’t lent it to me, you wouldn’t have been sick.

“I’ll be fine,”you smiled.

After lunch, you went back to your room to rest. Donghae and I decided to go and keep you company. We opened the door to see you lying in bed with a box of tissue.

“You okay?”Donghae asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine,”you said as we sat on the big bed.

“I’m sorry. If not for me, you wouldn’t have caught the cold,”I apologized.

“Nah, it wasn’t your fault,”you brushed it off.

“What’s going on?”Donghae suddenly asked, not knowing what happened.

I then explained it to him. He nodded his head.

“Aren’t you guys gonna go skiing again? The adults went off already,”you said.

“We’re staying to keep you company!”Donghae said.

“There’s no need to!”you said.

“You’ll be the only one not having fun if we went off! If we stayed, we can all have fun then!”I smiled.

“Moreover, Eunhyuk and I would be too worried to have fun outside,”Donghae smiled.

“Aww, you two are really my best friends!”you smiled.

We then went over to your side to have a group hug.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel