White Lies

My Heart Beats Only For You

A week had passed since my initial meeting with Professor Park and during the rehearsals of the graduation ceremony; we had even rehearsed my proposal with the entire cohort. When Professor Park informed them of the idea during our first rehearsal, they went wild and kept cheering non-stop. They had also promised not to spill anything to anybody on campus. And this was kept a secret within my batch of course mates and Professor Park himself. Donghae came over regularly in secret to help me rehearse my lines for my graduation speech as Student President and also my proposal lines. Ryeowook helped out as well. The three of us became extremely busy during that one week. On top of that, I had to continue packing to move out. During my dates with you, I had to act nonchalant and excited about graduation.

Two days before graduation, Ryeowook and you helped to move my belongings into my car so that I can move back to my house.

“I’ll miss you! You’ve been a great roommate,”Ryeowook smiled at me before giving me a hug.

“I’ll miss you too! Don’t get too close to your new roommate, understand?”I joked.

“I won’t. He’s a freshman and moving in next week,”Ryeowook gave me a look that spoke of annoyance.

He was hoping that he would get a whole room to himself since he was due to graduate the next year. But the administrators had changed the rules this semester and decided that a mixture of freshmen and seniors as roommates would be a good idea. Besides, Ryeowook isn’t too fond of strangers. He takes awhile to warm up to them. He says it’s because he’s shy. But people who know him well enough beg to differ. He’s really noisy when he wants to be.

“I’ll miss you too!”you piped up with a grin.

“I’ll come and visit you often!”I grinned back.

It was a white lie but you didn’t have to know that at that point of time. Ryeowook who knew my plan just smiled, eyes twinkling at me.

“I’ll entrust you in Ryeowook’s care then,”I ruffled your hair.

“I’ll take good care of her,”Ryeowook played along.

“I won’t look at the other guys, I promise,”you smiled that sweet eye smile.

“Good!”I smiled my signature gummy smile.

“You sure you two don’t need some alone time? I can disappear, you know,”Ryeowook asked.

“It’s okay, I need to go now,”I smiled.

And from the corner of my eyes, I saw that you were trying very hard to maintain that smile of yours. But from your eyes, I could see a wave of sadness. I hadn’t expected that big of a reaction from you.

“Alright then. See you at the graduation ceremony,”Ryeowook gave me one last hug.

“We’ll all be there,”you reassured me as you hugged me.

“See you!”I waved and got into my car.

After I buckled the seat belt and switched on the engine, I looked out the window and waved one last time before driving off. I heard the phone ring once to indicate that a message had came in but since I was driving, I ignored it and waited till I had reached the condominium that my family stayed in. When I reached, I took a while to stretch my upper body which had grown stiff from sitting for so long. I rest abit and began fiddling with some things in the compartment at the passenger side. After I was done, I took out my phone to call my parents for help to move everything up and saw that I had an unread message.

[YOU FOOL! YOU FORGOT TO GIVE ME A GOODBYE KISS! I HATE YOU! T.T]

I laughed at your message and called you immediately.

“You idiot,”you greeted me.

“So this is how you greet your favourite boy in the whole wide world?”I teased.

“Just because you turned blonde and became handsome, you think you can forget about basic boyfriend etiquette?”you hissed.

“Aigoo, is our Princess angry?”I smiled.

There was silence at the other end and I wondered if I went too far.

“Haemin ah, are you alright?”I stopped fooling around.

“Yeah, it’s just that I’m feeling this hole in my heart because you’re no longer within the vicinity,”you sighed.

“I’m sorry about not kissing you earlier on. I’ll make it up to you during my graduation alright?”I said softly.

I cursed myself for being insensitive again. I should have known better.

“No need to apologise. You aren’t at fault!”you answered.

“Alright, Princess. Get ready for class. I just reached my house and am about to call my mum and dad to come down and help with the moving. I’ll call you tonight, okay?”I chuckled.

“Okay! Take care, baby! I’ll be waiting for your call!”you giggled.

I hung up and called my parents who came down in a split second to help me move my boxes and luggage. It took us about twenty minutes to move everything back into my room.

“Welcome back, my son!”my dad patted me on the back.

“Take a rest first before unpacking. I bought strawberry milk for you this morning,”my mum led me out.

We settled down in the living room and I basked in the homely feeling that was surrounding me. It felt good to be back home.

“Eunhyuk, about your call the other day…,”my dad spoke up in a serious tone.

“Oh yeah! How’s it coming along? I’m sorry for asking you to help me. But I’m not really good with things like that,”I explained.

“Don’t worry about it. Your mum and I are experienced, after all. We’ve settled everything. You can go take one last look tomorrow if you want to,”my dad smiled.

“Thank you so much! Yeah, I will go tomorrow. I sure hope she will like it,”I smiled.

“She will! It’ll be such a nice surprise for her! Moreover, there’s nobody else who know her better than you,”my mum reassured me.

“I guess that’s true,”I sighed a sigh of relief.

“We wish you all the best,”my mum patted my shoulder.

“Thank you!”I reached out to hug her.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel

A/N: Hi my dear readers, I'm so sorry for the late update. I was busy with all my tests. Here's an update to feed your curiousity. It isn't much but I'll just like to keep you all in suspense a little longer. Look out for my next update!! :)