The Trust

My Heart Beats Only For You

Sorry everybody! Have been really busy! Here's the delayed update! Thank you for supporting!

I took out my phone and began to dial your number slowly, one digit at a time. Without hesitation, I pressed the call button. I held it to my ear as it rang. I looked at Ae-young’s smug face.

“And don’t you dare tell me that she’s not picking up her phone. That’s a stupid excuse,”she said.

If only I could, I would have slapped her tight in the face. But as a gentleman, I wouldn’t do that. Moreover, it’s against the law.

“Hello?”

Your voice disrupted my violent thoughts.

“Haemin, whatever happens, just remember that I love you, alright. Be careful,”I started saying at a fast pace.

Ae-young’s expression changed from smug to furious. She came over to grab my phone but I hung up.

“Lee Eunhyuk!”she hissed.

I dug for my wallet and took out enough to pay for the bill.

“Because it’s our last time going out, I’ll pay. Enjoy,”I left the money on the table and left to get a taxi.

I hurriedly tell the driver the address to your house. As he was driving, my stomach was churning. Ae-young had your number; she would have called you right away from revenge. I was clenching my fists so tightly that it turn white. When we finally reached your house, I paid the driver quickly before running to your front door to ring the doorbell. When the door swung open, my heart fell. You were standing right in front of me, with your phone in your hands.

“Haemin…,”I called out, not knowing what to say.

“Ae-young just called me,”you frowned.

“I can explain,”I hurriedly say.

“Explain what?”you asked.

“Ae-young…she…,”I didn’t know how to go about it.

“I know she’s trying to ruin our relationship. So, I told her off,”you smiled.

“You what?”my eyes widened.

“Come in, I’ll tell you all about it. You must be scared stiff,”you pulled me in.

You went to the kitchen to get strawberry milk before the both of us went up to your room. You passed the milk to me so that I can calm myself down.

“As I was saying, she called me to say you two were together and that I shouldn’t try to break you two up. Oh, and that we weren’t compatible. Anyway, she said a lot of nonsense. But after your phone call, I knew something was wrong so I scolded her,”you grinned.

“What did you say?”I grinned.

“Well, I asked her to stop hallucinating and that a break up isn’t the end of the world. On top of that, I just said a lot of motivational words to cheer her up and asked her to keep her hands off you before I call the police,”you smiled, ending your ‘speech’.

I smiled at how brave you were while my heart melted at your reaction. You didn’t even throw a tantrum.

“Don’t I deserve a treat?”you grinned cheekily.

“Oh, you’re such a glutton!”I teased, earning a punch in my stomach.

“Hey, I deserve one since I trusted you so much!!”you walked over to sit on an armchair, facing me.

“Haemin, I’m actually amazed at how much you trust me. Since you know…we’re not even an official couple yet,”I said shyly.

“I may have had a failed relationship but that doesn’t mean I don’t know that a relationship needs trust,”you came over to whack my head.

“Yah! Why are you hitting me again?”I rubbed my head.

“For the fun of it. Let’s go eat dinner. Grab your money, I’m going to burn a hole in your wallet,”you grinned before grabbing clothes to change into.

I shook my head as I laughed before lying down on your bed. I couldn’t wipe off the grin on my face as I thought of how much you believed in me.

“Let’s go!”you came back into your room.

We wore our shoes and walked towards the bus stop.

 “Why don’t we go shopping first? It’s too early for dinner,”I suggested.

“Sounds good,”you nodded.

We went to Hongdae and began walking around. We walked hand in hand, looking at clothes. In the end, we bought a pair of shoes each. Though we did fight about who should pay. I had wanted to pay for your shoes for today’s incident. But you argued saying, a guy should only pay for meals and not shopping. So, we stood there, reasoning with each other as the salesgirl looked on. But I ended up winning the argument and paid for it.

“Oh, look!”you called out before walking away to a pet shop.

You stick your head near the glass.

“Do you like animals a lot?”I asked.

“Yeah, but selectively,”you replied.

“You’re afraid of cats, aren’t you?”I smiled.

You turned around to face me.

“How did you know? I don’t remember telling you about it,”you were astonished.

“Well, there was this day when Donghae, you and I were walking to the bus stop. You were standing on the right side and I was in the middle. When you saw a cat, you walked to Donghae’s side,”I explained.

“You are…really…observant,”you nodded your head.

“Of course, or I wouldn’t be a photographer,”I shrugged in a proud way as I joked.

“Oh, you!”you laughed and we continued walking.

Soon, it was dinner time and we went to a restaurant nearby for dinner. We settled down and began ordering.

“Are you excited?”you asked out of nowhere.

“About?”I asked.

“H.O.T’s concert! I had a hard time queuing for it,”you smiled.

When you mentioned queuing, it struck me.

“Wait, you queued for them?”I asked.

“Of course. Did  you think I’ll get the chauffeur to queue for it instead?”you asked, knowing it was my thoughts exactly.

I blushed in embarrassment.

“I knew it. Everybody thinks of me like that,”you laughed.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean that…,”I struggled to apologise.

“No, I understand. You don’t have to explain,”you smiled.

“Anyway, it must be a really long wait. What time did you start queuing?”I asked.

“Well, the chauffeur drove me out at approximately midnight! The selling started at…about 12 the next day?”you replied.

“That’s 12 hours!”I exclaimed.

“Yeah…, woah, I didn’t even realize how long it took me,”you nodded your head while smiling.

I reached out to hold your hand. You looked at me, not knowing what I was doing.

“Thank you so much. You’re a really nice girl,”I smiled.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel