Worried Boyfriend

My Heart Beats Only For You

The next few days were spent campaigning around the different blocks to gain more votes. Ryeowook and you would always be around to give moral support. Within those few days, the three of us had become a clique on campus. Although you knew each other quite well (you came over regularly and stayed over once in awhile), we were never close to the extent where we would eat together. Ryeowook and you became instant friends and even exchanged numbers. (Well, it couldn’t be helped that you got along with everybody.)

Just like that, we spent our free time, walking around campus. If anyone of us had classes, we would go off while the other two go around distributing flyers. At the last block, which was the Engineering block, we decided to take a break. Ryeowook went off to buy drinks for us at the vending machine while we sat down at a nearby table.

“You alright?”I asked while looking at you.

I was worried that all this ‘exercising’ would tire you out. Moreover, you had a history of asthma. Yeah, I was probably being paranoid but I couldn’t help but worry when I saw you perspiring. You were even panting a little.

“Maybe I should go to the gym with you,”you joked.

“Why not? Ryeowook and I always go together,”I said.

“Did someone mention my name?”Ryeowook asked as he came back with cans of drinks.

He passed it out to everyone and sat down opposite us.

“Haemin says she should probably go to the gym with us,”I told him.

“Good idea! Maybe it might help with your asthma,”Ryeowook smiled.

“It’ll help with my losing weight too,”you nodded.

In that instant, I turned my head, ready to scold you for trying to lose weight when you were already underweight.

“Yah, I’m just kidding. No need to be so uptight eh,”you laughed as you punched me in the arm.

“You scared me for a bit back there,”I sighed.

Ryeowook could only laugh at how silly I was. After resting for awhile more, we continued with our mission. With the Engineering school as the last school, I decided to give it my all. As a crowd formed, I started my speech again. I told them who I was and how I would help to improve their school life. After I was done, I decided to dance a little. With no music accompanying, I just did my usual popping moves and did a handstand to end it all. Cheers and applause were heard and it echoed throughout the whole concourse.

Girls came squealing and I got a shock. I never expected this sort of treatment. I felt almost like a real life celebrity, being squashed by crazy fangirls. Okay, I was exaggerating. My situation wasn’t half as bad as theirs. The girls just came with their eyes shining so brightly while asking me out on a date.

“Excuse me, we need to go off now,”Ryeowook came to my rescue and tried to keep the girls away.

With Ryeowook trying to handle the chaos, you grabbed all the posters and my hand. We walked out of the school before Ryeowook caught up with us.

“Woah, that was scary,”I scratched the back of my head.

“Those girls are crazy,”Ryeowook chuckled.

All you did was nod. Ryeowook got a call on his phone from his girlfriend and he went off to meet her, leaving us alone. We walked quietly towards my dorm to keep all the flyers and posters before crashing on the sofa in my room. I turned to look at you and realized you had your eyes closed. That was when I finally saw how tired you were from all that walking around.  Although I was the one giving the speeches, you were the one giving out the flyers on the way and asking people to vote for me. I reached out to move your fringe away. You opened your eyes to look at me.

“You alright?”I asked.

“Just tired. Can I sleep here? I don’t think I can make it back to my dorm,”you closed your eyes again.

“Sure. You still have clothes in my closet. Go shower first,”I nudged you.

You stood up reluctantly and walked towards the closet. You took your towel and clothes and went off to shower while I lied on the sofa. I drifted off to sleep, not knowing that I was tired as well.

“Eunhyukkie,”you shook me.

I woke up and saw you hovering over me.

“Your turn to shower,”you smiled.

In a cheeky mood, I reached out to cup your face and brought your head down so I could kiss you. With that strong impact, you nearly fell over and I let go so that you wouldn’t fall.

“What’s with you?! Go shower,”you whacked me before walking away while blushing.

I chuckled before standing up. I went up to you and wrapped my arms round your waist from the back.

“Still feeling shy?”I whispered.

“A little,”you admitted.

I smiled and your cheek before going off to get my clothes to hit the showers. After I was done showering, I came out to see you in my bed, already sleeping. I grabbed my phone and sent a text to Ryeowook, telling him that you were staying over and to keep his volume down when he came back. The whole time that Ryeowook was out, I just sat near the bed, watching as you slept. Once in awhile, I would brush your fringe away when you tossed and turned in bed. When you kick your blanket away, I would cover you up again.

I just sat with my back against the bed, playing games on my phone while listening to the sound of your steady breathing. All of a sudden, I felt a jolt in bed and I turned. Your eyes were wide open and I quickly pushed myself up to sit on the bed.

“What happened to you?”I asked, worried.

You sat up and pressed your palm against your forehead as you closed your eyes tight.

“I had a bad dream,”you looked up at me, with eyes full of fear.

“Come here,”I moved closer to you.

You reached out to hug me tightly, afraid that the bad dream would come back to haunt you again. With your forehead on my shoulder, you did not speak. You just held onto me tightly while I your hair.

“Feeling better?”I asked softly.

You nodded as you pulled away.

“Thanks, baby!”you gave me a kiss right smack on my lips.

That was the sweetest kiss ever because it was the first time you initiated a kiss. With the sides of my lips curling up, I kissed you back.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel