Your Heart

My Heart Beats Only For You

We reached the N Seoul Tower and were looking around. It was especially crowded due to it being Valentine’s Day. Someone bumped into you and you were pushed towards me. I got hold of you immediately.

“You alright?”I asked.

“Yeah. Thanks!”you replied with a smile.

We went up to the top floor and got a lock. With markers in our hands, we thought hard of what to write.

“So, we’re locking our friendship, right?”I asked, feeling a little frightened.

I was really dreading that moment. Until you spoke.

“Why don’t we lock our love for each other?”you blurted out of nowhere.

I looked at you and after you realised what you have said, you looked at me as well. We locked eyes and I saw a tinge of redness in your cheeks. You avoided eye contact and cleared your throat.

“I mean…you know…our love as friends! We won’t be going against tradition…plus if we lock our love…our friendship will last as well, right!”you began stammering as you talked.

“Right,”I had thought it didn’t sound convincing.

“And what if…we went against tradition…and it doesn’t work?! What if…our friendship is destroyed! So, we cannot and ABSOLUTELY should not break the tradition!”you were so insistent on the idea of locking our love instead of friendship.

“Alright, Haemin, why are you so uptight?”I chuckled.

“Uptight?! I am? No…I’m not! You’re just not thinking straight,”you shook your head vigorously.

“Alright alright. Stop shaking your head. What if it drops off?”I held your head in my hands.

That made you stop and look me into my eyes again. And again, there were the rosy cheeks that appeared.

“Let’s write!”you hurriedly pushed me away.

We took the marker again and began writing. I looked as you pretended to focus on writing. That tinge of redness was still there and I knew you were blushing. After we got together, I noticed that the only times you blushed were when you looked me in the eye. I found that really cute.

“I’m done! Are you done?”you asked then.

“Yes, yes!”I stood up straight.

We went to put our locks at the fence and threw the keys out.

“May our love last forever,”I said with a smile.

You looked up at me and as I turned to look, you quickly looked elsewhere and walked away.

“Kim Haemin, wait up!”I called out and pulled you back.

We looked at the part of your arm where I was holding you. I hurriedly let go of it.

“Let’s take a picture before we leave,”I suggested.

“Okay!”you smiled.

We took a picture and left.

“Where do we go next?”you asked.

“How about dinner? Then, I can send you home early. We’ve got lessons tomorrow,”I said.

“Oh,”you sounded disappointed.

“Disappointed at the boring itinerary?”I asked.

“No, I don’t want to go home so early. Can we go somewhere else after dinner? Even just for a chit chat?”you asked.

“Sure, Your Highness. As long as you’re happy,”I ruffled your hair.

You grinned and we went off to get dinner at a nice ramen house. As I watched you slurp your ramen happily, I felt that a sense of happiness that I don’t even know how to describe.

“Done?”you asked.

“Ready when you are, Your Highness!”I winked.

You laughed and we walked out after paying the bill. We decided to walk home from the ramen house since it was so far and we could have a nice chat on the way. We talked about television programmes, actors, current affair and anything under the stars. We were that comfortable with each other. After walking for a distance, you stopped.

“Tired, Princess?”I asked with a cheeky grin.

You nodded sadly.

“I’ll piggyback you,”I kneeled with a knee in front of you again.

Without hesitation, you came towards me. As we, no wait, as I continue walking, we resumed our conversation until there was a cozy silence.

“Am I heavy?”you asked.

“No, as light as a feather,”I  answered.

The standard conversation ever since I first piggybacked you. From then onwards, you always had a habit of falling asleep after you asked me that particular question. As I hear your steady breathing, I felt contented. I walked all the way home just like how I said I would. Though it was a rather long journey, I wasn’t unhappy. For I had you with me. When I finally reached your house, your mum was taken aback when she saw you sleeping on my back.

“Oh, that little rascal. How can she ask you to piggyback her while she sleep!”your mum was about to wake you up but I stopped her.

“Aunty, let her sleep. I’ll bring her up to her room,”I smiled.

As I walked in, your dad’s eyes widened.

“Oh, the little brat is so lazy,”your dad shook his head.

“Oh, its okay, uncle,”I smiled.

“She’s so lucky to have you as a friend! She really needs a boyfriend like you,”your mum said as she opened your room door for me.

I lay you down on the bed and covered you with your blanket.

“Stay the night, Eunhyuk. It’s late,”your dad said.

“It’s okay! I’ll make my way home. But I’ll like to stay for a little while, if its alright,”I asked.

“Go ahead but there’s school tomorrow so you need to rest as well,”your mum smiled.

I waited till they walked out. I looked at you sleep with the peaceful expression on your beautiful face. I smiled.

“Sleep well, my angel,”I went towards you and pushed your fringe away.

I switched off the lights. Your parents looked up as I came down from the stairs.

“Going home?”your dad asked with a smile.

“Yeah. Have a good sleep, uncle and aunty,”I bowed.

“You have a good rest too. Must have been tiring for you to carry such a heavy pig home,”your mum chuckled as she joked.

I smiled and your parents waved as I walked home. After I reached home, I quickly showered and was in my room when someone knocked on my door. My mum poked her head in. She came in and sat on my bed.

“You had a date today?”she asked happily.

“Not really. But I did go out,”I replied.

“With Haemin?”she asked.

I nodded.

“Aigoo, I’m so happy for you. You must be tired. Sleep early,”she gave me a hug and left me to sleep.

I took out my camera and looked at the picture we took. I never thought I could love so unconditionally.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel