First Unofficial Date

My Heart Beats Only For You

Hello all! Firstly, there was an error in my previous chapter! I have highlighted it in red. I've miscounted the months by accident! My next announcement is that my exams are just around the corner and I'll be focusing on it. I do hope you all can wait patiently for my next update! I promise to update as soon as possible! THANK YOU!

That was the beginning of our year of being an unofficial couple. It all felt like a dream to me for it was too good to be true. With you still scarred from your previous relationship, you were cautious during that one year. For that whole year, I grew more sensitive and patient. Although we got more comfortable with each other as a couple, the furthest we’ve gone was hold hands. I didn’t want to initiate anything beyond that until we have become official to reassure you that my love for you was true and that I wasn’t just a player.

I flipped the page to look at a picture taken on our first date together as an unofficial couple. It had been two days since we became an unofficial couple, Donghae had heard all about it over the phone and he had been dying to tease us about it when we went back to school on that day. That morning, I had woken up early to wait outside your door for you. When you came out, you were so surprised to see me.

“What are you doing here?”you smiled.

“Waiting for you,”I replied with a grin.

We waited together for Donghae who was a little late. When he walked down his driveway, he saw us and began running towards us like a maniac.

“You two lovebirds shouldn’t have waited for me! I can go to school alone while you all can whisper sweet nothings on the way to school,”Donghae teased.

Immediately, you reached out to punch him.

“You idiot! The three of us are still best friends!”you argued.

I nodded my head in agreement before you two launched into an argument.

“Alright, alright! The argument can wait. Let’s go to school now!”I broke off the fight.

We all turned to walk to the bus stop when Donghae stirred up trouble again.

“There’s no need to be shy with me! You can hold hands if you want to,”Donghae grinned.

You rolled your eyes and walked away.

“Don’t be an idiot or we’ll make sure we get our revenge,”I glared playfully at him.

We ran to catch up with you at the bus stop. The bus came and we boarded it. When we reached school, Jiyong was waiting for you as usual. You looked at me uneasily. I smiled to reassure you that I’ll be right beside you if anything crops up.

“Haemin! Are you free after school?”Jiyong asked.

“No, she isn’t,”I replied before you could even open your mouth.

“Since when are you her spokesperson?”Jiyong asked, amused.

“Since two days ago. She’s my unofficial girlfriend now,”I stared at him.

Jiyong turned to look at you but you were too afraid to make eye contact with him so you chose to hide behind while holding onto my hand. Jiyong then nodded his head, a little unhappily before walking away.

“See what kind of trouble you got into while trying to get Hyuk jealous!”Donghae reprimanded you.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to,”you looked down apologetically.

Donghae was about to open his mouth to nag at you again when I stopped him.

“She knows her mistake. Stop nagging already,”I looked down to smile at you.

“You’re always too nice to her!! She’ll be so pampered!”Donghae scolded me as well.

I sighed. Since young, Donghae was like your older brother, always guiding you along and scolding you when you made mistakes.

“Alright, oppa, I know my mistakes. Don’t be angry anymore!”you tugged Donghae’s sleeves.

Whenever you called Donghae by oppa, his anger would subside.

“Okay, okay!”Donghae gave up and walked away.

We followed behind him and went for classes. During class, Donghae wouldn’t stop nagging at me.

“Now that you’re together with her, you have to scold her when she does something wrong! I cannot be there to help you scold her. A friendship is different from a relationship! I cannot interfere! Promise me, you won’t give in to her all the time,”Donghae stretched out his pinky.

“Promise,”I hooked pinkies with him.

“But don’t worry, Haemin is a nice girl. It’s just that she needs a lot of guidance and concern. You’ve done a right thing picking her as your girlfriend,”Donghae smiled.

“Donghae, I want to ask you something,”I looked at him.

“What?”he asked.

“You always tell me that Haemin is a nice girl but why didn’t you fall for her?”I asked.

Immediately, he burst out laughing softly.

“Firstly, Haemin isn’t my type of girl. She’s not gentle like Soobin. Secondly, I always look upon her like a younger sister since we are neighbours. Lastly, there just ain’t any sparks between Haemin and I,”Donghae replied truthfully.

I nodded my head. Seeing as how Donghae and you were so close and so comfortable with each other, it had amazed me how Donghae had never fallen for you before.

“Moreover, I think Haemin is more compatible with you,”Donghae winked before going back to copying his notes.

Class soon ended and you were standing outside my class, smiling at me. My phone rang as I approached you.

“Hello?”I answered.

“Eunhyuk, are you free?”the girl asked over the phone.

“Not today. I’ll be busy. I’m sorry,”I replied.

“Oh…It’s okay. Goodbye then,”she then hung up.

“Is that Ae-young? What does she want?!”Donghae asked, angrily.

“She asked whether I was free. But I told her I wasn’t,”I replied.

“What are you busy with today?”you asked.

“I’ll be out with you,”I grinned.

Your eyes widened in surprise.

“We’re going out? Did we arrange it sometime ago? I can’t remember!”you asked.

“No, it’s a spontaneous date. Let’s go,”I grabbed your hand.

“BYE!”Donghae waved.

I waved back before walking off with you in tow. We waited at the bus stop in silence and I looked at you. Your long eyelashes. Your big eyes. Then, you turned and caught me staring.

“Why are you staring at me?”you smiled.

I looked away before smirking. The bus came and I let you go up the bus first. As we sat together, hand in hand. I felt as if I was in heaven.

“Where are we going?”you asked.

“Let’s go have sushi, shall we?”I asked.

“Sounds good to me!”you nodded.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel