Replay

My Heart Beats Only For You
Start of Eunhyuk's POV

I walked, emotionless, into my own room. I sat on my arm chair as tears streamed down my face. My hand slowly went up to my chest. My heart beats only for you. As I looked around my empty and dead room, I spotted the photo album that I've been keeping. I went towards it and held it tightly in my hands. I flipped it open to find both of us smiling. I had to smile whenever I see you smiling. I miss you so much, baby. I the picture fondly. How I wish you're here beside me now. I recall when this picture was taken.

It was a few days after we became instant friends. Coincidentally, we bumped into each other a couple of times on the day we first met. It seems like we were fated to be together. I had been round the corner waiting for Donghae. Waiting to scare the hell out of him. I peeked from the corner to see Donghae walking from the gates of the school. I chuckled mischievously to myself. I peeked again to ensure that it was him that I was about to scare. I counted to a few seconds. As soon as a shoe appeared, I jumped out and went,"BOO!" The scream that I heard was a high-pitched one. From then, I knew I scared the wrong person. This person can't be Donghae! It's a female's voice. I looked at you then. Back when you had long hair. Your eyes were wide open. You looked at me in shock. I quickly bowed to apologise.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you,"I bowed profusely.

"Eunhyuk, what are you doing?"

I looked up to find Donghae looking at me. He turned to look at you and you just looked back at him.

"Haemin, what's he doing?"Donghae asked you.

Then, I knew your name was Haemin. It was a really nice name to suit a nice girl like you.

"He scared me. I think his target was you,"Haemin explained while laughing a little.

Whenever I accidentally scared a girl, she would give me hell. But here you were just laughing it off. It made me blush and my heart fluttered.

"Anyway, I'll introduce you two. Haemin, this is Lee Eunhyuk, my best guy friend. Eunhyuk, this is Kim Haemin. She's my neighbour,"Donghae smiled.

So, this pretty girl stays right next to Donghae! I felt happy suddenly.

"Hi,"you smiled while stretching out your hand to shake my hand.

"Hi,"I shook your hand.

Your hand was small in mine. And I could totally predict that I would be holding your hand in mine for many years down the road. It was love at first sight for me, Haemin, really. You don't know how affected I was from your charm. From then on, I vowed that my heart would only beat for you. Only for you. That was my favourite phrase ever since. I let go of your hand.

"Haemin's going to be in the class next door. So, let's get going!'Donghae pulled me.

"Don't leave Haemin behind!"I said.

It was the first name I said in the morning. And it was your name I called out. I felt rather happy and giddy about it and started smiling my gummy smile myself.

"What's up with you?"Donghae nudged as he frowned.

"Huh? Nothing,"I shook my head.

Aren't I rather stupid? It was the first day of school in a whole new college and I was already love struck by the first female I met. Ah, sigh. I was thinking if you felt the same way I did. We reached your classroom and you sat bye to us before giving Donghae a quick hug. I must admit, jealousy was rising when I saw the hug. How I wish I was Donghae. Just when I thought you might give me a hug, you only smiled before entering the class. My heart sank. When I told you months later that I had expected you to hug me, you laughed at how silly I was. I guess love really makes one silly. During classes, I could only think of you. My whole mind was only you. You screaming, you smiling and shaking my hand and lastly, you hugging Donghae. I didn't know why I got jealous about it. You knew Donghae longer than you know me. It's natural for you to hug him and not me. Though I understand the reason for your action, I still couldn't push my jealousy away. During recess, I was already exhausted as college's work was much heavier than I had expected. That was when I bumped into you and my energy was recharged in that instant second.

"Donghae! Eunhyuk!"you waved as you walked towards the cafeteria with your friends.

Donghae grinned and we walked towards you. As I looked at you while you talked to Donghae, I could feel myself lost in your charm and presence. Everything was being blocked out as I kept staring at you. You had this attraction that made it hard NOT to look at you. As you talked, your eyes light up like stars in the midnight sky. And your smile. It was the mesmerising smile that I've ever seen. Even if there are prettier smiles around, yours is the most special of all. After recess, I went back to class with new found energy. In my mind, your smile and charming eyes kept flashing. You're the most charismatic girl I've ever seen. The way you talk, the way you move. I was head over heels in love with you, Haemin. After class ended, Donghae and I were walking out together. As I was about to walk down the stairs, Donghae pulled me back.

"What? Don't you want to go home?"I asked.

"We need to wait for Haemin. She stays next to me. Her mother wants me to go to school and back home with her,"Donghae smiled.

I nodded my head. As far I as know, Donghae had finally convinced his parents of letting him take the bus to and fro. Donghae's a rich kid. A very rich one at that. Someone who has a chauffeur but chose to take the bus with me. If you were to stay next to him, you must be rich too, I thought.

"Donghae, is Haemin rich?"I decided to ask.

"You can say that,"Donghae looked at me.

I nodded and decided to not ask anymore or my crush on you would look rather obvious. Then, I spotted you. You were walking out of the class with a friend and talking to her. I was mesmerised once again by your unintentional charm. You came over and apologised for letting us wait.

"Haemin, we'll be taking the bus home. Is it okay with you?"Donghae asked as we bounded down the stairs.

"Bus? Do you even know when to get down?"you asked.

"Didn't you take the bus to school?"I asked.

"No. Someone was too lazy to wake up early to take the bus so I ended up taking the car with her here,"Donghae said as he eyed Haemin.

"Why would you want to wake up early and squeeze with everyone else when you can wake up later and take your own car?"she said.

Spoken like a true rich kid.

"Taking the bus is fun,"Donghae grinned.

It wasn't the first time Donghae was taking the bus. He insisted on taking the bus whenever we go out. We reached the bus stop and took the bus back. You seemed so clueless about the fares and disappointed when you saw that there was no more seats.

"My legs are aching,"you complained a little.

"Spoilt brat,"Donghae said.

I was taken aback at what he had just said. I wondered whether you would get offended. In my heart, I silently swore at Donghae for commenting so carelessly!

"Speak for yourself,"you stuck out your tongue as you argued back.

I had to stifle a laugh and hide my smile. You looked really cute doing that. When we got off the bus, we had to walk towards your house. My house was down the road from yours but mine was a condo unlike yours. When we reached your house, you said goodbye to us and smiled really sweetly. Donghae and you hugged before Donghae walked towards his own house just next to yours.

"You okay by yourself?"Donghae asked.

I nodded and went off after hugging Donghae. On the way back, I kept replaying the moments when you appeared in front of me in my mind. From then onwards, I was sure my heart beats only for you.

I love you, Haemin

End of Chapter
DarkAngel