Upon Reaching Busan

My Heart Beats Only For You

To all readers, I'm really thankful to you all, silent readers or not!! Thank you for being so patient with me till the end. As you can see, the story is coming to an end! I hope you enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed writing it! Do continue giving me your support till the end of this story and at my new story after this ends! THANK YOU!

After breakfast, we continued making our way towards our secret destination. You were wide awake after eating and we talked for a long while. We stopped every once in awhile to let me rest and to buy food for you to munch on the way. You fed me every now and then and sang songs to entertain me. When we went on the highway, your eyes widened.

“OH! I KNOW WHERE WE’RE GOING! WE’RE GOING TO BUSAN, AREN’T WE?!”you exclaimed in the car.

“My princess is rather smart, isn’t she,”I smiled.

“OH! WE CAN SEE THE BEACH! OH YES!!!!”you kept cheering non-stop in the car.

I laughed at how adorable you were. We drove till it was almost evening time when we finally reached Busan.

“You must be really tired, right,”you said softly.

“A little,”I admitted.

“I’ll give you a nice massage later,”you grinned.

“Thanks,”I turned to smile at you.

I drove till we finally reached our accommodation for the two nights that we will be in Busan. We got down from the car and the bell boy took all our luggages while I left my car with the guy in charge of valet parking. I held onto your hand with a smile and led you into the lobby.

“Wow, this place seems awesome,”you looked around the lobby.

“You bet. I saved up quite a bit to make our second anniversary memorable,”I smiled.

“I can help to pay half,”you offered.

“No, I like to pamper my girl,”I winked.

Immediately, you giggled before nudging me to quit being cheesy. I stopped my nonsense to proceed with the checking in. The receptionist behind the counter was going through the standard procedures but a problem had cropped up.

“I’m sorry, sir. But the room that you requested is occupied. We’ll be giving you a better room for the same price to compensate you,”she explained.

“Oh, I guess, that’s a good thing, right?”you joked.

“You’ll be getting the Premium King Room,”the receptionist said.

“Excuse me?”my eyes widened as I felt my throat become dry.

“I’ve assigned the Premium King Room for you and your girlfriend, if that’s alright,”the receptionist repeated with a smile.

“What’s wrong, baby? Why is your face so pale?”you asked me.

“Is there any other room that has the exact same feature of what I specifically requested over the phone?”I asked anxiously.

“I’m sorry, sir. All the rooms with twin beds are all occupied,”she apologized.

“Hyukjae, you’re tired enough. Let’s just take the room they offered and get some rest,”you shook my arm a little.

I just nodded my head in defeat before continuing with the check-in procedure. After getting the key to our room, we went up with the bell boy leading the way. All the way to our room, I was abnormally quiet and you brushed it off, thinking that I was too tired. At last, we stepped into the place we will be sleeping in. The bell boy left after getting a tip from you. I was still stunned, looking at the room. When you came back into the room, you looked at the direction which I was staring at.

“Oh, so this was what you were worried about…,”you trailed off awkwardly.

There was only one king sized bed in the room. When I was making our reservation, I had specifically asked for a room with twin beds so we would have our own bed.

“I’ll sleep here,”I settled down on the arm chair near the window.

“We can both take the bed. It’s not like you’ll do anything to me, right?”you asked, waiting for some reassurance.

“Of course not. I’m a perfect gentleman,”I hurriedly defend myself.

“See, it’s no big deal at all. We’ll just share the bed. It’s so big anyway,”you gestured towards my enemy for the moment.

“I’m more worried for you,”I admitted.

“Why?”you came over to me to hold my hand.

“You might not be comfortable sharing a bed with a guy. Who knows, you might not even get any sleep because you’ll feel too insecure, afraid that I’ll do anything to you,”I explained.

You grinned at me.

“If I was that worried, I wouldn’t be here with you. Relax, dude. I’ll be fine,”you ruffled my hair.

You settled down in the next arm chair. It had been long since we had so much privacy so we started to talk about serious things like my graduation the next year and how you would have to be in university alone.

“Haemin, you do know that I will want you to marry me, right?”I asked directly.

“Yeah, of course. We did talk about marriage once or twice,”you nodded your head.

“Well, you see, I was afraid that you would feel insecure about marrying me cause I don’t have a job yet,”I confessed.

“But you’ll be starting your job upon graduation at the company that offered you the scholarship, right? We’ll just get a bank loan for our newlywed house and pay them back with your salary,”you replied.

“True, the salary is quite a hefty sum actually,”I leaned back on my chair.

“That means I won’t have to work after I graduate, right?”you grinned cheekily.

“Yes, I’ll support you,”I smiled.

“Oh yes! Shall we get a small apartment for our house then?”you leaned towards me.

“You mean, like my house?”I asked.

“Yupp. It’s quite roomy for a small family,”you were deep in thought.

“I guess it will be alright for a family of four,”I agreed.

There was silence as we were both deep in thought about life after marriage.

“Hyukjae, you are really serious about marrying me, right? This isn’t a joke, right? We’ll really be getting married after you graduate?”you showered me with a series of a questions.

“Yes, yes and yes. I spoke to your dad about it when I went over for Chuseok. He approved it,”I grinned.

“YOU DID?! Why didn’t you tell me?”you exclaimed.

“I wanted it to be a surprise for you,”I chuckled.

“Oh wow, I really can’t believe I’ll be getting married soon! I’m so lucky!”you grinned.

“But it will be hard on you,”I reached out to hold your hand.

“Why?”you turned to ask.

“Well, you’ll still be studying when we’re preparing for our wedding,”I explained.

“Hey, I’m pretty good at multi-tasking. I can squeeze time out to try on my wedding dress,”you smiled.

“That’s good, I wouldn’t want you to turn up in something you don’t like,”I squeezed your hand.

And after that, we just sat, staring into each other’s eyes, feeling all the excitement.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel