>>Chapter 24

My and Byun baekhyun's temporary love.

"So... what are we doing today?" you sighed out of boredom. It was the last day you'll spend in japan, and baekhyun's schedule had finished earlier than planned. Meaning, both of you had nothing to do.

"Aish. Stop asking me that cuz i don't know either." baekhyun frowned.

"Don't tell me we're gonna sit here the whole day." i gaped at him and he eyed me.

"Well, what do you want to do?"

"Me? I wanna go swimming, hiking, eat a lot of food, ride rollercoasters, snorkeling, oooh! bungee jumping sounds cool too, and uhh-"

"yah! just one thing!"

"sheesh. uhhh.." you thought for a while. "Let's go biking!"

Baekhyun suddenly choked before coughing. "No."

"Wae?? It'll be fun. Puh leeez~"

"No."

"Why? It's not like you don't know how to ride a bike!"

He froze.

"biking? of all things, you wanna go biking?" you nodded and he sighed. "Arasso." He took out his phone. "Mr. So? Can you find out a nearby biking place?" after a few minutes, he hung up and got up. "Meet me outside in exactly 5 minutes and don't be late."

You ran to your room to change into appropriate clothes to go biking, while humming to yourself. You were happy about going biking because after all, you enjoyed riding bikes ever since you were young. After changing into shorts and a blouse, you stepped outside to see Baekhyun waiting outside.

"Oy! Byun Baekhyun-ssi! Let's go!!" you tried to swing your arms over his shoulder but failed. "Aish. Why are you so tall." you frowned, but smiled again, skipping ahead.

He chuckled at your silliniess. "Oy! Choding Nana! Wait up!" He ran to catch up to you, but you turned around. Seeing him run towards you, you thought he was trying to catch you.

"Ack!" you picked up your pace, running in the opposite direction. "Aish. Where is she going?" he also picked up his pace and went towards you. Although you had a head start, he was obviously faster than you and caught up to you in no time.

"Caught you!" he pulled your arm.

"Ahh!" you fell and landed on top of him in the process. Your face was an inch away from his, and from shock, you froze.

His heart started beating faster and quickly pushed you off. "What are you doing?" You both got up and he straightened his shirt.

"Ah. Ani, i thought you.. i mean, my arm. i tripped and uhh-" while you tried explaining, baekhyun suddenly started walking, leaving you behind.

*Why is it so hot all of a sudden?* you fanned yourself before following after baekhyun.

After several awkard minutes of walking, you could see rows of bicycles lined up. Forgetting about the incident, you grinned. "Ppali!" you told baekhyun before running off.

"Doesn't she ever run out of energy?" he smiled, but stopped when he saw the hundreds of bicycles, greeting him. *What have you got yourself into.*

"Baekhyun!! Hurry!" you yelled and he winced. He dragged himself across the ground as he approached you... and the two-wheeled object.

He chose a random bike while you took your time, looking at the quality. After, Baekhyun reluctantly paid and had to catch up with you again. However, you had already started riding and had left.

"Well, I guess it's better for her to leave first." He sat down on a nearby bench, looking extremely awkward. He heard laughter and looked up. Not too far from him, a couple was riding side by side and laughing together.

He softened and smiled. He suddenly heard a faint "Baco-!"
*That word and voice, i can't seem to put my finger on it... am i hearing things now?*

"Baekhyun!" he looked up and saw you riding towards him, waving. You cursed yourself. *Ayy, Nana. You almost called him Bacon again!*

"Why aren't you riding?" you asked him.

"I just don't feel like it." he simply replied.

"Are you saying you came here just to sit here?" you pulled him up but his eyes grew bigger.

"Andwe." he pulled back, and you caught on.

"Ahhh. So you're saying you can't ride?" you teased.

"Aniya!!"

"Then why don't you just ride?"

"Cuz..." he looked really nervous and you found this pretty cute, but of course you didn't say.

"Hmm. So 'the' Baekhyun doesn't even know how to ride a bike? Interesting.." you eyed him.

"Yah! So what if i can't? Got a problem?" he snapped, and you giggled.

"Ani! I'll just teach you then!" you clapped your hands together.

"..Jinjja?" honestly, he had always wanted to learn when he was young, but he was always alone at home because his parents were too busy with company work and went on business trips constantly.

You nodded and he coughed. "What do i have to do?"

Minutes later, he found himself sitting on a bike, with you grabbing the end. "Don't let go of the handles and pedal!"

He gulped and began pedaling, but the bike startled wobbling because he wasn't pedalling hard enough.

"yah, you're a man aren't you? pedal harder!" and he nodded, doing what you said. The bike finally started moving and you were still holding on, making sure he doesn't fall.

"D-don't you dare let go o-okay?" he stuttered.

"Arasso, don't worry." you replied, but you snickered. You slowly let go of the bike but continued jogging along with him because he kept asking if you were holding the bike.

"Remember, if you feel like you're going to fall, just pedal harder. okay?" he nodded and you stopped on the spot, watching him grow smaller.

"Woohoo! You're doing good, Byun Baekhyun!" He noticed that your voice was far away, and he gripped the handles.

"Aish!" he looked back to see you far away and almost fell, but he remembered your advice. He started pedalling harder and gained balance. He made a u-turn and made his way back to you, smiling.

When he reached you, he stopped. "See? i learned that in one try. i just can't stop me from being perfect, y'know?" he smirked and you laughed. *That's because i taught you already, doofus. You were so bruised you couldn't get up the next morning.*

You gave him a double thumbs-up. "daebak." and the two of you broke into a laughter.
______________________________
That was so cute. ehehe. Hope you like reading this as much as i liked writing it! ^^
ppyong~!!