>>Chapter 30

My and Byun baekhyun's temporary love.

'Are you alright now?'

you worriedly sent baekhyun a text as you were about to leave your apartment. You checked your phone again as it vibrated

'Just hurry up and come to work. I don't pay you to be late every day, am i? merong~'

you rolled your eyes but was relieved that he had finally gotten better. Tucking your phone safely in your purse, you strolled off to work.




Baekhyun lightly dropped his phone onto his office desk as he held his head between his hands. These days, he had been deep in thought... of you. Well, not specifically, but something about you kept getting in his mind.

The day he had fainted at the ice-skating rink, he had seen a flash of him and.. a girl. He noticed that the girl's voice and your voice when you shouted his name sounded so.. similar. The way you sounded so cheerful every time you talked. The way you could make anyone easily smile with your twinkling voice. It was exactly the same.

And even after he had woke up from being unconscious yesterday, he had drifted off to sleep when you went down to make dinner only to dream again of this mysterious girl.

He had been talking and laughing with her in this dream.. which wasn't something byun baekhyun would do in front of anyone except for hyuna and exo k.. and well, you. and when you had woken him up to eat, the way the voices were exactly the same..

He didn't get it.

It couldn't be memories because after all, he hadn't known you before you charged into his room as if he wasn't the CEO of a world-wide famous company.

but if it wasn't memories, then why did these flashes seem so.. real? The more baekhyun thought about it, it made him more confused.

and second of all,

Bacon???

If it was someone else calling him that, baekhyun would've raged. but for some weird reason, it sounded so.. right when she called him that. and guess what? This made baekhyun even more confused.

*Great. I like it when a certain girl i don't even know calls me the name of a greasy food.* baekhyun let his arms go limp as his head thumped against his desk.

Seeing a therapist was definitely NOT an option. That would only make the world look at baekhyun, the CEO of the MultiBillion Company, as a person with problems. Yipee. Won't that be fun.

You didn't help the situation at all, as you quietly tiptoed into his room, thinking baekhyun was sleeping.

"AHH!!! FIREEE!!" you cupped your mouth, screaming into baekhyun's ears, making him jump up from his seat. His eyes were wide, and his arms flailed in the air.

"Ahhhhhhh!!! SOMEONE SAVE MEEE!!!" he shrieked, three octaves higher than it should normally be. He ran out the door, and you burst into laughter, clutching your stomach.

A fuming baekhyun walked into his room to find you rolling on the floor like a buffalo. (see what i did theeere? [;)

"Yah! What was that for?!" he yelled. You were too busy trying to calm down to answer. "Aish. For that, you're gonna be punished." he crossed his arms and you immediately stopped laughing.

"Hmm.. Oh! I know! You're gonna buy me lunch!" he snapped his fingers and you gaped at him.

"Nuh uh." you refused.

-------

You sighed. Baekhyun hummed happily while looking at the menu.

"Mat-gettda~" he cheerfully grinned, while you pouted.

"May I take your orders?" the waiter walked over, notepad in hand. Baekhyun seemed to be in a deep thought, and smiled. Pointing to about 4 dishes, he smirked at you.

You cried on the inside. You didn't have enough money to buy all of that! "What would you like, miss?" the waiter's voice brought you back and you gulped. Looking at the menu, you frantically searched for the cheapest dish.

"Uh.. I'll just have a salad, thank you." you weakly smiled, and baekhyun noticed this.

"Woah~~ Han Nana only eating a salad?? The world must be ending!" baekhyun dramatically covered his mouth with his hands.

You stuck your tongue out and muttered something about your next paycheck and baekhyun dead and stupid greasy jerk.

When the food came out, baekhyun delightfully clapped his hands, obviously taking pleasure in your misery. As baekhyum dramatically cut his steak, you chopped away at your salad, smashing your fork into the plate.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, before quietly sliding the plate of alfredo pasta towards you. You quizically raised your eyebrows, glancing at the pasta. then baekhyun. then the pasta.

"Ahem... I don't think I can finish it. You know. It's bad to waste food.." his voice grew smaller and smaller and you smiled.

"Of course you can't waste food." you dug in the food in such a manner baekhyun regretted giving it to you. "Yah! eat more lady-like! What will people think of me?" he whispered sharply.

You snorted. "My poor stomach is more important than lady-like manners, thank you very much."

"Mwoh?!"

------

"Ahh~ that was one good meal~" baekhyun rubbed his stomach, his lips as if he could still taste it. You were still in the middle of eating as he stood up. You stopped eating in mid-air and stared at him.

"You hurry and finish up. I'll head to my car first, okay? Thank you for the food, Nana!" he smirked, leaving the room. You hung your head, thinking about the amount of money that will be spent.

You just stood up, ready to leave. As you approached the counter, you took out your wallet that was nearly empty.

"Miss? The payments have already been made." the employee smiled at you.

"Eh?? Are you sure??" you were confused.

"The person who just left paid for your table." she confirmed. You bowed a 'thank you' before rushing out the restaurant.

From afar, someone checked their camera as he saw that both of you were leaving, looking at the pictures he took. *This should be enough evidence for boss.*

 

___________

It's about time to update, huh? xD

and i hope this chapter cleared some things up: baekhyun didn't remember nana in the past. he sees flashes of his time spent with nana, but he doesn't know it's really nana. (:

@MamzelleZozo

AHAHA omg. your comment made me laugh for some reason (x and nope! i'm korean but taking mandarin classes at school. i find spanish waaayy harder. no comprendo espanol LOL

@Exosaranghaee

really?? i think it's a pretty fun class! well, that's if you study... and here i am, procrastinating again. smh.