>>Chapter 29

My and Byun baekhyun's temporary love.

"He'll be fine. It's only a temporary black-out so he just needs some rest."

The doctor's voice rang in your head. You tried comforting yourself, saying he'll be alright. But why won't he wake up?

You were in one of Hyun'a guest rooms, next to the bed, as baekhyun lay down, unconscious. There were tubes connected to his arms, which scared you because they looked as if they were the life out of him, although it was supposed to help him.

Hyuna and Sehun were probably on the way home to his house. Strangely, Hyuna had insisted on taking Sehun now saying it would be dangerous for him later at night.

On the other hand, Sehun pouted saying he wasn't a baby anymore. Secretly, he had wanted to spend more time with you. Well, that was ruined when baekhyun suddenly collapsed. Nonetheless, Hyuna practically dragged him out the door.

You gazed at his sleeping face and you smiled. It was as if you were looking at the baekhyun, no, "bacon", you knew before.

*I've done the right thing... right?* you sighed and placed your head on the side of the bed. Your eyes fluttered one more time to his face before slowly drifting off to sleep.







You opened your eyes immediately as baekhyun slightly shifted in his position, scared that something was wrong. You sighed in relief as you saw that he was perfectly fine.

Suddenly, he started smiling in his sleep. *I wonder what's making him smile like that..*

You leaned in and traced his smiling lips, as if you were in a trance. Seeing that baekhyun was alright, you slowly got up and walked downstairs to stretch your stiff legs. You didn't notice so much when you came in, but hyuna's house was beautiful. Maybe because you were so worried about baekhyun?

You slowly walked down the  winding staircase, brushing your fingers along the antique handles. You checked the clock and it was 2 o'clock. Meaning it was about an hour after Hyuna left with Sehun.

Why hasn't she come back yet?

You slowly walked across the white tiles of the floor, as if you would stain them if you walked so carelessly. Once you reached the living room, your eyes almost popped out.

Her living room was as big as your parents' bedroom, which was the biggest room in your house. Suddenly, you felt vibration. Fishing your phone out from your back pocket, you checked the text.

Nana~~
I saw this really pretty dress on my way home so I kinda ended up shopping.. ehehe :33
I actually met my friend along the way and I'm gonna stay at her house, alright?? Take good care of my baekhyun~!
- Hyuna -


You pushed back the feeling that this was somehow planned. Sneaky unni. You climbed back up the stairs to check on Baekhyun once more.

When you opened the door to the room, you gasped. His face was covered with sweat and he was tossing in his sleep. "Omo!" you rushed to the bed, then turned around, running into the bathroom.

You grabbed a small bucket that was in the shower stall and filled it with cold water. Then, you grabbed two towels, also soaking them with cold water. You rushed back next to baekhyun, placing them on the ground.

You scoot your chair closer to him so that you would be able to reach him. You put one towel in the water and used the other to wipe the sweat away. At your touch, he slightly winced before seeming to calm down.

Seeing the positive effect, you continued to dab his face with the towel, and switching it, when it was getting warmer. You sighed (again) in relief when he had finally calmed down.

*Ah! Abeoji and omonim told me that porridge is best at times like this.*

You brightened and stood up to head to the kitchen, when baekhyun suddenly grabbed your wrist. You slightly gasped, frozen in place.

"Please. Don't go." he murmured, and you softened.

You slowly sat down as to not wake him up; he was still holding your wrist. Using your other hand, you pat his chest in a rhythmic pattern. You smiled.

After about five minutes of the same position, your eyelids started getting heavier. Just then, baekhyun's eyes fluttered open. "Nana?" he noticed that he was holding you and he stiffened. Your head shot back up. "You're awake!"

Without realizing it, you hugged him tightly, which made him stiffen even more. "Uhhh. Nana?" he repeated and your eyes widened, as you swiftly pulled back.

".. How are you feeling?" you asked, and he suddenly smiled, slipping the tubes out. "A lot better." You just nodded as you stared at your hands, suddenly finding it interesting.

"Go make me some food. I'm hungry."

yep. he was back to normal.

"Mwoh?? I took care of you and that's all you say?? Aish." you pouted, and he leaned in, pinching your cheeks.

"I want to eat Nana's food." he smiled and you blushed.

"A-arasso. H-hold on." you abruptly stood up, making the stool you had been sitting on, fall backwards. You facepalmed, running out the door, downstairs.

"Thank you." baekhyun murmured to himself, smiling, as you exited the room.



"I swear. He's bipolar. Yep. Has to be it." you muttered as you opened the fridge, taking out vegetable for the porridge. you placed all the ingredients on the counter as you remembered the rice. You looked around, but the kitchen was spotless. You sighed and looked in the cupboards.

At least she had all the ingredients. You quickly rinsed the rice in running water professionally from all the experience back home. After rinsing it about three or four times, you placed all the rice in the cooker, filling it with the exact amount of water.

There. Now time for the vegetables. You washed all of them thoroughly before bringing out the knife and the cutting board. There was a steady tapping noise as the knife came in contact with the board. You carefully diced them up so that it wouldn't be too big to go into the porridge.

Ding!

It signalled that the rice was finished cooking (i know, it takes a lot longer for rice to normally cook, but baekhyun needs to eat. LOL.) and you smiled. Perfect timing. You then brought out a bigger pot and filled it with water before placing it over the stove. When the water boiled, you dropped in a good amount of the rice. You continued stirring until it started to get thick as you wanted it.

You dropped the diced vegetables in, mouthing the word 'plop!' as they splashed in. You giggled and stirred again. You turned off the stove and tasted it. It was perfect. Scooping porridge into two bowls, you carried them upstairs with a tray.

"baek-" you realized he fell back asleep again.

"Baekhyun. Wake up." you nudged him, but he only groaned. "I have foo-" you didn't finish as he jumped up.

"Food?" he grinned and you laughed, placing it on his lap. When he only stared at it, you frowned.

"Why? Does it look bad?" he shook his head.

"Ahh~" he opened his mouth, and it hit you.

"Nope. You have arms don't you???" you poked his arms.

"Having black-outs made me weak..." he slumped and you gave in.

"Aish. Arasso, arasso." you scooped up the spoon, grabbing a big spoonful of porridge. Without thinking, he gobbled it down, only to...

"Hot! Hot! Hot!" baekhyun's eyes watered as he fanned himself as if it would help the burning inside his mouth.

"Merong." you stuck out your tongue, chuckling. You grabbed a spoonful of your porridge and paused to blow on it before eating it. "Mmm. Eben dough I made ith, I hab to admit. Ith's goot." you nod your head before digging in again.

Baekhyun grumbled as he picked up his spoon to eat. His frown immediately went away as he tasted your creation. His eyes were wide as he stared straight away, as if the time had frozen.

"Baekhyun... Is something wrong?" you finally asked after 10 seconds of silence.

"It... It..."

"It..?" you asked.

"It's. so. good." baekhyun whispered and looked back at the porridge as if it was gold. He practically wolfed down the whole thing, not caring if it was hot. You laughed loudly as baekhyun was engulfed in his food.

Just even for that moment, you were able to laugh as if nothing had happened the past few weeks.

 

_____________________

Hello guys!!

Finally an update x.x

gosh. This week was so... chaotic i should say??

i failed my mandarin test LOL. i had like. loads of homework. and i have loads of homework due monday.. i know i'm gonna regret it tmrw since i got nothing done today so i might as well update and just full-out regret tomorrow y'know? LOLOL.

i dyed my hair red teehee (well, like. the bottom half) lol ideekay. sorry for being random. >< i think i ate something really sweet....

anyways!! i had so much fun writing this chapter ^~^ and i hope you had fun reading it hehe.