>>Chapter 44

My and Byun baekhyun's temporary love.

    Mrs. Byun liked the hospital. It was sanitary, white, neat. Not to mention it was a place people could become healthier through treatment. Back at her time, medication wasn't as advanced as today.

    "Oh! Good morning, Mrs. Byun!" a nurse looked up from her desk and immediately recognized her. Mrs. Byun weakly smiled, not knowing whether it was a good thing or bad.

    "Am I allowed to visit patient Han Nana right now?" Mrs. Byun quietly asked, glancing around just in case one of the Exo-K boys happened to be around.

    "Erm. Yes, you're lucky the room is empty right now. Normally, there's always someone inside, especially your son." the nurse chuckled and Mrs. Byun softened. Oh, Baekhyun. "And don't forget that you should be quiet as so as not to disturb the patient." she smiled as she wrote down the room number on a small piece of paper.

    Taking the note, she started walking towards the left hallway. "Uhhh. Mrs. Byun?" She turned around elegantly facing the nurse again. "I think the room you're looking for is to your right."

    "Oh... right! Haha. Thanks for reminding me." Mrs. Byun chuckled and her heels clacked along the tile floor as she hurried her footsteps across the right hallway. Well, that went smoothly.
    
    "Room 365... 365.." she murmured to herself as she traveled from one room to the next. "Ah! Here it is." Self consciously, she smoothed down her hair and dusted off any invisible dust on her clothes. When she was sure she was ready, she slid the door open and quietly stepped inside, although her heels didn't help at all.
    
    Inside the room, the only sound that could be heard was the deep breathing of Han Nana. She peacefully lay on the white cot of the hospital and if anyone didn't know her condition, they would think she was just taking a nap.

    Next to her bed was a small drawer where a digital clock was placed and a bouquet of fresh flowers proudly flashing its bright colors. It seemed to shine in the room that was completely filled with white everywhere. Inside the flowers was a small card that read:
    Yah, Han Nana. I come visiting every day but you don't even greet me? Not fair! >:c
                            -Byun Baekhyun-

    Mrs. Byun grinned and couldn't help but see that her own son was still a little kid. She walked over to the windows and pulled open the blinds, allowing the sunlight to enter the room.

    "There." She grabbed a nearby chair and placed it right in front of the bed, sitting down. She gazed at Nana and removed a strand of hair that lay across her forehead. "I can see why Baekhyun adores you. You're definitely a fine young lady."
    
    Mrs. Byun felt extremely guilty as Nana still kept a peaceful look on her face. "You should be mad at me right now, shouldn't you? I'm such a terrible mother. I can't even support my own son like you just because I'm scared of my husband."

    "My husband may be wicked, but I'm sure he has a soft spot somewhere. He was sweet when we first married." she smiled at the memories long ago. "But the company suddenly went well and he got worse from all that work." She looked back at Nana and sighed.

    "You probably don't want to listen to me babble on. I just wanted to tell you today that I'm going to fix everything. After I was told that my son was injured, I was so scared of losing him without being a proper mother once. And then I hear that he did this for you. I was so proud of him and I realized that he really does care for you." She wiped a tear away and stood up.

    Carefully tucking in the blankets for her, Mrs. Byun took one last look at her before turning around to leave.

    "So don't you worry. I'll do everything I can to support you two. Oh, and dear, please wake up soon. My son is suffering greatly." she whispered before closing the door shut.

    She slowly walked towards the front of the hospital while looking down at the ground. "Omo. Are you leaving already, Mrs. Byun?" the same nurse stood up from her desk.

    "Ah, yes." she paused. "Can you keep it a secret that I came here today?"

    The nurse blinked in surprise. "Why, of course." Mrs. Byun smiled and left the room. As soon as she left the room, she saw a figure strutting into the room and she almost choked. His long figure, broad shoulders, and sculpted face.

    Sehun calmly reached the counter and rested his arm against the top. "Hey, Yoon Dohee. Long time no see."

    She guffawed. "Last time I checked, you were here yesterday too, mister."

    "I know." Sehun returned to his cheerful self while flashing her his 1000-watt smile, and she blushed. "Didn't I look cool?"

    "Sure. Not sure if you're trying to get any girls or scare them away." she joked.

    "Awwwwww, but I practiced for Nana." he pouted and Dohee's face fell for a second. "Nana's room is open right?" She nodded and he grinned. "Alright! I'll see you later, Dohee!"

    As he ran off, Dohee smiled to herself. *He's such a kid.*


Hi guys! I'm back.. I guess >< Updates are gonna be slow until school is over and then I'll finish this story during the summer (: thanks for waiting guys! hope you like the update!

 

p.s. excited. cuz exo. aljdsklfjdkalsf