>>Chapter 42

My and Byun baekhyun's temporary love.

This is the moment you and I were waiting for! /drumroll/ and after you read this, you better leave a freaking good comment cuz I got so emotional when I wrote this QQ I should be studying for my piano theory CM test, but I wrote this. /shot/ I have no regrets. Enough with me, go cry some tears out!


Baekhyun lay still over the white mattress in the white hospital room with a white blanket covering him. His eyes were closed as he was still unconscious, and the only sound in the room was his deep breathing. Luckily, thanks to Nana, he hadn't been severely wounded.

Yet, Baekhyun was struggling.

Mentally.

There would be these flashes in his mind where he would find himself somewhere in one second, then somewhere else in another. These flashes came alone with searing pain in his head, and he didn't know how to get rid of it let alone what it was. In the end, he gave up trying to fight against the pain and instead relaxed.

That was when it all began.

He first found himself staring up at a young lady with long, flowy black hair. She had almond eyes with dark orbs which he found very familiar. Too familiar, in fact. Those lips.. Where had he seen them?

Before he could answer himself, he found himself somewhere else. It was a small but cozy restaurant. A little too cozy for Baekhyun's liking. He was being attacked, literally, from females from all sides. The inner baekhyun cringed, although he noticed that the baekhyun here was smiling politely.

That was when, he felt hands pushing him from behind shouting, "Make way! Make way!" and a smile formed on his face though he had no clue why.

The scene shifted to him looking at a crossword puzzle in the newspaper. Oh how he loved those. Secretly. What would others say when they found out that THE CEO of MultiBillion loved solving crossword puzzles in the daily newspaper? He wasn't willing to find out. A box was dropped under his nose and he looked up to see the girl again. With the long black hair and bright orbs, but it was only for a second as she looked away and his gaze went back to the box.

He opened it slowly to see something red. As he lifted it from the box, he noticed a white "B" that was visible. With a painful bright light that blinded him, he opened his eyes again to see a wide field in front of him and he couldn't see the end of the yellow meadow. He stared off into the clear blue sky, admiring it when a voice broke his train of thought.

"Can't you remember anything yet?" Baekhyun heard. He found himself replying, "No. Not at all." He lay down again with his hands behind his head, admiring the sky above him again.

"But if you remember anything... are you going to back?" That was when Baekhyun turned his head to the voice. When he saw the all too familiar girl again, his head began hurting again.

Remember.

Go back.

Remember..

Go back..

Her voice rang in his head over and over. Remember? Go back?

The pain in his head increased and he wanted to shout for it to go away. As if he had a received a slap in the head, it all hit him. Those eyes, those lips, the hair. He had seen it before.

Nana.

"Ahhhh!!" Baekhyun shot up from the cot he was laying on, as his chest heaved up and down from breathing deeply. Immediately, he felt physical pain in his back as well as his face. Well, that Jun always did have a fist of steel.

"Baekhyun! You're finally awake!"

"Yah, stay lying down! You're still injured!"

"Are you okay? You were thrashing in your sleep!"

Three familiar faces of his friends, no brothers, surrounded his bed.

but none of that mattered to Baekhyun right now. He remembered.

"Where's Nana?" he asked, in between gasps.

"Eyyyyy. I'm disappointed. We spent the whole night watching over you and the first thing you do is look for Nana?" Kai pouted.

"Of course he would. He's infatuated with her."  Chanyeol guffawed with that derpy but absolutely drop-dead-precious face of his.

D.O. sent Baekhyun a see-what-i-had-to-deal-with-the-whole-night look before sighing. "Don't be too surprised, but..." he paused.

"What?" Baekhyun slowly began to panic. Nothing bad happened to her right?

"Umm.. she was severely injured from the blow she took for you. She saved your life.. but..."

"Is she.. still.. here?" Baekhyun choked out the words. He couldn't say the word.

"Oh! Nonono. She's not dead." D.O. assured."but I'm afraid she's in a coma right now."

Baekhyun's mouth was agape as he processed the thought. He got up to go see her when he stumbled and D.O. caught him. "Be careful." he warned Baekhyun before letting go. Baekhyun limped his way slowly to the room at the end of the corridor. He practically begged the nurse, "Am I allowed to go in right now?"

She nodded and warned, "you shouldn't be loud or cause anything to stress her more. Don't forget that she is in a coma, but she can still hear you." Baekhyun frantically nodded before stepping in.

Sehun was inside sitting next to her bed, head hung low. Baekhyun didn't know he was crying until Sehun got up after hearing the door open and close. Sehun faced him, eyes swollen and cheeks wet. Baekhyun felt guilty for.. for everything. He had known of sehun's feelings for Nana yet he didn't want it to get in the way of their friendship, but it had ended up doing so anyway.

"You're up?" he asked and Baekhyun nodded."That's good."

There was an awkward silence that seemed to drag on and Sehun was the first to speak. "Um. I guess I'll leave you for now with Nana. I'll be out?" he forced a smile and stepped out. Baekhyun sighed before sitting down where Sehun once sat.

"Hey." Baekhyun smiled at the sleeping (sorta) Nana. Despite the situation they were in, he thought it was nice to see that Nana seemed peaceful. He had caused her so much pain.. Of course, he was repenting and he vowed never to hurt her again.

He reached out and grabbed her hand which was warm, and that alone reassured him.

"I.. I honestly don't know what to say." Baekhyun looked down at the floor. "I don't know if I should be saying I'm sorry, or that I'm happy I remember, or thankful that I'm here right now, or that I don't deserve to be here in front of you.."

Of course, he didn't receive a reply from her and he continued. "I just wish that none of this happened. If I hadn't met you. If I hadn't ended up at your house. If you had just lived on without me, you wouldn't be going through all this."

He looked at Nana, half expecting her to be glaring at him, hitting him while asking him why he ruined her life.

"No.. that would be a lie. If I said I wish I hadn't met you, that would be a lie." he laughed to himself, who was admitting that he was wrong for once. "I'm so blessed to have you in my life and I'm so thankful that you came back for me."

His heart ached and tears began forming in his eyes, and he choked back a sob.

"Nana... I remember now. I remember everything. Why you came barging into my room. Why you looked hurt when I didn't know who you were. Why I hurt so much when I saw you with someone else." He paused to wipe his tears that were threatening to come out.

"I love you, Han Nana. I remember that too. Right now, I know things are complicated and I know that you're going to suffer a lot more if you stay with me... but I'm going to be selfish again. I don't want you to go and I hope you feel the same."

"You may hate me after this, but I'll still love you. I won't give up, like how you didn't give up on me. I'll forever be your Bacon. So please. Just wake up and become the happy Nana I fell in love with." Baekhyun smiled lovingly at Nana as tears streaked down his face, and he leaned down to kiss the back of her palm.

Letting go of her hand that was now wet with his tears, Baekhyun got up and gently placed her hands on the blanket. Without managing to look at her face, Baekhyun turned around to leave.

As the door shut close, a single drop fell down her still face.