>>Chapter 49

My and Byun baekhyun's temporary love.

A/N: Yeah, I didn't write what it said on the letter because 1. I didn't know how to word everything 2. It'll be explained throughout the passage. And just a heads up, this fic is coming to an end.
 



    Nana slumped onto the sofa, feeling all the energy drain from her as soon as she felt the soft material. "Urggggh!" In frustration, she kicked her legs in all direction, not caring if she hit anything. Her tantrum didn't last long, or rather, her energy didn't last long. She bolted up from her position and then sat back down again.

    From afar, her parents merely watched her with an amazed look across their face. "Dear, you don't think she's gone crazy, do you?" Mrs. Han whispered to her husband, who was standing next to her.

    "Nah, I think she's just normally crazy. Just like you!" he chirped back at her, receiving a smack on his back. Oblivious to everything, Nana continued staring straight ahead, tons of thoughts floating around in her head.

    "I'm sorry but the deal is done! I'm not going to change my mind!"

    "You'll be responsible? How? Are you going to pay me the same amount of money the company offered me? It's far more money than all of the people in this village combined!"

    "Look. The only way this contract is off is if they call it off. Sorry to say, it doesn't look like they'll do that any time soon, seeing that they paid me so much for this land."


    "Stupid old man." Nana huffed. "Doesn't even care for the people." She lay down on the sofa again and stared at the ceiling instead. She knew she couldn't give up here. She didn't want to stress her parents out because of this so instead, she wanted to fix everything. She got up again and walked towards her parents, who were startled at her sudden action.

    "Mom, dad. Just trust in me! I can do this!" she grabbed their hands and firmly nodded before stomping off into her room.

    "So you're saying that I'm like her?" Mrs. Han repeated and her husband glanced at her, "You're going to hit me again, aren't you?" And she did just that.

    




    Hyuna parked her car in her garage and stepped out, her heels clacking against the hard floor. Opening the back door, she reached for her things when a certain object caught her eye. She picked up the crumpled paper and for a second, she wondered how the heck this got here when it hit her. She was about to open it up but she stopped. "No. I can't do that."

    Without looking at the paper, Hyuna unlocked her front door and walked inside, kicking off her heels in the process. She was so, so, tempted to take a peek at the contents as her curiosity always got to her, but she knew she couldn't do that Nana.
    
    "Oh, stop it, you." She smacked her hand that held the paper, causing the paper to drop from her grip and onto the floor. And she just left it there.

    "I wonder if Nana's okay, though. She looked kinda pale back in the car." Hyuna scrunched up her face in thought, remembering the silent ride. "What if she needs help? Is it because of the letter?"
    
    . . .

    "Argh!" she palmed her cheeks in frustration. Her curiosity got the best of her and she stomped back to where the paper lay, picking it up without a second thought. "If this is really the cause of her troubles, then that means I could help her, right? Right." Opening it up, she began to skim through.

    "Is it mean that I actually find this hilariously ridiculous? That freaking doesn't know what's good for her!" Hyuna scoffed before tossing the note away. She pulled out her cellphone and dialed away.
    
    "Yah, Joonmyeon, gather up the boys and come to Baekhyun's office in ten minutes, okay? You better not be a second late!"


 





    "What do you mean we need to help Nana? You mean she woke up?!" Sehun burst from his seat at the shocking news. "And you didn't tell us?!"

    "Woah, woah. Stop right there." Hyuna held up her hand. "One, she woke up a few hours ago and sorry, but you guys were the least of my worries. Two, she needs help so if you can just quiet down and just let me explain." she coyingly smiled.

    "...Alright." Sehun sat down again.

    "So that girl, what's her face? Oh yeah, Jessica. It looks like she gave Nana some false information. Well, sort of."

    "Can you just get to the point? I want to go home and sleep after this." Kai grumbled, earning a glare from Hyuna.

    "Anyways, I don't know what the hell is going on between Uncle and Jessica, but Jessica thinks she's getting married with Baekhyun or something. I don't know. Sounds like bull to me but you never underestimate my uncle." At her statement, everyone nodded in agreement.

    "Secondly, Baekhyun is in some serious with Nana. Apparently, his company just bought the land but not just anyone's land. It's where Nana's parents live, meaning they're going to be kicked out of their own homes. I haven't looked into it yet but I have a feeling my uncle is also behind this as well."

    "So.. where do we come in?" Chanyeol questioned.

    "That, my friend, is easy. We're going to buy back the land ourselves!" she paused."Well, I mean, we are going to give it back to the people afterwards, of course."

    "I'll help." Sehun answered almost immediately. I mean, he was willing to help Nana in any way possible.

    "Uhh.. my dad confiscated my bank account because I spent way too much just this past week." Kai stammered.

    "I was saving up to pay for my little sister's university fee!" Chanyeol pitched in.

    "I can help too." Suho smiled.

    "Kai dragged me to go shopping with him and used a lot of my money, but I'll see what I can do." D.O. glared at Kai, who sheepishly grinned back.

    "Alrighty! You guys can leave me alone now." she shooed them out of the office. As soon as they left, she called Nana, who didn't pick up. Worried, she called her home phone and that also went to voicemail. Giving up for now, she dialed Baekhyun's number, demanding him to pick up.

    "Hey." Baekhyun finally picked up after seven rings.

    "Yah, just wanted to tell you that Nana woke up."

    "WHAT?!" Baekhyun shouted, causing Hyuna to flinch.

    "Yeah, but I don't think she's too happy right now. You should know why." Baekhyun was silent. "And it seems that she heard from someone that you were getting married, which doesn't help the situation at all."

    "Ugh. Do you know where she is right now? I'll go down as soon as I can."

    "She won't answer her calls. I don't think she's home." Hyuna sighed.

    "She must have gone back to Busan then." Baekhyun replied.

    "I'll go and take a look to see if I could do anything to call it off."

    "I don't know if that's possible. My father's behind everything. It won't be easy." Baekhyun muttered, feeling powerless.

    "Wait! I have an idea. I know someone who might be able to do it!" Hyuna snapped her fingers, praising her intelligence.


Like mentioned above, this fic will end soon!