>>Chapter 32

My and Byun baekhyun's temporary love.

"I can't do iitt~~~" baekhyun frantically circled his office room in frustration. He mumbled some words before pausing and pulling his hair for the nth time already. His hair was now a big mess of hair sticking out in every direction.

In less than an hour, there was to be a huge conference with the sponsors of his companies and with several other CEOs from other companies who heard about the MultiBillion Company and wanted to see whether it was worth signing a contract with them.

You sighed and facepalmed yourself. "Baekhyun. You can do this. If you used the time to go over the script instead of whining, maybe you could've been able to memorize it."

"But i did memorize it!!"

"Then why can't you do it?"

"I can't speak in front of such a large crowd! One person to talk to is enough! Fifty pairs of eyes staring back at me! One look at them and my mind goes blank. What if I mess up? What if they don't think I'm good enough?" he ruffled his hair. again.

even in such a situation, you couldn't help but slightly giggle. It wasn't everyday you got to see the byun baekhyun like this (maybe except for when you first met him). not the proud and arrogant byun baekhyun. the vulnerable and helpless baekhyun.

You softened and you stepped towards him. As you stopped in front of him, you stared at his hair that now looked like it inhabited a bird inside. You shook your head and smoothed his hair out. He stiffened as he noticed that you were so close to him. His face grew hot and his heart seemed as it would burst out of his chest.

"All you need to do is calm down and everything will be fine, okay?" you spoke softly while continuing to fix his hair, which was thankfully starting to look better. he blushed, but he didn't look away.

Wait. This scene..? It was like in those dramas where the wife would tidy up her husband before he left to work.

Aish. He mentally slapped himself.

With the finishing touches to his hair, you smiled in content and looked at him. He was still frozen and you took it that he was still nervous.

"Smell the flower," you pointed your finger to your nose,"Blow the candle." you blew a kiss.

Baekhyun just stared at you as if you had come from exoplanet. You flicked his forehead and he yelped as he rubbed his forehead. "Gosh. You hit harder than D.O. hyung."

"Well, if you don't want another one and end up having a big bruise for the meeting, I suggest you follow me." you pointed your finger at your nose again. He rolled his eyes but did as he was told. You "smelled the flower" and he followed, and you "blew the candle" and he did as you did.

"Do you feel less nervous now?" you asked him.

*She was worrying about me all along?*

"Yes. Very." he chuckled, bursting with unknown happiness.

"Now. Shoulders straight." you tapped his shoulder and he immediately stood up straight.

"There~~ That's the right Byun Baekhyun. The egoist." you stepped back and made a camera frame with your hands.

"Yah!"

You stuck your tongue out. Checking your watch, you smiled. "We should start heading to the meeting room, Byun Baekhyun ssi."

--------

The wide double doors opened and all the representatives of different companies all stepped out. They were all engaged in conversations mostly complementing on the great speech that was given.

Inside the room, you ran up to Baekhyun, squealing.

"Ohmygosh!! Did you hear!! They loved the speech! They're going to sign up with us!!" you jumped up and down. Baekhyun, as a man, resisted wanting to jump up and down with you but instead, he sighed in relief.

"You were so good, did you know that?" you gave him the thumbs up.

*All thanks to you..* he thought.





 

 

"Uhh. T-today, I'm g-going to talk about.." Baekhyun stuttered as he stared back at the bright, shining pupils staring back at him. The faces staring back at him, however, were grim with disapproval. Baekhyun could already imagine the thoughts in their minds:

*This stuttering fool is the CEO of the oh so famous MultiBillion Company?*

*Are you sure I've come to the right meeting?*

*When will this meeting end?*

He gulped and shut his eyes for a second to clear his thoughts. When he reopened them, the first thing he saw was you. You were staring at him, fists balled up from the tension. As soon as you had eye contact with him, you fistpumped while mouthing, "Hwaiting! I believe in you!"

He widened in surprise. Suddenly, he had an urge to do well so that he wouldn't disappoint you. He cleared his throat and confidently stared back at the people in the room, who were probably already judging him, and he started again.





 

 

 

In the midst of laughing and squealing, baekhyun suddenly pulled you in for a hug. Your breath was caught in your throat as it hit you that the arms holding you was the arms of byun baekhyun.

"Thank you.. for always being there for me." he whispered in your ears. You relaxed as you hugged him back.

*I hope it'll stay that way.*

 

 

------

Omgomgomg. I owe you guys like 394280 apologies right now. miahnhae~~ QQ forgive meeee.

like. every time i tried to write, my fingers just like rested on the keyboard and my mind was blank. waaah T^T i'm sooo sorry..

but! as an apology, instead of weekly updates, i'll start trying to update every day or at least every other day. I seriously owe you guys that much. Thank you soo much for being patient though! I love you all~

btw, i enjoyed writing this chapter. teehee. they're so cute. ehehehe. [;

 

P.S. if any of you is like "what the heck is this flower and candle thing??" well, it helps you calm down. basically, when you smell the flower, you're inhaling, and when you blow the candle, you're exhaling. get it?? /wiggle eyebrows

 

OMG. WHAT IS THIS I HEAR ABOUT LAY'S HAEMOPHILIA?! TTT^TTT omgomg. I hope he's not suffering too much. He deserves some rest, SM! QQ all you lucky exo fans who get to see exo. BE. CAREFUL. AROUND. LAY. or i shall come hunt you down >:OOOO but seriously.. don't push yourself too much, lay!! and eat everyday and. be careful. and we'll always be here for you TT^TT uttukhaee. did anyone else read the fan accounts of Lay? the letter he wrote to/about his dad? omg. i nearly cried QQ he's so sweet.