>>Chapter 47

My and Byun baekhyun's temporary love.

    The door to the hospital room stiffly slid open due to the fact that it had been opened too many times each day. After much heaving, the sliding door finally opened with a pop, causing the frail girl to stumble backwards, gaining weird stares from nearby nurses. After giving them a what-are-you-looking-at stare, she cleared while fixing the loose strands of hair that had escaped her perfect bun.

    "Stupid door. They should get rid of it immediately." she scoffed as she entered the room, struggling with the door again in attempts to close it. The second time was easier and took less time, much to her satisfaction. However, she gasped a moment later.

    "My nails! I barely had them done yesterday! Ugh. That damn door chipped off the pink polka-dot." she pouted before glaring at the lifeless girl. "Han Nana, this is all because of you! Do you know how expensive this was?" she talked to particularly no one,"Well, of course you wouldn't. It's probably more expensive than all your property combined." she snickered, obviously enjoying her time teasing Han Nana.

    "But then again, I get to marry Baekhyun oppa soon so I'll just forgive you." she giggled. Out of the corner of her eye, a bright bundle caught her eyes and she turned to the drawer next to the bed. Perched on top of it was a simple but cute vase filled with pink carnations and red roses, while decorated with baby's breath. Jessica wouldn't have minded that such beautiful flowers were given to Nana, her rival, but she did mind. Very much.

    Because those beautiful flowers were given to Nana by Baekhyun.

    Jessica crumpled the cute note left by him and tossed it towards the ground, not caring where the heck it landed. She just wanted it out of her sight as if that would help her forget about the fact.

    She slumped into the chair that was left next to the bed and just stared at Nana's calm figure. "She is kinda pretty..." she mumbled before catching herself,"but I'm still prettier than her."

    She finally remembered what she had come for and took out a piece of paper and pen from her purse. Using the drawer as a desk, she began to write just as she was told to.

    As soon as she finished writing, she carefully folded it four times, using her fingernails to crease it. When she saw that it was small enough not to be noticed by others, she slipped the note underneath the blanket, into Nana's still hands. When she fixed the blanket to how it was before, it did indeed look as if nothing had happened.

    Instead of leaving right away as she had planned, one look of Nana's peaceful face left her rooted in her spot. "How can you look so calm even when I'm about to ruin your life?" her voice cracked in the middle. No, that wasn't how it was supposed to come out. She had meant to sound mean, cold, anything but weak.

    Even then, Nana didn't reply with a hateful response. No, she just lay still, and something in Jessica broke.

    "Why are you just laying still?! Shouldn't you be yelling at me why I'm doing this?! Shouldn't you be pulling my hair in frustration?! Why I'm stepping in your life and why I'm trying to ruin it?! What becomes of me if you're not doing anything to stop me?" Jessica tightly held a fistful of her skater skirt, not caring for once that it would have crinkles later on.

    "Because... I know that what I'm about to do is bad. But... I'm going to be selfish again. I'm not going to let this chance of getting Baekhyun slip away from me again.." As she glared at Nana once again, she felt a pang in her chest and her eyes grew blurry from tears. "He may never have noticed me in school but I liked him since highschool. I studied so hard so I could be noticed by the top student in school." she suddenly chuckled at the memory before becoming disheartened again.

    "Why can it be you but not me? I've like him way longer than you did... It's just not fair... I'm prettier than you. I have more money than you. I have better education than you. I could give him so much more than you!" Jessica burst out. Her whole life, she had been only provided with the best so that she could be the best. For the past years, she had had boys lined up at her feet but she had rejected them all just because of one boy. One boy who had never looked her way. One boy who had never noticed the glances she stole at him during class. One boy who hadn't known of her mere existence.

    But she hadn't given up. Because Jessica always got what she wanted. She always got the best and to her, Baekhyun was the best. So she hoped because that was the only thing she could do. She hoped that he would look at her once.

    When he finally did, however, it was a look of hate. That day at his house when he had brought along Nana and claimed she was his girlfriend was the first day he had noticed her. That was the first day he had begun hating her. She didn't understand. She didn't want to understand. So she kept hoping because one day, he would be hers.

    "What is there that I don't have but you do? I don't understand." she whispered to the girlfriend of the one she loved. Nana didn't reply back and Jessica told herself that it was because there was indeed nothing that Nana had that she herself didn't. Or at least, a big part of her wanted to believe that.

    Because when she turned around to leave once and for all, she spotted the crumpled note that she had thrown in jealousy and that when she knew the answer.

    Baekhyun's love.

    That was what Nana had that she didn't.